+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Million Dollar Matchmaker on WEtv

FORT Fogey

Re: Million Dollar Matchmaker on WEtv

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I happened to run across a little of one episode. I was curious so I watched just a bit. I was surprised to see Dustin and Rachel. It seems like they haven't grown much. I have always wondered how they expect to be treated like professionals, but it hasn't changed. They just turn me off. So sad that Dustin and Rachel were so close and lost contact suddenly for no real reason. ODD and probably not true. I may check it out later or maybe not. Are Dustin and Rachel going to be continuing guests?
    We'll be seeing more of them because Patti, after having a mini-meltdown about how they left her and giving them the middle finger, then rehired them. I really have to admit I don't like the new version of this show.
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.

Oh no. I don't think I will be watching. They seem to be stuck.

I broke down and watched the second episode. It is strange how she matches them now. She picks the two for their dates and they choose one or the other. They used to have the mixer, brief chats, and the client chose from a group. I don't care about her two former employees coming back. It looked like a set-up to me and kind of stupid. I certainly wouldn't hire someone who suddenly left my employ, set up a competitive firm, and then begged to come back (and I don't know any employer who would). As far as the two this week. I thought the guy was cute. Yeah, he did have a silly sense of humor, but I can't imagine he'd need a matchmaker to get a date (I would have dated him). As for the strange, strange woman with the Arab prince obsession. Lady didn't you know that Muslim women in the Arab world are worth nothing. She needs more than dating help. She needs a good shrink.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by annemik View Post
    I broke down and watched the second episode. It is strange how she matches them now. She picks the two for their dates and they choose one or the other. They used to have the mixer, brief chats, and the client chose from a group. I don't care about her two former employees coming back. It looked like a set-up to me and kind of stupid. I certainly wouldn't hire someone who suddenly left my employ, set up a competitive firm, and then begged to come back (and I don't know any employer who would). As far as the two this week. I thought the guy was cute. Yeah, he did have a silly sense of humor, but I can't imagine he'd need a matchmaker to get a date (I would have dated him). As for the strange, strange woman with the Arab prince obsession. Lady didn't you know that Muslim women in the Arab world are worth nothing. She needs more than dating help. She needs a good shrink.
    I'm willing to bet that her wealth had a lot to do with that younger man "choosing" her after she chose him (another new feature of the show ... the "pick" gets to either show up at the door or not after the date, while Patti jumps up and down like a 6-year-old on Christmas morning). She was attractive, but there are tons of gorgeous younger women in LA, so what was so fascinating about her, besides money? He looked like a golddigger to me, or maybe he needs a good shrink, too.

FORT Fogey

If anyone is interested in what happened with Destin and Rachel after they left the Bravo show, it looks like they wanted to do some other things, and they did (so that leaves the question: Why come back?)....
    Fans: What Happened to Destin and Rachel, Millionaire Matchmaker?

I once saw a link to the matchmaker company they established, but can't find it now. (If I wanted to hire a matchmaker, walked in and saw those two, I would turn around and leave.) Also read that they started a jewelry and clothing line. They must have been offered a lot of money to return, or else all their enterprises were failing.

I have found one thing I like about this new season. Having the client go on the same date with each of the daters is a much more realistic and fair way to compare the two. In the past season I always wondered whether or not some of them liked the date better than the dater, or vice versa.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    I have found one thing I like about this new season. Having the client go on the same date with each of the daters is a much more realistic and fair way to compare the two. In the past season I always wondered whether or not some of them liked the date better than the dater, or vice versa.
    Good point, and in the past, it was up to the dater to plan the date, and then Patti would yell at them for planning something she though inappropriate! Now it seems Patti is planning the date, and the dater just shows up there.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    If anyone is interested in what happened with Destin and Rachel after they left the Bravo show, it looks like they wanted to do some other things, and they did (so that leaves the question: Why come back?)....
    Fans: What Happened to Destin and Rachel, Millionaire Matchmaker?

I once saw a link to the matchmaker company they established, but can't find it now. (If I wanted to hire a matchmaker, walked in and saw those two, I would turn around and leave.) Also read that they started a jewelry and clothing line. They must have been offered a lot of money to return, or else all their enterprises were failing.
    If they just decided to go into other business ventures, then why not send a letter of your intent to your employer, instead of just disappearing without a word? And then not speaking for over a year? Patty didn't even feel comfortable calling him when her mom died. That's pretty severe. Makes no sense to me. I never saw much from either one of them and prefer the new assistant that Patty has. She seems competent and professional. OH, that photo of Rachel and Destin is really good. Much better than I have ever seen them look.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fanatic

I watched about 20 minutes of the show last night and will finish watching tomorrow. I had to laugh when Patti held up the sign and the word receive was spelled wrong. Lol! Getting back to the first meeting of Patti and Destin and Rachel it's odd that she didnt ask how Sin (their child) is doing and oh, it looks like Sin is going to be a big brother. That meeting seemed very staged.

Ah the Farrah episode, the only one I'll be watching. First of all, Farrah, lay off the procedures! Girl can barely move her mouth! And the boobs I think Patti did a pretty did a pretty good job of knocking her down a peg. I feel sorry for the guy she picked, once he sees her true colors and her interaction with her family I'm sure he'll run.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast