+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Million Dollar Matchmaker on WEtv

FORT Fogey

Million Dollar Matchmaker on WEtv

I don't know if anyone is interested, but Patti Stanger of "Millionaire Matchmaker" that aired on Bravo will be back on Friday with a slightly different show name and on a different network. The first show will air July 8. Supposedly she will bring back some of her old clients (I think Hello Kitty girl will be back yet again, ugh) as well as new ones, and Destin and Rachel will be back, too. I enjoyed her previous show. I don't know why I enjoyed it, but I did ... maybe because I like people who tell it like it is. She pulled no punches with the clients, although I didn't like her yelling and cursing at them. Looking forward to seeing if there's a "new" more subdued Patti on her new network.

Patti Stanger returns in July with 'Million Dollar Matchmaker' on WEtv | EW.com
    KTinCT likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Re: Million Dollar Matchmaker on WEtv

If anything the show will be more of a train wreck...look at what network it's going to aired.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    If anything the show will be more of a train wreck...look at what network it's going to aired.
    I don't think I've ever watched WEtv before, so I don't know anything about the network. I thought it was just programming geared toward women...but now that I look at the onscreen guide, I see a bunch of Roseanne and CSI reruns interspersed with paid programming.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I love matchmaking shows, and I like Patti when she's toned down --- but that's almost never. If only she wasn't so rude and crude to her clients. If only she wasn't so obnoxious and critical. And arrogant. Oh well, I'll check in to see what the new show is like, but I'm not holding out much hope. [sigh]

FORT Fogey

I've always wondered what the difference is between what we see her doing on the show as a matchmaker and how she works with actual clients off-screen. Surely she can't yell at, rudely criticize, and curse out her paying customers and stay in business! However, I have to admit that were it not for her over-the-top personality, the show wouldn't be as much fun to watch. On another note, I guess she is no longer engaged to that guy we saw last season ... or is that old news? I like when the clients challenge her credibility by asking her why *she* isn't married!
    KTinCT and Imperfect1 like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I've always wondered what the difference is between what we see her doing on the show as a matchmaker and how she works with actual clients off-screen. Surely she can't yell at, rudely criticize, and curse out her paying customers and stay in business! However, I have to admit that were it not for her over-the-top personality, the show wouldn't be as much fun to watch. On another note, I guess she is no longer engaged to that guy we saw last season ... or is that old news? I like when the clients challenge her credibility by asking her why *she* isn't married!
    LOL, AlwaysVeg! No she isn't she engaged any more as of approximately 6 months ago (I think), but last week on WWHL she said that now she's going ON LINE to one of the DATING SITES to find a boyfriend for HERSELF!!! Being a "PROFESSIONAL" (super elite matchmaker who only works with million dollar clients) I couldn't believe that she's doing that, and even more so, I couldn't believe that she's ADMITTING that to the public!!!
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    LOL, AlwaysVeg! No she isn't she engaged any more as of approximately 6 months ago (I think), but last week on WWHL she said that now she's going ON LINE to one of the DATING SITES to find a boyfriend for HERSELF!!! Being a "PROFESSIONAL" (super elite matchmaker who only works with million dollar clients) I couldn't believe that she's doing that, and even more so, I couldn't believe that she's ADMITTING that to the public!!!
    Supposedly that's how she met her previous fiancÚ ... on an ordinary dating site!! Maybe that just goes to show the true character and caliber of men in her "millionaire club" ... that she can't find even one for herself!
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.

I may check it out. I think I'm over that show though. I really think that a huge remake might work better. Perhaps something that is more comprehensive, focuses on just one person and isn't geared to comedy skits. I just wonder if the same old, same old is too much. To me, Patty comes off much more authentic when she's in an interview being more natural.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Thank you AlwaysVeg for posting this! I hate to admit it, but I am looking forward to MM being on again. Interesting that Destin and Rachel are supposed to be on the show again as it seemed like maybe they didn't leave
    on the best of terms? Sometimes Patty is way too blunt and crass but she does remind me a lot of a friend of mine who loves matchmaking and is also blunt (but not crass).
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

I'll be interested to see the difference (if any) between this version of the show and the one that ran on Bravo. Let's see if she was asked to tone down the yelling and cussing! Also interested in the latest version of her cosmetic procedures.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast