+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 304
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

  1. #51
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    21,020

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    Great finale can't wait to discuss it.

    The reference to mud wrestling and Paul in a thong cracks me up.
    Moontat, AZChristian and woodiedog like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

  2. #52
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,039

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    One of our PBS stations is two weeks ahead of the other. I had been watching on the slower one, but I just went ahead to the finale. Will have to catch up of the two episodes I missed now that I know the winner.

    I also laughed at that comment about Paul's thong.
    woodiedog likes this.

  3. #53
    Unofficial Nomster Rembrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,264

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    If you guys are talking about the season 6 finale, then I agree, it was a great finale, those showings in the final Showstopper were just magnificent, and the winner truly earned it. It was truly a great finale overall.

    Last night I finished season 1. Not a bad season, but certainly very mild compared to latter seasons, and the show certainly has improved vastly over the years. I also started watching season 4 (about to watch the second episode right as I finish posting this), which peculiarly has 13 contestants, announcing that at any time Mary and Paul deem it necessary, they will eliminate 2 people rather than just 1, so it could well happen in the very first week or all the way up to the semi-final. And this is the season where I've read about there being one contestant that many viewers disliked, and I must say, I'm certainly seeing why this person is disliked.
    woodiedog likes this.

  4. #54
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    21,020

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    If you guys are talking about the season 6 finale, then I agree, it was a great finale, those showings in the final Showstopper were just magnificent, and the winner truly earned it. It was truly a great finale overall.

    Last night I finished season 1. Not a bad season, but certainly very mild compared to latter seasons, and the show certainly has improved vastly over the years. I also started watching season 4 (about to watch the second episode right as I finish posting this), which peculiarly has 13 contestants, announcing that at any time Mary and Paul deem it necessary, they will eliminate 2 people rather than just 1, so it could well happen in the very first week or all the way up to the semi-final. And this is the season where I've read about there being one contestant that many viewers disliked, and I must say, I'm certainly seeing why this person is disliked.
    I think you are talking about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ruby. There was a bit of a scandal that she was Paul's favorite and that he didn't critique her as hard as the others, People were saying they were having a fling until she came out and said she was gay. For me she was a perfectionist and took every thing way too hard but I didn't hate her.
    woodiedog likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

  5. #55
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    547

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    If you guys are talking about the season 6 finale, then I agree, it was a great finale, those showings in the final Showstopper were just magnificent, and the winner truly earned it. It was truly a great finale overall.

    Last night I finished season 1. Not a bad season, but certainly very mild compared to latter seasons, and the show certainly has improved vastly over the years. I also started watching season 4 (about to watch the second episode right as I finish posting this), which peculiarly has 13 contestants, announcing that at any time Mary and Paul deem it necessary, they will eliminate 2 people rather than just 1, so it could well happen in the very first week or all the way up to the semi-final. And this is the season where I've read about there being one contestant that many viewers disliked, and I must say, I'm certainly seeing why this person is disliked.
    This your seasons are different than my seasons thing has me confused. If we are talking about the season with Tamal, et als, i was kind of disappointed in the appearance of their final bakes with maybe the exception how striking Nadiya's flowers were even though they really didn't naturally go with the design.
    woodiedog likes this.

  6. #56
    Unofficial Nomster Rembrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,264

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    This your seasons are different than my seasons thing has me confused. If we are talking about the season with Tamal, et als, i was kind of disappointed in the appearance of their final bakes with maybe the exception how striking Nadiya's flowers were even though they really didn't naturally go with the design.
    Yeah, that's the one I mean. I really loved the look on all three cakes, even if Ian's was a bit simplistic. Nadiya's was superbly elegant, and Tamal's had cool colors and awesome sugar work, which is not easy to pull off.
    woodiedog likes this.

  7. #57
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    547

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Yeah, that's the one I mean. I really loved the look on all three cakes, even if Ian's was a bit simplistic. Nadiya's was superbly elegant, and Tamal's had cool colors and awesome sugar work, which is not easy to pull off.
    It took me awhile to figure out that the green on Ian's bottom cake was representative of the tops of carrots LOL. The thing that threw me off of Nadiya's was the cloth drapes around her platters. I think those would have stood out better without them. Tamal overdid the sugar spinning--it sort of hid the cakes and lowered their presentation value to me at least. Things ended up the way they should have ended up just based on both the episode and the season performances, but I just felt a little underwhelmed by their final bakes.
    woodiedog likes this.

  8. #58
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    21,020

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    It took me awhile to figure out that the green on Ian's bottom cake was representative of the tops of carrots LOL. The thing that threw me off of Nadiya's was the cloth drapes around her platters. I think those would have stood out better without them. Tamal overdid the sugar spinning--it sort of hid the cakes and lowered their presentation value to me at least. Things ended up the way they should have ended up just based on both the episode and the season performances, but I just felt a little underwhelmed by their final bakes.
    I think this is one of those things that look better in person than on TV.
    woodiedog likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

  9. #59
    Unofficial Nomster Rembrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,264

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think you are talking about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ruby. There was a bit of a scandal that she was Paul's favorite and that he didn't critique her as hard as the others, People were saying they were having a fling until she came out and said she was gay. For me she was a perfectionist and took every thing way too hard but I didn't hate her.
    I haven't seen about the not critiquing as hard part, this person did get critiqued fairly so far. What annoys me about this baker is how they're always so moody, negative and constantly pouting. Really annoys me and makess me wish they'd lighten the hell up, it's such a downer.
    woodiedog likes this.

  10. #60
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    21,020

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I haven't seen about the not critiquing as hard part, this person did get critiqued fairly so far. What annoys me about this baker is how they're always so moody, negative and constantly pouting. Really annoys me and makess me wish they'd lighten the hell up, it's such a downer.
    When I watched that season and was only doing one episode a week it didn't bother me and after watching season 1 and 2 on line and season 4, 5 and 6 on PBS I can see that the baking and doing well meant a lot to every baker and they were all emotional about it. That particular baker is very hard on her/himself to the point I do think that person may need to talk to a therapist about not beating oneself up so much. I also am not going to let one person spoil the show for me. I thoroughly enjoy this series and want to watch many more seasons.

    While I luv Paul and Mary and Sue and Mel I may take the lead and try either the Irish or Australian versions.
    woodiedog likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.