+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Outdaughtered - TLC

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Outdaughtered - TLC

Just catching the first episode of this new series. A couple with one young (4-year-old) daughter has the first set of all girl quintuplets in the U.S. It looks like it could be an interesting show; they seem very real.

Please, TLC, these people seem rally nice. Do not turn them into the Gosselins, the Roloffs, and/or either Brown family.
    FlyAKite, tinderbox and tapper01 like this.
    FoRT friend you are most likely to meet up with, wherever you live!
    So far: Jezebella, Punkin, Momrek06, Ellen, JLuvs, Pikachu, Cornholio
    Working on: Everybody else!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Outdaughtered - TLC

Cute show. I'm exhausted just watching them taking care of all those babies!

Their older little girl, Blake, is just the cutest/sweetest thing. Bet it was really hard for her to adjust to all the time and attention the babies were getting, when, until they were born, she was the only one.
    AZChristian likes this.

I LOVE this family ! When they needed to run out to the grocery and both the husband and wife wanted to go was hilarious. When they did rock,paper,scissors to see who won the right to leave is adorable. So refreshing to have a couple have good and bad moments but yet don't result in name calling or yelling.

For them to try to focus individual attention to their older daughter really shows that even though they are exhausted they are paying attention to all members of the family.

I agree with AZChristian please don't let the camera turn this family into more fodder for the tabloids to exploit. I hope they can stay strong as a family unit and don't let the cameras become more important than each other.
    Imperfect1 and AZChristian like this.

I watched several episodes of this show this weekend. I really like the characters, but man.....it sure seems concerning to me. They didn't really seem to have a plan of care for the babies. When one had to be hospitalized, his parents drove from out of town to stay with the babies that were at home. I thought that maybe the mother's mother was overreacting, but she's right. You can't go on indefinitely without sleep. I think the parent's expectations are very unrealistic. I suppose this was filmed some time ago. I wonder how things are going now. I hope that TLC was able to hire them some help. It didn't seem like a good situation at all.

The mother said that their nearest family member lived a 2 hour drive away. It sounded like dad had a pretty good job in the town they lived in, so moving may not have been an option. Aren't there groups that help people like them? I found it difficult to enjoy watching due to their struggle.

I, too, thought it odd that this family seems to have no support system to help with the babies. They had weeks after the babies were born to prepare for the inevitable time when Dad had to go back to work. I know if any acquaintance of mine or neighbor had twins, triplets, etc. I'd volunteer to help in any way I could, and I know many others would too. It may be a lot of work, but a lot of joy for the volunteers to help as well. If the family has any church affiliation, oftentimes those people come to the rescue with offers of time, food prep, errands, etc. We all remember the McCaughey sextuplets family whose children now just graduated from high school and the various shifts people offered them when they were newborns. It's hard to understand why this family has no one. Those babies are adorable.

I would think that a church group or someone associated with their neighborhood or doctor's office would have arranged something. To me, it's just not safe to have one person to care for that many preemies. And then operating 24/7? It's not realistic, IMO.

And the scene where mother had to pack up 5 babies to take the older daughter to pre-school. ???? WHAT? That made no sense. I'm sure someone would have been able to transport that one child instead of packing up 5 infants by yourself. So bizarre.

I've been reading a little push back from viewers who are not so receptive to parent's who have multiple births and then need help with them. For example, expecting your family to drop their plans to help you care for kids that you aren't able to handle for yourself or your friends to take off work to help you with your responsibility. I suppose, if it's once in a while, but every week, it might get old. When people go through fertility, I suppose they know the risk involved and what if you do end up with 5 or 6 babies. I do wonder if they fully understand what it means.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Hopefully, now that the family is receiving payment for being on tv, they're able to hire some help for child care (and perhaps some household duties). I know that I sure would!!!

Yes, I hope that they are now able to provide the children adequate care. I know the theme of the show is, "how are we going to take care of all these kids," but, they really do need to have some help on that and not be so ill equipped. They are nice people, but I do wonder why they were selected. I don't see that they are that outstanding. Perhaps, I've seen too many reality shows about people with a lot of children.

Ok so I am confused on the whole child care issue. Am I dreaming but wasn't it just 2 episodes ago and her sister had worked out a volunteer schedule ? People could select which area to volunteer in and then pick a time period. Is this just another manufactured reality tv show problem since they seemed to solve it weeks ago ??

The schedule didn't work.

The wife wants to move back home to be near family, who would dive in to help; the husband has a good job that might make him even more money so they could afford a larger house in TX. With that conflict, I think the show is now over, at least I didn't see any previews.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast