+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Vadim Dale, the Bachelor

Adrienne had mentioned in this past weeks show she was going to wash his hair .. I was like.. nooooooooooooo leave him alone!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by kat007
    Ditto. I like a rough-and-tumble guy. (well, rough-and-tumble with the world, gentle with me). However, I believe it's a woman's prerogative to see what a man's got going on under his facial hair. Then he can grow it back. I like Jack's beard. I just want to see more Jack, less beard, just out of curiosity.

p.s. Age limit was from 21 to 30. (Why do I know so much pointless info? The only thing it's good for is Trivial Pursuit.)
    What's under Jack's beard? Probably just more of that cute smile!!

Quote Originally Posted by melanie65
    I don't know, but I'm sure the cutoff was well below 38. I'm certain I could have run circles around those girls, which is another reason they never would have picked me. Darn it.
    I'm 43 and kind of uh, 'wide' but I do lots of outdoor stuff and could kick the prissies' butt out there as well. Maybe they could come up with a show where the old but woods-wise bats chase the hot young outdoorsman across the Outback!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I'm 43 and kind of uh, 'wide' but I do lots of outdoor stuff and could kick the prissies' butt out there as well. Maybe they could come up with a show where the old but woods-wise bats chase the hot young outdoorsman across the Outback!
    Ha ha!! I'd be up for that!!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Great idea. Now that would be hysterical. Is there no smiley for hysterical? Oh well,

And ditto on the Melanie.

But more than the hair and beard and smile and stuff (okay, hot stuff), it's his character I really like. I love a man who will use his greater strength to protect rather than harm. Although I can handle myself, they're good to have around. Like when I was living in Jasper National Park, there was a herd of elk on the doorstep of our log cabin. So my boyfriend starts yelling at them "Hey, Mr. Elk!!!" Now this is during rutting season, and all wildlife being protected, they're not particularly impressed with humans--we're on their turf. So of course a huge elk gets pissed off and charges us. And where's Peter? In about one third of a second he's fifty feet away and on the other side of a fence. :phhht Where am I? Well I was in front, so naturally the elk charges straight at me and I get backed up against a fence (the very one Peter is hiding behind) where I'm about to be gored by a one-ton animal with a twelve-pointer. So what does Peter do? He starts yelling to "distract" the elk. (Yeah, good idea, Peter, seeing as that's what got us into this mess in the first place.) Mercifully, the elk stops within a foot of piercing my chest, but backs up and puts its head down for another go. I'd just been reading a book about how to avoid bear attacks (there were lots of grizzlies about) and it said to talk softly and back away. So I figured it might work with elk too (in fact, I've found it to be sound advice in most dicey situations). So I start speaking reassuringly to it (it's okay, my boyfriend's just an idiot, I'll just be going now, don't bother about me) while sidling away along the fence towards the front door. Once safely inside (Peter came in safely from the other side of the fence) he starts yelling at me: "Are you crazy? Standing up to an elk!?!" Well, actually, I think the crazy thing was provoking an elk during rutting season, and what the hell else was I supposed to do, you left me alone backed up against a fence? (Actually, this is one situation in which you should talk loud and stand your ground. Well, as well as I could stand my ground on very shakey legs.)

Now I'm thinking a guy like Vadim would be much better to have around. A) he wouldn't be stupid enough to provoke an elk, and B) if one did charge us, he'd jump in front of you, or toss you over his shoulder and vault the fence, or something equally heroic . He certainly wouldn't leave you to face it alone. I say "I'm thinking" because I've never actually had a man like that. Where can I get one? Do you have to be all helpless and inept to attract one like that? 'Cause I'm with you girls, I've handled myself in much rougher environments than their camps in the Outback, and without the benefit of a Jack. I could kick some Prissy butt too. I wouldn't get all shrieky over a jumping jack. Especially if Jack were doing the jumping So I'd be screwed.
    Last edited by kat007; 07-16-2004 at 12:56 PM.

Well, Kat007, you and I may disagree on Marissa, but most of us seem to agree on Vadim/Jack (even those who didn't like him at first).

He is definitely a hunk, in every definition of the word. He is the type of guy they write romance novels about. I am 60 years old and he gets my heart pounding (as do a few other Aussie men - Hugh Jackman, Julian McMahon, I could go on).

In fact, of all the reality studs to date, he is the only one who I find really attractive. I guess its his sensitivity combined with his manliness. He also such a gentlemen. You get the feeling that he would never deliberately hurt a woman to save his pride or lead someone on to boost his own ego. We may be only seeing a small part of his personality, but he seems to be an honorable man with good character along with his physical attractiveness.

FORT Regular
    Good description, aname. Those casting directors sure knew what they were doing. They had to pick a guy who would inspire prissy girls to brave the rigours of the outback, without the lure of money. Apparently a friend sent in an application for Vadim, and they kept calling him to audition and he always said no. (The reason he gave is "I'm a monogamous kind of bloke, and I didn't like how it would look for me to be with a dozen women at the same time." ...Is this guy for real???? He's almost too good to be true. He told Adrienne he just wanted "one woman to impress, please and love." Okay, I'm officially impressed. Could I have some stage two and three now please? ) Finally they called him on the last day of auditions, having found no one else, and talked him into it. He finally decided he kinda liked the idea of protecting a group of "sheilas". Do you know he put his cot between the river and the girls so any marauding crocs would have to go through him first? And because the sixth "donkey" was sick, he did the whole trek on foot, carrying his backpack and leading the other camels by hand? Now there's a guy I'd like to have around during rutting season (and I don't just mean for the elks...! )

p.s. Yeah, what do they put in the water in Oz? They grow some fine men down under: Patrick Rafter, Russell Crowe, Mel Gibson...Think I'd stick with Vadim though.
    Last edited by kat007; 07-16-2004 at 05:08 PM.

Okay, now I'm really impressed! Actually, I have someone of my own who is very much like Vadim - very protective, hunky, and monogamous. My husband identifies with Vadim (in fact this is the only reality show, except Amazing Race, that he watches) and he thinks Vadim will hesitate to get involved with anyone else until his feelings for Marissa have dissipated.

It is so nice to see a guy who really wants just one girl (even if she is questionable), than the American Bachelor shows where the guys will deep kiss everyone to "see if they have chemistry".

Great discussion, ladies!! I agree with lots of what was said... Jack is definitely nothing like any of the previous bachelors we've seen! Hey, he may actually be the first guy who's done the "picking" who actually has a shot at things working out! Isn't he just "The ANTI-Bob"!!!!

FORT Regular
    I agree with your hunky, protective, monogamous husband aname. (Hold onto him). I was saying the same thing. Once Marissa got the jump on Jack, he wasn't likely to change horses mid-stream. I would've been curious to see what might've developed with any of the others had Marissa not returned.

I think her heat stroke focused his attention on her literally from Day 1. (I'm not saying she faked it--I had heat stroke in Nicaragua, which is hotter than hell to begin with, and this was during a volcanic eruption. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, including Marissa.) He said he felt really badly about it, like he had failed at his job of protecting her. (Even though he had told her to drink more water.) I'm not saying they don't have affinities, I think he was just paying special attention to her after that. And once they had the midnight snog, I think Mr. Monogamy had zeroed in on the One Woman.

I don't know who Bob is, but I'm sure I wouldn't have liked him if he was 'The ANTI-Vadim."
    Last edited by kat007; 07-16-2004 at 11:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread