+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 301
Like Tree260Likes

Thread: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

  1. #261
    Kao
    Kao is offline
    Donyale y Dali: OTP Kao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,415

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    I don't even think it would air here. Channel 4 does not have deals with US stations like the BBC/PBS did. However, I have seen some channel 4 shows on Netflix so perhaps it will show up on there?

  2. #262
    CCL
    CCL is offline
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    9,071

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    This article says PBS hasn't decided if they will show the season airing now in the UK in the US. The show was never produced by the BBC (nor is it produced by Channel 4 now) so theoretically the show producers could sell the new season to PBS or another channel if they are willing. Maybe it will show up on Netflix, as Kao suggests. The article also mentions that PBS has plans to air one of the earlier seasons it has nor yet shown in the US, so I guess there is that. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/11/a...king-show.html
    redsox girl likes this.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

  3. #263
    Kao
    Kao is offline
    Donyale y Dali: OTP Kao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,415

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    The second episode aired Tuesday. I really like Noel and Sandy as hosts; they play off each other rather well. It was biscuit week, and almost everyone messed up on the Fortune cookies, lol. The showstoppers were fantastic, however. I'm really enjoying this season so far.

  4. #264
    Kao
    Kao is offline
    Donyale y Dali: OTP Kao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,415

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    Bread Week! I must say they have some really talented bakers this time around, because even the person they sent home had a fantastic looking showstopper; it just wasn't that flavorful. Someone's showstopper ended up looking like a body part *cough* While another made a bread purse that actually looked like a high end bag.

    Is anyone else watching?

  5. #265
    CCL
    CCL is offline
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    9,071

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    Me! I wasn't as impressed by the handbag as everyone else - it looked a bit rough to me. I like him though. Julia is probably my favourite.
    Last edited by CCL; 09-15-2017 at 11:11 PM.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

  6. #266
    FORT Silent GolfGrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,042

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    I think you're just getting a series that aired earlier in Seattle. Biscuits and Bread show on my TV as reruns from last Fall.

  7. #267
    Witching Tales Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Age
    71
    Posts
    27,612

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by GolfGrrl View Post
    I think you're just getting a series that aired earlier in Seattle. Biscuits and Bread show on my TV as reruns from last Fall.
    Kao is watching the new season that will hopefully air in the U.S. next spring or summer. I'm happy to read that the new hosts are doing well and they have quality bakers to judge.
    AZChristian likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  8. #268
    FORT Fogey redsox girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters
    Posts
    5,464

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Bread Week! I must say they have some really talented bakers this time around, because even the person they sent home had a fantastic looking showstopper; it just wasn't that flavorful. Someone's showstopper ended up looking like a body part *cough* While another made a bread purse that actually looked like a high end bag.

    Is anyone else watching?
    Me, I'm new to the show. Not only do I like the way it's played out but I like that everyone is kind even in critiquing. I mean, both of the judges are intimidating, but they aren't there to rip into people , they are there to teach.
    I like that it takes place outdoors. Though, that has caused problems for the bakers because of temperature changes.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

  9. #269
    FORT Fogey redsox girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters
    Posts
    5,464

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    This article says PBS hasn't decided if they will show the season airing now in the UK in the US. The show was never produced by the BBC (nor is it produced by Channel 4 now) so theoretically the show producers could sell the new season to PBS or another channel if they are willing. Maybe it will show up on Netflix, as Kao suggests. The article also mentions that PBS has plans to air one of the earlier seasons it has nor yet shown in the US, so I guess there is that. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/11/a...king-show.html
    Thank you for posting.
    Man, am I out of the loop.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

  10. #270
    Kao
    Kao is offline
    Donyale y Dali: OTP Kao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,415

    Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Me! I wasn't as impressed by the handbag as everyone else - it looked a bit rough to me. I like him though. Julia is probably my favourite.
    Julia is the Bread Queen, lol.

    Such is the power of this show that everyone on it is likable. I'm sad to see people leave this season.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.