+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am up to the semifinal of Season 6 and look forward to next's week finale. It would be nice it PBS would coordinate better how they air the episodes as it rains havoc on those of us who want to discuss them.

I am also looking forward to the finale next Sunday
    (AND, already beginning to stress about how much I'm going miss it in my Sunday line-up ).
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Me too!

This is Number One on my 'Next Binge Watching List'

Y'all seem to really like it and my hubby is an English baker now retired.
    woodiedog likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

You will LOVE it, KTinCT!!!
    I'm Paula.

Just finished watching season 2 today, and binged half of season 1, which is just six episodes, but still. Season 1 is so peculiar when compared to others, it has a male narrator that never returned, double eliminations in the first two episodes, and a couple of the eliminations are kind of odd. I'll watch season 4 afterwards (can't find the full season 3 yet) but I dread that one a bit because apparently it has a contestant in it that many people hate, so I hope for no drama.

I noticed how Netflix changed the fifth season of it just a touch after having added it in there. Netflix calls it The Great British Baking Show rather than the Great British Bake Off, and every season I have seen online so far has segments of Sue and Mel talking to experts and the like about certain bakes related to the theme of the week, and the fifth season in Netflix doesn't have those segments, so they likely cut them out. I admit, I find those segments a mixed bag. I enjoy them as is, but at the same time I wish they'd be their own separate show, as I feel it takes away time from the competitors.
    woodiedog likes this.

I too am having a hard time finding season 3 online, some appears to be a charity thing and episode 4 appears to be the actual season 3 regular show.
    No goat killers on my island.

CCL

I don't know about finding online, but the celebrity charity shows are completely separate, so they don't encompass any part of the regular seasons.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I just started watching the show at the request of my daughter ..... which is why I started watching Project Runway and So You Think You Can Dance. What can I say, the girl has good taste!

I love that no one in Season Three annoyed me. There didn't seem to be the usual snarky, rude, backstabbing contestants that we get with Next Food Network, Top Chef or Project Runway. Perhaps it's edited out, not allowed or perhaps the British are above it all. Whatever the reason, I don't care. It makes it so much more enjoyable.

And I love the hosts ... all 4 of them, with Mr Blue Eyes being my favorite!

I watch with my cellphone or tablet in hand as there are so many things I am unfamiliar with. It's been a learning experience.
    Moontat and woodiedog like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I just started watching the show at the request of my daughter ..... which is why I started watching Project Runway and So You Think You Can Dance. What can I say, the girl has good taste!

I love that no one in Season Three annoyed me. There didn't seem to be the usual snarky, rude, backstabbing contestants that we get with Next Food Network, Top Chef or Project Runway. Perhaps it's edited out, not allowed or perhaps the British are above it all. Whatever the reason, I don't care. It makes it so much more enjoyable.

I watch with my cellphone or tablet in hand as there are so many things I am unfamiliar with. It's been a learning experience.
    I have yet to see a contestant who is rude or a backstabber. It is so refreshing to see that people can compete without getting mean and crude. I love cooking show competitions but I had to stop watching Master Chef because the last few seasons several contestants are real jerks!
    AZChristian and woodiedog like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post

Ah, you mean "The Male Judge".
    woodiedog likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

+ Reply to Thread