+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Eastcoastmom
  • 1 Post By harleyswife
  • 1 Post By Eastcoastmom

Thread: Love At First Kiss (TLC)

Love At First Kiss (TLC)

This appears to be one of the strangest shows I've ever heard of. I've seen the previews. Not sure if I will watch or not. It may be entertaining or a little sickening. lol I can't see it lasting very long.

This Season On Love At First Kiss | TLC Presents | TLC

I did once fall in love after one kiss. Sometimes, that can cause a spark. And if the kiss is bad....forget it. I don't think you can move past that.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Love At First Kiss (TLC)

I've seen a few episodes of this show. I don't know what to make of it. It's from the same folks who produce The Bachelor franchise. Some of the folks who come on this show are delusional and have such high standards. Like the girl Marie, from last night's episode. She was from NJ and I got the impression she thought very highly of herself. I mean, yes, it's good to be self-confident but she seemed conceited. And 3 men who came in to kiss her all were rebuffed and she refused to kiss them. They were polite but after each left the room, they all said the same thing. It's a kissing show. I didn't know there was an option not to kiss.

Well, the main reason I wanted to post here was that last night, a contestant from The Bachelor appeared. Erica Rose, the infamous Tiara girl from Prince Lorenzo's season was on the show as an 'amateur kissing coach.' I kid you not. Anyway, she looked very nice, maybe has lost a few pounds. The one gentleman she helped was a sweet, sweet man. At age 27, he had never ever kissed a girl/woman. Believe it or not. He wasn't hideous looking or anything, but I guess he was just super shy. Well, Erica Rose helped him by telling him what he should do and then even let him kiss her several times. He actually improved and his confidence was boosted. The first 2 gals he kissed prior to the lesson did not have any interest in getting to know him better either on the 2 minute speed date or an actual date. But then, after the lesson, the 3rd gal really really liked him. She said the kiss was very good, showed up for the speed date and then they made plans to go on an actual date. You got to see the date. He brought her flowers and was so sweet. He was so hopeful and said maybe this could be his first actual relationship, or who knows, maybe even his wife. I got a little misty eyed for him.

Good job, Erica Rose.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

This show is disgusting.
    zelda likes this.

ECM-Was that the dark haired guy? I watched the first episode and I want to say he went back a 2nd time in the first episode or maybe it was previews for the 2nd episode. But in other previews I think he was with a 3rd girl! lol! I find the show interesting, because you do need chemistry in a relationship and someone you might not think is your type might knock your socks off with a kiss!
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    ECM-Was that the dark haired guy? I watched the first episode and I want to say he went back a 2nd time in the first episode or maybe it was previews for the 2nd episode. But in other previews I think he was with a 3rd girl! lol! I find the show interesting, because you do need chemistry in a relationship and someone you might not think is your type might knock your socks off with a kiss!
    karna, yes, he was dark-haired and dark-complexion. Perhaps of Indian descent? And the gal that he hit it off with was the 3rd one. I haven't seen any more episodes. I just happened to tune in one night.
    karna68 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

It's a really strange show. I find myself watching it with my finger on the ff button --- fast-forwarding through most of the show. The only reason I'm watching at all is that every once in a while there's a cute couple who I find myself rooting for.

Whenever this show starts to come on....I just feel a little queezy. I can't watch it. lol I know, I'm the one who started this thread.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Whenever this show starts to come on....I just feel a little queezy. I can't watch it. lol I know, I'm the one who started this thread.
    I felt the exact same way, but it kind of grows on you. I have little interest in the couples who make no connection at all, but the ones that get past the 'speed date' onto the 'real' date are much more interesting to watch.

This show has a very bizarre concept, but it's not as bad as I feared it would be.

It's not on my DVR list but I don't think the show is so bad. Catch as catch can, it makes me laugh. Haven't been disgusted yet.

You guys must not have lived through the seventies

+ Reply to Thread