+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Million Dollar Matchmaker on WEtv

FORT Fogey

Re: Million Dollar Matchmaker on WEtv

Millionaire Scott was 46 years old like I'm the Queen of England. I think he has the two numbers turned around. I'm glad he chose Melanie because it would have been easy for him to choose the more sexually aggressive woman, so I think that says a lot about his character.

On the other hand, I was shocked that Farrah (whom I'd never seen or heard of before this) was 23 years old. She looked like 35 or 40 with too much plastic surgery. Neither of the dates Patti chose for her seemed like keepers to me.
    Punkin and karna68 like this.

The last episode was awful and the next one looks even worse. Where does she get these people? It's pretty obvious why they can't find a mate. Except the first two guys, most of these people are living in lala land.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

This new version of her popular Bravo channel show is awful. Patti continues to be an outspoken, in your face matchmaker but other than that it is a cheap, scripted rip off. She had a good formula on the Bravo show but this one ain't cuttin' it. One thing that is missing is the post script after the show where there is an update on what happened to the couples after the taping. I'm not watching it anymore...it sucks. I'll catch up on Orange is the New Black instead.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksave1052 View Post
    This new version of her popular Bravo channel show is awful. Patti continues to be an outspoken, in your face matchmaker but other than that it is a cheap, scripted rip off. She had a good formula on the Bravo show but this one ain't cuttin' it. One thing that is missing is the post script after the show where there is an update on what happened to the couples after the taping. I'm not watching it anymore...it sucks. I'll catch up on Orange is the New Black instead.
    Probably the reason is that very few if any of these "matches" last beyond the show, so it would be obvious to everyone that either Patti is not the matchmaker extraordinaire she thinks she is, or that it's only a fixup for purposes of the episode and not anything with lasting potential.
    KTinCT and Imperfect1 like this.

Has anyone seen the last episode? I guess opposites do attract but . . . ??? I think the show has just "jumped the shark".
    Punkin and AlwaysVeg like this.

IMO, it jumped the shark long a couple of years prior to Bravo cancelling the series.
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.

FORT Fanatic

I miss the updates also re: whether or not the couple is still dating.

I would like to see more "typical" people on the show versus someone like Neon with the blue & purple hair and all the tattoos, etc. Just my personal preference. Patti could also do a lot less cursing. I've always liked dating shows but this one could use improvement.

I initially wrote on here that I thought the hotel wasn't so bad, when people were saying it wasn't any top-notch resort. I looked more closely after that, and I agree, it is less "posh" than they are making it out to be.
    annemik likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by annemik View Post
    Has anyone seen the last episode? I guess opposites do attract but . . . ??? I think the show has just "jumped the shark".
    "Jumped the shark" is right! Patti's great matchmaking instincts brought those two completely MISmatched people together?! And she really believes they could have a lasting relationship? Each of them is a temporary novelty to the other, but they try to make Patti look like a genius for her "intuition." Is that guy really going to bring her to his conservative business social events? Is she going to feel like she fits in and is accepted there? Are their lifestyles compatible in any way?

I pretty much can't stand this show anymore with the new format. It's completely phony and not even fun to watch anymore. Patti isn't making matches for potential long-term relationships. She's just doing fixups for a possible date at the end after the two "check out" together.
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.

I'd say Love at First Kiss has a better chance of making a match than this show. LOL!!
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

At the end of the most recent episode, they did show on the screen that the millionaire guy and the woman he chose were still dating after four months ... so that just goes to show that the producers including Patti regard four months of dating as so unusual and impressive that they had to make a point of displaying it for all to see.

Besides that, I had a problem accepting that the guy really had such a complete and miraculous personality transformation as a result of being tossed out by Patti that he came back an entirely different person after just a day or so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast