+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: J.D. Roberto, Host

FORT Newbie
    yeah, i guess i did look a little creepy on Are You Hot? it was the bad hair, i think. but take it easy on Shark Chasers...i am a medic, you know. man, i should surf the message boards more often to see where i'm getting beat up!

btw - they did let me come back from Australia.

JD (if you are really indeed JD) ! Would love to know insides in the show if you care to share!

I'll second that welcome JD!

I hope when the show is finished airing, you can tell us some things we didn't get to see, as long as it doesn't get you in trouble.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Newbie
    well, I'll try to think of some good dish before the show is over that will give you some behind the scenes info without violating my contract or giving away anything.

Ripper! Good on ya.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Regular
    I don't think you're creepy JD. (But then again, I have no idea what "Are you hot?" is.) However, the scary music they pipe in every time you appear on the show probably isn't helping you any, plus all that bad news you bear...

Here's a Q for you (an easy one not covered by contracts, I'm sure) I just posed on another thread. Apparently it took eight weeks to shoot, but it seems only two, three days tops are represented in each episode. I'm doing the math and it ain't adding up. 'Fess up: were you guys spending five-day weekends at the nearest hotel swim-up bar? (Cause really, I wouldn't blame you if you had...)
    Last edited by kat007; 07-16-2004 at 09:54 PM.

Hey, JD - I like your journal... you know how to write!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by kat007
    I don't think you're creepy JD. (But then again, I have no idea what "Are you hot?" is.)
    Well we almost have a million posts since we opened for business on this message board, mostly on Reality TV . The admin, most of the mod crew, writers , and a big contingent of the membership think "Are You Hot" was hands down the worst of the worst in reality TV. Does that give you any insight on just how bad it was. I watched two shows before my stomach went queasy, and that was the main reason why I didn't watch OBJ. But hey you didn't write the stuff.
    Now "Shark Chasers" is more my kind of show.

Welcome to the board JD if it's really you. It's always nice to hear the behind the scenes. A friendly warning before you write something you might be sorry for, that the powers that be troll and spam this site too. :phhht Just ask our buddy Sean of Flom 2.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by berries
    Hey, JD - I like your journal... you know how to write!
    Ditto.

Do people on these shows read these things? Taking potshots at a persona on the box in your living room is one thing. It's all fun and games until they become a real person.

LG.
    well Kat, poking fun at reality tv "personalities" is still fun and games for the FORT even if they choose to join the site. The rules make it clear that anyone who chooses to appear on a reality tv show is "fair game" but that posters at the website are protected by the anti-flaming, anti-baiting policies. They need to agree to the terms of site membership the same as anyone else who chooses to join the FORT.

We've actually had quite a few reality tv show folks join us here, BTW, and most of them handle it with grace.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast