+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hildi's flowered bathroom???!!!

FORT Newbie

Hildi's flowered bathroom???!!!

Hi Everyone!
    I am so glad I found this board because I have had so much to say about these designers and rooms!! For my first posting, I would like to ask if anyone saw last saturday, Hildi's flowered bathroom? (I am not sure how to post a picture??) I was agast! : What could this women possibly be thinking? The flowers would collect dust like crazy and be IMPOSSIBLE to clean and if the people would try to remove them, they would have to put in new walls, she used a nail gun, not a staple gun and that completely ruins the existing wall. What really peeves me off is most of these designers are just looking for the drastic change for television and ruin the rooms when they are finished. I feel like they don't use the form and function rule which is crutial to designing a space.

I am not a fan of Hildi or her artwork she leaves behind. It is truly horrible. On the same night, did anyone catch Doug's theme Martini bar???? I don't think I even want to get started on what the heck happened with that space?????

I don't want to be too negative, I appreciate Vern and his professionalism and feel like he is a huge asset to the show. I also feel like Ty and Amy are fantastic carpenders, however, Ty plays to the camera a little too much!

The issue I had with Hilde's room is that it was a poor choice for a makeover in the first place.
    I don't want to defend her choice, which I thought was ridiculous, but with all that grey tiling she was limited in what she could do to effect a change.

I don;t like the fact TS often chooses to makeover large rooms that are already reasonably well decorated. I much prefer "problem" rooms (e.g. the kitchen Vern desinged that needed the extra storage - he put the black and white cushion on a curtain rod to act as back supports for a bench).
    That to me poses a challenge to the designer.

Hilde choosing to cover the wall in flowers was ludicrous imo.
    The couple will have to do some major repairs to their walls just to get them back to the state they were in before Hilde started.
    We do have a thread about this buried somewhere here from when the show was first aired.
    I think I pointd out at the time that repairs, if possible would be vast and costly. Not something the regular Mr Fixit could do, you'd have to get a drywall contractor in and even then it might well be a case of replacing all the untiled sections of the walls.

Mind blowing that she would choose such a ridiculous thing to do.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Since when did Trading Spaces start doing bathrooms?

Question #1: What was Hilde smoking when she came up with *that* concept?
    Question #2: Where can I get some?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Don't know and don't know I'm afraid.

This was the first bathroom they've ever done foob.
    I think they generally like to use rooms that are about 14 ft x 14ft and most people don't have anything near that size of bathroom.

We need a follow up on this makeover to see how quickly they changed it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread