+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

CCL

Re: The Great British Baking Show (PBS)

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Nadiya's been doing all sorts of things. Besides baking for the Queen, she's released a cookbook and did a 2 episode show where she goes back to Bangladesh to discover new recipes. I loved her in her season, so I'm happy for her.
    I think Nadiyah has been the most successful at least in terms of media presence. She's probably the most popular winner after all. She has a show on the BBC right now where she travels around the UK showcasing regional food and she will be hosting a family cooking competition show in the Fall on BBC as well.

Most of the winners, and some of the other contestants, end up getting book deals and tv appearances etc. Candice, for example, just had a cookbook come out recently in the UK.
    Last edited by CCL; 08-07-2017 at 05:38 PM.
    Dinahann, agamergirl and woodiedog like this.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    That's the beauty of this show they win an engraved cake plate and the title of winner of that season of The Great British Bake Off.

Afterwards the winners do get wined and dined and offered book deals, many become professional bakers and per The Queen receives birthday cake from Great British Bake Off winner Nadiya Hussain | Daily Mail Online
    I'm afraid I've got to agree with the people that said the cake wasn't worthy of the queen. I'm kind of surprised it looked so bad, considering I know what she can do. To me, it looked unfinished. And it was crooked. Was that on purpose? I really love her so am shocked to see that cake.
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

That cake doesn't impress.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl View Post
    I'm afraid I've got to agree with the people that said the cake wasn't worthy of the queen. I'm kind of surprised it looked so bad, considering I know what she can do. To me, it looked unfinished. And it was crooked. Was that on purpose? I really love her so am shocked to see that cake.
    I don't know if it was the angle or the photo lens but from one angle the cake looks crooked but from another is looks straight.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I don't know if it was the angle or the photo lens but from one angle the cake looks crooked but from another is looks straight.
    Perhaps it was quite lovely in real life.

Maybe it tasted really delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Maybe it tasted really delicious.
    I am sure it did. She wouldn't have won if her baking didn't taste good.

Somewhere, I had read that Andrew won. Imagine my pleasant surprise when Candice was announced the winner. For me, it was a toss up between Jane and Candice. Wish I could have been there to taste some of the final products.

Love this show. Anybody know when the new season (with the new judges) begins?

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Somewhere, I had read that Andrew won. Imagine my pleasant surprise when Candice was announced the winner. For me, it was a toss up between Jane and Candice. Wish I could have been there to taste some of the final products.

Love this show. Anybody know when the new season (with the new judges) begins?
    I have to admit, I was pushing for Jane at first. Then I read a spoiler on accident and I knew who won. I was somewhat surprised as Candice didn't WOW me at the start. I did hope Jane at least made it to the final.
    Last edited by libgirl2; 08-11-2017 at 05:20 PM.
    woodiedog likes this.

FORT Fogey

I was cheering for Andrew but all three bakers were terrific. I caught the final show when a PBS station ran it today. It was exactly as I anticipated when I read about the huge list of items to be baked. It was just too much to be done. I hope they don't continue with that if we are lucky enough to get the new version of the show here in America.
    woodiedog likes this.

+ Reply to Thread