+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Ozzie and Jack's World Detour (History Channel)

Re: Ozzie and Jack's World Detour (History Channel)

I am glad they have subtitles for Ozzy. I really enjoy the interactions between the two of them.

And Ozzy got to clear his record at the Alamo! As one who only heard that headline rumor way back when, it was nice to see there was no official urination record.

But yeah, the bat saga still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    ... I find Jack sexy as hell ...
    Me too! When did that happen? Last I heard (a year ago?) he was sickly. Not the case here!!!

c'mon inner peace... Phart Blossom's Avatar

I just finished watching the second season. I really like this show. Ozzy rocks!!!
    Nobody is perfect...everyone's ass has a crack in it.

FORT Fogey

What I notice most about Ozzie on the show are the things you wouldn't expect from someone who's nickname is the Prince of Darkness. Like that both he and Jack make a point of introducing themselves, shaking hands, generally showing that somewhere along the line they were taught proper manners, despite what my later mother would have euphemistically referred to as "all that language." Or that he's got such a variety of interests or is genuinely intrigued by the work of other musicians whose styles or instruments are quite unlike his (e.g. the guy with the Diddly Bos, whom Ozzie freaked out a little, I think, by pulling out a huge wad of cash to pay for a couple of his instruments). Or that he's pretty darn obviously a doting grandfather and likes to go grocery shopping, of all things. But most of all, I love how absolutely bonkers he is about his little dog, Rocky (or "Rocky Booooy!" as Ozzie likes to refer to him). I also like the father/son relationship between the two of them, and some of the places/activities Jack chooses are fun to see/watch, even if they're not necessarily something I would want to do myself.

On a side note, at one point the Osbournes were actually Pat Boone's next door neighbors, and I heard him asked about them on some talk show. He said they had been fine as neighbors. The worst thing he could say about them was that they did have a lot of little dogs, but if they were outside and barking, they were quick to take them in so they didn't disturb anyone and they took good care of the dogs and the yard, so he didn't think that was a big deal. He also said he was surprised when he heard all the swearing on "Meet the Osbournes" because when the kids talked to him, they always called him "Mr. Boone," were polite, and had nice manners. Oh, and he said that while they were his next door neighbors, the house on the other side of his went up for sale, and it was very nearly purchased by Meatloaf. He didn't know why the sale fell through, but he joked that it would have been pretty odd if he ended up with both Ozzy Osbourne and Meatloaf as next-door-neighbors, since nobody would think of him as living in the house between their houses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12