+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: J.D. Roberto, Host

I just want to pop in and defend JD's "other" show - 'Are You Hot?' I watched it, and didn't mind it at all. I found it more honest than most reality shows. The only reason for any show to be on the air is to attempt to get ratings and make money. With reality shows, the overhead is so low (no actor's salaries) they have a fairly good shot at making money. They're basically exploiting a group of average people, who of course have agreed to the exploitation. Just throw a bunch of folks together, and watch the fireworks.

Now, some shows will try to pretend that they have some valiant goal in mind, such as creating a love match between 2 people, or giving an average person a chance at a big sum of money. But seriously, they don't give a rat's ass about the love match, it's all about ratings.

And that is my long-winded explanation of why 'Are You Hot' was so honest. No hidden agenda. No 'valiant goal' in mind. It was just "Hey - let's go around the country, round up a bunch of really hot people, parade them out on stage, spin them around, and let everybody ogle them." Sometimes simplicity is best.

I appreciated that as a viewer, I never ever felt like I was being manipulated. That being said - once was enough. It wasn't the kind of thing you'd try to build a franchise around.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I'm back--Jack is mine! littlemess23's Avatar

well said, qboots.

if i ever need a good laugh ill be coming to the fort

Thanks mess. (Is it OK if I call you mess?)

Welcome to the FORT!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Newbie
    I'm gonna stick with no comment.

In the end, standing in a suit (with BAD hair) and reading teleprompter is not what I do best, so I wasn't wild about ME on the show. Outback Jack, a chance to interact, think on my feet in a dynamic situation suits my skills better.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    No host has to worry about Bad Hair ever again after "the Donald" hit the airwaves.

Quote Originally Posted by jdroberto
    In answer to the name question, I'm JD Roberto, with an 'O' not an 'S' at the end....Italian, not English and, I'm ashamed to admit, I don't know the other guy you're talking about.
    The "other guy " is the now staid "John Roberts" who is Dan Rathers second in command , and likely CBS main nightly anchor man when or if Dan ever leaves. In his previous incarnation as a somewhat cheeky and very rude crude VJ on Much Music, he went by "JD" Roberts. Luckily (maybe) for you he has hidden his scandalous past and previous name choice.

Actually having done Bachlelor duty since ABC first thrust it upon us , "The Outback" is a great idea. Make em work for it. It's more intersting than watching a bunch of spoiled brats drink and bitch themselves silly in an LA mansion.

As for the public awareness of the shows schedule , if the show catches on that will only work for the first show. If the next show they don't have sequesterville, you WILL have neighbors and friends spilling the beans.
    We always know who wins survivor , just by the outside reports of who was gone for how long , etc. Thats why sites like this one exist. For the last bach we had former classmates of the supposed spy tripping over themselves to give us info on her.

Q , I like your no-nonsense view of AYH . Lorenzo just put me OTT.

My pics of who I think Jack will pick and why...
    1. Marissa... the connection has been there all of the show. Through everything he seems to connect with her more. My only question is, if he chose her, would she moved to Aussie or would he moved to Florida.
    2. Natalie... I think she has stayed in as long as she has because she has a great sense of humor and adventure. Even all of her silly sayings have made the show interesting. For a prissy girl, she seems to handle the outdoors well.
    3. Courtney.. She's been the quietest of them all, but I like her because I think she is more his type.

Thanks for all your answers JD.. they have been very interesting facts, and I do hope you can tell us more of what went on behind the scenes.

J.D.Roberto, Host

Well JD (and I wish I could type it with that Australian accent that Vadim has - Jai Dei) I think the next to go will be Adrienne . He seems to want everyone to get along and she's a bit too controlling. I think the last 2 will be Courtney and Marissa and he'll choose Marissa . They just seem to have clicked. Unless the show has been heavily edited to lead us astray. Is Courtney so funny all the time?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam
    Is Courtney so funny all the time?
    "The nineties called, they want their spandex back!" That was pretty funny.

As many have noted, it certainly looks like Marissa will win--which is precisely why I'm thinking maybe she won't. When does anything ever go as expected? The show has already hung a few wild lefts already. And if JD himself, the man on the spot, was surprised at Jack's choices, perhaps we will be too...

(Well, I can always hope, right?)

Kat.. You can hope hun

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam
    Well JD (and I wish I could type it with that Australian accent that Vadim has - Jai Dei) I think the next to go will be Adrienne . He seems to want everyone to get along and she's a bit too controlling. I think the last 2 will be Courtney and Marissa and he'll choose Marissa . They just seem to have clicked. Unless the show has been heavily edited to lead us astray. Is Courtney so funny all the time?
    I hope it is Adrienne. Her controlling personality annoys me, but he admires her. Her athleticism, adaptability, and leadership abilities have also earned my respect - but I really don't think there is any chemistry between the two of them and very little physical attraction from either.

My favorite is Courtney too. She is funny, adaptable, and easy going. He is attracted to her, but I don't feel the warm and fuzzies on her end. The only two who really want him (from what we've seen so far) are Marissa and Maria. We all think it will be Marissa, but you never know. She may do something or say something that really turns him off and he'll let her go and pick someone else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast