+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree248Likes

Thread: My 600 Pound Life (TLC)

Re: My 600 Pound Life (TLC)

I don't watch this one, I just follow the comments here. It's part of my reminder to keep myself in shape and as independent as I can be. Quality of life flows from that too.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    She did get the surgery and had lost some weight. She had therapy. I think they had kicked the parents out of the house or it was that her and her BF found a new place. he proposed. She was more active and I think that helped. I felt bad for her, her parents were awful. I wish her luck.
    She definitely needed to break from her parents, but she kept saying she wanted her kids to have a better life & not be abused like her, however she sent them back to OH with her parents. So they'll be raised by the same mom who hated on & abused her as a child, & the drug addicted father. How is that setting them up for a better life than she has had?

That was crazy.
    zelda likes this.

Holy Mother of God. This episode is horrifying. I wish I hadn't eaten dinner. I feel sick.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Which one? (I DVR them.) I'll be sure not to watch it, haha!

I turned it on but went back to what I was watching.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I was actually yelling (albeit not that loud) at the TV. Why was he screaming for Chinese, specifically fried rice? Why was/is his girlfriend such a freakin' enabler? What is wrong with these people? Even with Dr. Now basically telling the enablers they are KILLING their loved ones, they still bring them lousy food choices! Insanity.

I guess I am a b**** because when we're dining out, I have no problem with letting DH know to not load up on that extra piece of bread before the entree's arrive. Jeesh.
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

FORT Fogey

I'm going to say the politically incorrect thing. If people are on public assistance and can't "handle" free choice, they should be made to live in institutional care: barracks for sleeping (no "morbidly obese" adjustable hospital beds with video games, Internet, and remote control for cable TV allowed), common dining areas with a healthy menu (no choice), jobs and chores to perform (which will get them moving), and no free cashola or private cars for deliveries or drive-thrus (if you want a snack, here's an apple, and there's the bus that doesn't stop at Hardee's). GED study and career training provided; if they want better (autonomy), they can do better. At some point the country is going to go bankrupt from the sheer stupidity of its citizenry.
    Last edited by sketcher; 03-16-2017 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    I'm going to say the politically incorrect thing. If people are on public assistance and can't "handle" free choice, they should be made to live in institutional care: barracks for sleeping (no "morbidly obese" adjustable hospital beds with video games, Internet, and remote control for cable TV allowed), common dining areas with a healthy menu (no choice), jobs and chores to perform (which will get them moving), and no free cashola or private cars for deliveries or drive-thrus (if you want a snack, here's an apple, and there's the bus that doesn't stop at Hardee's). GED study and career training provided; if they want better (autonomy), they can do better. At some point the country is going to go bankrupt from the sheer stupidity of its citizenry.
    I have to agree to an extent. I said it before, if they need therapy get it to them (most of these people really do have horrible issues), but get them away from the enablers, get them somewhere that doesn't give them the choice of fried rice or pizza. We put people in drug treatment facilities why not with food? I would rather in the short term pay for them to get better, than pay for them to lay in bed, eat and play videogames on my dollar.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

"Therapy" (which is also hella expensive) won't fix stupid; sorry!

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I have to agree to an extent. I said it before, if they need therapy get it to them (most of these people really do have horrible issues), but get them away from the enablers, get them somewhere that doesn't give them the choice of fried rice or pizza. We put people in drug treatment facilities why not with food? I would rather in the short term pay for them to get better, than pay for them to lay in bed, eat and play videogames on my dollar.
    But James had no idea of what real issues were. It's sad that his mother was an alcoholic who died suddenly, and this his house burned down. But he was old enough to have worked through all that. But we saw how exaggerated he was in his response to things. He couldn't go see Dr. Now because their tire was wobbly on the car, and he was so stressed out about it?

If they could figure out how to have food delivered, they could have figured out how to get to Dr. Now. Dr. Now probably would have ordered an ambulance, and they would have qualified for it because he was under Dr. Now's care. Others on this show have had to use ambulances to get to the doctor.

Folks on the other reality board I frequent have even checked online for James' obituary. It's not there yet, but it probably won't be long.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread