+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: J.D. Roberto, Host

FORT Newbie
    Actually they ARE sent straight home (well, given how remotely located we were it took a night or two to get them back to Sydney but from there it was a flight to LA and on to where-ever they lived). The contracts they sign (and all the crew members sign) are brutally clear on the confidentiality front. If the show can prove you gave information about the show to ANYONE, you are liable for $1,000,000. And it's an airtight contract.

Now, I am assuming if you're Laura or one of the girls that went home 1st, your family is going to figure it out...'hey, honey, why were you only in Austrlia for 4 days?' but when it gets down to the last 5 or so, they've been gone long enough that - unless you have the shoot schedule in hand - it's hard to know who placed where.

And by the time the public develops an awareness of the show, the shoot is over and ALL the girls are home - so it doesn't help them guess either.

FORT Regular
    Yeah, I was just thinking their family and friends aren't bound by contracts, what's stopping them from spilling the beans? Too bad for the girls though. If you're gonna be tricked into being dumped into the woop woops (Aussie slang for the middle of nowhere, as you probably know) in an evening gown no less, you could at least get some time at the aforementionned swim-up bar. But perhaps they were quite happy to get out of there by then.

What conditions did you and the crew live in? Did you have any scary encounters with fanged and/or poisonous critters? I hear Australia has a veritable smorgasbord of things that can kill you in a wide variety of unpleasant manners. I spent a lot of time in the rain forest, and we had frogs and trees that were so poisonous you could die just from touching them. But I've been told that nowhere is nature more machiavellian than in Australia.
    Last edited by kat007; 07-18-2004 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdroberto
    Now, for show stuff. I am interested in knowing (in 15 words or less) who you think is going to win and why. I tried to guess the whole damn 4 weeks and was wrong at almost every elimination.
    15 words is too tough...

1st Choice: Marissa. There is an obvious connection between them -- the way they stand or sit together they way they hold hands, the way they kiss and they way they do it all in front of the other girls. Jack is a self proclaimed one-woman-guy and he's made a serious connection with her, to him it would be cheating if he got together with anyone else. Note on last week's show we didn't see any kissing.

2nd Choice: Mari-De. Meri-De is just so much more Jack's type it would be really easy for him to fall for her. I don't think it will happen because Marissa is coming back.

Long shot: Natalie, she is just so much fun. I know I'd be in stitches hanging out with her.

Quote Originally Posted by jdroberto
    Also, without getting myself in trouble, what do you want to know about the production!?
    Was it tough being the prophet of doom and having all the girls and Jack hate you? Were you able to hang out with the cast during shooting? Or were you kept apart and only brought in to deliver doom?

Was there any footage of stuff taken that is freaking hilarious but is too hot for TV? Will it be included on the DVD?

I'm rooting for Cortney because she comes off as genuinely happy and nice. Although I wouldn't mind Maria winning either because she is so emotionally attached, it seems. Natalie is sweet, probably genuine, but I just don't see a match. Meri-Dee and Adrienne, just to abrasive I think for someone as sweet as Vadim.

So, what I want to know, is there a second season in plan? Are you still going to be host? (I don't know if these are questions that you can answer or is it still in production or a secret?)

FORT Regular
    I'm with you, Watches2muchTV. If I were the all-powerful matchmaker here, I'd definitely pick Cortney for Jack. Not only is she sweet, she's also game. She's thrilled about riding a "donkey", the first to jump off the "cliff," etc. However, I can't help it if Jack has bad taste in women...

I am rooting for Maria because I always cheer for the best-stacked one of the group, thats just the kind of guy I am
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I am rooting for most of the girls, but think he will pick Marissa in the end because he has the best...I hate to say it...connection with her. I hope he doesn't pick Adrienne in the end, just don't like her. I like Natalie and Cortney, Meri-dee would be best suited for him but I don't think he would feel right choosing her over the other orginal girls.

Thanks for answering all these questions J.D.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    I am rooting for Maria because I always cheer for the best-stacked one of the group, thats just the kind of guy I am
    So were you heartbroken to see Mary go?

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    15 words is too tough...

1st Choice: Marissa. There is an obvious connection between them -- the way they stand or sit together they way they hold hands, the way they kiss and they way they do it all in front of the other girls. Jack is a self proclaimed one-woman-guy and he's made a serious connection with her, to him it would be cheating if he got together with anyone else. Note on last week's show we didn't see any kissing.

2nd Choice: Mari-De. Meri-De is just so much more Jack's type it would be really easy for him to fall for her. I don't think it will happen because Marissa is coming back.
    I'm with you on your first two choices, Dangerbunny. I think Marissa will be the last woman standing based on his reaction when the girls kicked her out. He seemed genuinely hurt.

JD. Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. It's really cool of you.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Thanks for all the insider info, JD!! You Rock!!! And - Kat - great questions!!
    As for who will win... I really can't make any predictions yet - maybe after Tuesday's show... But I can narrow it down to 3! (In no particular order...) - Marissa, Maria & Cortney... As to why?!? Woman's intuition!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast