+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Vadim Dale, the Bachelor

Boy, Nash must really be the tightwad of reality tv producers...didn't have to dole out bucks on FLOM, and now won't help out with Vadim's visa problems...maybe Vadim should go on the reality show on Spanish TV...to win a green card. Compare Nash's handling of prizes for reality show "winners" and Fox's Joe Millionaire. Not only did JM gift Linda with bucks, but gifted David with real estate and they didn't make much of an attempt to stay together either. C'mon Nash cut the couple a break.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Actually Nash shelled out more than Fleiss on the Bachelor - 20 thousand dollar diamond necklace and 30 day trip to wherever if the world they want to go!!!! That must be worth thens of thousands too. They just want to move to a VERY expensive city and so they may have to give up one of their gifts. Makes sense. But the visa issue is different. And considering the situation :Aussie guy and American woman - Nash should totally have prepared for and anticipated this.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 08-12-2004 at 01:58 PM.

Vadim should had taken care of the VISA issue before now. He knew the exipiration date was nearing. I dont think Nash should have to shell out more dollars to take care of his stay here, he took care of the part he needed him for.. and that was for the remaining part of the show. Vadim had to know if he selected one of the girls that this immigration issue would come up somewhere. Whether he moved to the United States or she moved to Aussie. I am going through Immigration with Canada right now and it has cost me dollars for extensions, passports, medical exams, background checks, etc. So if they think they are having money probs now, by the time he goes through all these visas and work visas.. it could cost more than he expected.

I believe Vadim signed a 1 year contract with TBS/Nash, I believe they should pay for it. I can't remember where I read that but it was here at the FORT.

Fort Member
    I thought the idea was for him to find someone who could live in Australia with him. So really it looks like he was looking for a reason to stay in the states to kick start a modelling career. I think they should be responsible for his stay while he is promoting the program but past that its his problem.

If they just packed up and moved to Aus. they couldn't promote the show, which would send TBS/Nash into a tizzy since they have this contract... Sounds like they could play hard ball and threaten to leave which might make someone step up to the plate and help, or they could just leave and live happily ever after--but I don't think that their true intentions are to live somewhere quietly--they want LA, the spot light and all that comes with it. So many in Hollywood made it on their own after years of struggling, many are still trying to make it, so a reality contestant that breezes in and wants to have it all right away isn't going to get alot of sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney
    If they just packed up and moved to Aus. they couldn't promote the show, which would send TBS/Nash into a tizzy since they have this contract... Sounds like they could play hard ball and threaten to leave which might make someone step up to the plate and help, or they could just leave and live happily ever after--but I don't think that their true intentions are to live somewhere quietly--they want LA, the spot light and all that comes with it. So many in Hollywood made it on their own after years of struggling, many are still trying to make it, so a reality contestant that breezes in and wants to have it all right away isn't going to get alot of sympathy.
    The whole thing is just so phony and weird. I think Nat may really be in love with the guy. But, his feelings/intentions aren't so clear. I also doubt that she is looking for the spotlight, but he probably is. If they are supposed to stay in LA and promote the show, it should be the obligation of the show to make that at least comfortable for them (pay for their expenses and his VISA requirements). Something about this whole thing just smells funny to me. We are probably not getting the whole picture.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam
    News of the couple. TBS and Nash Entertainment need to step up to the plate re; visa issues.. click on the link !!news
    Thanks for sharing the article.

You are right aname. Something just isn't right in the story and I'm not saying it's Jack and Nat, or TBS/Nash, it just doesn't make sense compared to the other reality tv participants I've seen over the years. In this case though, since Nat already had a condo and a job, if their real priority is to just be together then living in her town would make the most sense. TBS could fly them in whenever they were "needed". If in fact it's part of his contract to make appearances to promote the show then his expenses should have been listed and covered in his contract. So, what's the story?

LG.
    they are both interested in being in the "entertainment industry" and LA is the place to be for such things, not Florida or wherever Nat had been living before. They want to be going to auditions for Sun Chips ads and trying out to be bit parts in movies and sitcoms. If they don't live in LA, how can they frequent Belly's and be cast in next season's Big Brother?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread