+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

I just found holiday baking on demand. It was done in the U.S. But Mary Berry is one of the judges. The host is Maria V from my big fat Greek wedding. The contestants are not quite as skilled as their English counterparts. It also takes place when the leaves are still on the trees and the grass is still green, so I don't quite get the holiday vibe. None the less, it's still fun.

That was a fun U.S. try. Maria and her husband were as close to the British hosts in wit as any other I've seen. If it is done in a white tent on gorgeous grounds, it is a take-off on the British show.
    woodiedog likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Nia Vardalos. Her husband is Ian Gomez, from one of my favorite sitcoms: Cougar Town. I enjoyed their commentary on the show.
    Arielflies and woodiedog like this.

FORT Fogey

Apparently the PBS stations are on different schedules with this show. The one I am watching from Boston yesterday showed the Dessert episode and a different PBS--either Boston or Providence ---were two episodes ahead.
    woodiedog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Apparently the PBS stations are on different schedules with this show. The one I am watching from Boston yesterday showed the Dessert episode and a different PBS--either Boston or Providence ---were two episodes ahead.
    I have the same problem here.
    On Fridays MPT - Maryland Public TV, airs 2 episodes of TGBBO, episode 5: Alternative Ingredients and episode 6: Pastry (I call this one pies)
    On Sunday WETA - the Washington DC public TV station aired episode 5: Alternative Ingredients.

It was fun to see the contestants work with the alternative ingredients. Who knew pita bread was full of psyllium (fiber)?

Episode 1: Cake
    Episode 2: Biscuits
    Episode 3: Desserts
    Episode 4: Bread
    Episode 5: Alternative Ingredients
    Episode 6: Pastry
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-25-2016 at 10:42 AM.
    woodiedog likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

I'm in Austin, TX and the last two weeks, not only has the airing time shifted later, but they've aired 2 episodes each (this last Fri was ep 5 & 6). Luckily, I had my DVR set to record the series, or else I would have missed out.
    woodiedog likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat View Post
    I'm in Austin, TX and the last two weeks, not only has the airing time shifted later, but they've aired 2 episodes each (this last Fri was ep 5 & 6). Luckily, I had my DVR set to record the series, or else I would have missed out.
    Yeah I think we are getting Season 3 on our PBS right now like that
    woodiedog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Please try YouTube you will find it.
    I've searched and can't find a single episode on Youtube, though I did find a site that has seasons 2, 5 and 6. I believe the one available in Youtube is season 5 and I've been binge-watching season 6 a bit, just got finished with the seventh episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I've searched and can't find a single episode on Youtube, though I did find a site that has seasons 2, 5 and 6. I believe the one available in Youtube is season 5 and I've been binge-watching season 6 a bit, just got finished with the seventh episode.
    This url will get you to season 1 episode 1 of The Great British Bake Off on Youtube: https://www.google.com/search?q=yout...utf-8&oe=utf-8

You will see various seasons on the right side thumbnails as well as the Irish and Australian versions.

I finished season 1 and am about halfway done with season 2.
    woodiedog likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    This url will get you to season 1 episode 1 of The Great British Bake Off on Youtube: https://www.google.com/search?q=yout...utf-8&oe=utf-8

You will see various seasons on the right side thumbnails as well as the Irish and Australian versions.

I finished season 1 and am about halfway done with season 2.
    Ooh, thanks for that. And I bungled up, I meant I think the season in Netflix is season 5, has a 17 year old contestant named Martha in it, it's cool to see someone so young competing. Watching season 6, I think it's the one where one episode is focused on Victorian era bakes, the first time they have been done in the show.

+ Reply to Thread