+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Marissa

I was wondering what they meant by Marissa isn't a team player. I was like.. when the heck did this become team playing. Every woman for herself. Watch Jack's face when they bring Marissa back. I am sure it will be one the other girls will noticed. I thought they were being really selfish in deciding why they were booting Marissa. None of them really had good reasons, and I noticed they apologized to him too.. Like they knew they were doing wrong.

I can't wait to see Jack's face AND the girls faces when Marissa comes back. I think the real story is between Jack and Marissa, you can tell by how he kisses her and how often he kisses her when they are together--compared to the other girls. It may not be real love but it seems to be the best this show has to offer at this point. I like them together the best.

After all these girls have put this poor guy through, I think they should let him pick whoever he wants!!

I couldn't believe they would get rid of one girl by having the others vote her out - this isn't Marry My Dad! Especially, because she is the one he likes best and it should be who he wants, not who the girls want to stay. She is the most competition to the others and the producers want a bad girl that no one else likes to spice things up. Adrienne is obviously the Alpha female, but she is not the one he wants (chaste kisses and he likes her "spirituality") but the others follow her (all except Marissa).

I also liked that Marissa said she will miss him and that she wants him (not wants to "win" him as the other girls do). To her, it is not a game. She wants him. That, in itself, made me like her best. Plus I hate to see a bunch of women gang up on one girl because they are jealous. I always want to defend the outsider.

I hope she ends up with him and am glad they are bringing her back. He will be too!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    I thought they were being really selfish in deciding why they were booting Marissa. None of them really had good reasons, and I noticed they apologized to him too.. Like they knew they were doing wrong.
    If they were smart, and not just team-playing (ganging up is another good word for that, isn't it?) one of the latter girls would have cast her vote elsewhere just to get in good with Jack for not blackballing his honey. Marissa still would have been gone. Strategy, girls, strategy!

I just read JD Roberto's diary (on TBS's Outback Jack website) and he says:

"Then again, the show's not called "Outback Friends." She's here for Jack, and from what I've seen, she's doing a pretty good job. " (about Marissa)

And he also goes on to say:

"There's also the "Jack Factor." He's going to know who you voted for and it's definitely going to effect what he thinks of you. He loves an underdog, an under-appreciated person. He loves to be a protector. If the girls gang up on someone, they may do themselves more harm than good in Jack's eyes. "

I think that may say a lot about how Jack is going to deal with the whole "gang up on Marissa & vote her off" thing!! I'm sure JD has gotten to know Jack pretty well...

Well I can't blame the girls for voting someone off, when the producers tell them they have to. Vadim should understand that. And it must be quite an ordeal for them all, trekking through the wilderness - when that's not what they signed up for. It just makes it so much worse if one of the girls is purposely not bonding with the others - of course she would be targetted to leave, so they'd have one less hardship to deal with. And since Marissa does seem to have formed a bond with Vadim, that's the double whammy. They had the chance to get rid of their strongest competition and the biggest thorn in their side, at the same time. I don't believe for a second that Adrienne bullied them into that decision. It was a no-brainer. And if Vadim faults them for that, I'll lose respect for him.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    Marissa is my favorite. I thought the other girls were being ridiculous to say they were voting her out because they needed to be a team to get through this and Marissa wasn't a team player. Dating Shows are not a team sport! Every woman for herself.

Jack's and Marissa's good bye was very sweet. If I were him, I'd be holding a grudge on the rest of the girls for voting out his favorite. That can't work in their favor. Apologizing to him as they did it pretty much says they knew what they were doing.
    I like her quite a bit, too. She seems to have more of a genuine interest in Jack than most of the others. More importantly, Jack seems to want her around.

She appears to be direct and open about her feelings and her interest without being the consummate witch that generally causes me to stop watching. Adrienne is filling that role for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    And if Vadim faults them for that, I'll lose respect for him.
    I dunno, Qboots. Think of it from his prospective. He has this girl he likes, a lot, he's already feeling kind of protective of her after her heat stroke. She could even be his favorite. And then one by one the other women step up and :phhht blackball her, making his girl cry and tearing her out of his life, not making the decision in his best interest, but in their own, leaving Jack a very sad boy. If I were him, I'd be pretty angry too. Nobody forced them to get rid of Marissa. That was their own idea. They knew what they were doing.

I can't wait till she comes back !

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    Nobody forced them to get rid of Marissa.
    But they were forced to get rid of somebody. And they weren't allowed to discuss it with Vadim. Not a fun spot to be in.

The other girls are not there to play matchmaker for Marissa and Vadim. Why do people respect Marissa's competitiveness, but not the other girls'?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast