+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Outdaughtered - TLC

Re: Outdaughtered - TLC

The TTouching LLittle CChildren network seems to be making another kHate G type show exploiting another set of kids that will have major issues like the poor G kids.
    redsox girl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanne View Post
    Danielle and Adam are definitely a Type B and Type A personalities. Adam's type A tries to do and control everything while the more he does the more Danielle doesn't have to do and worry about.

This can be a real threat to a marriage. It's so easy for B to allow A to do everything and worry about everything. A's doing it but resentful of B getting to enjoy the sunshine.

They need some counseling now early on before it all goes South.
    I don't think it's so cut and dried. Danielle was the one who pushed for a bigger house than Adam thought they could afford. She was also the one who pushed for the gym ownership. So I'd say she is as equally responsible in their decisions.
    And I think Danielle and her sisters expect a lot of childcare from their mother. Especially last year. That was nuts! When they all went on vacay and it seemed as though Danielle was expecting Grandma to do a lot of care. But she was on vacation too.
    All that being said it seems to me they are all close and pitch in to help each other out. I never watch Kate plus 8 but Adam and Danielle do impress me. I couldn't do it lol.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I'm watching the advancement of Hurricane Harvey and hoping and praying the Busbys be safe and their home survive the winds and flooding. Hopefully they've evacuated to a safer location.

Quote Originally Posted by annifran View Post
    I'm watching the advancement of Hurricane Harvey and hoping and praying the Busbys be safe and their home survive the winds and flooding. Hopefully they've evacuated to a safer location.
    I'll be honest.... I have no idea where League City, TX is (I'd better check). I, too, hope they are ok. The rest of their extended family, too.

League City on the map is between Houston and galveston. Right now, the hurricane maps show the eastern edge of the hurricane hitting their area.

Hurricane Weather in League City, TX

Information on hurricanes in League City.

FORT Fogey

I've never watched this one (I waste enough time watching TLC as it is, and babies bore me), but have just noticed from catching some of the commercials that the father seems REALLY effeminate? He pings my gaydar. I know that's how guys are these days (or at least how they're portrayed in the media), but now he's suffering from an episode of depression -- and sorry, social engineers, but only WOMEN can experience post-partum depression; it's hormonal -- or identity crisis or something as well? Makes me wonder if he'll be "coming out" soon or perhaps they're gearing up for a transsexual story line like "All About Jazz." You know how this network loves its crossover shows. Anyone else, or is it just me?
    Last edited by sketcher; 08-28-2017 at 01:08 PM.
    Jupiter likes this.

From the League City TX website:
    The City of League City is working on issues related to rising flood waters across our city. Over the last 24 hours we have received in excess of 24 inches of rain and anticipate more over the next few days. Due to this extended weather event, all non-emergency city services are closed until further notice.
    Closures include: City Hall, Permitting and Building Inspections, Helen Hall Library, Hometown Heroes Park, Johnnie Arolfo Civic Center and all other City parks.

At this time our potable water is safe to drink and has not been impacted.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    I've never watched this one (I waste enough time watching TLC as it is, and babies bore me), but have just noticed from catching some of the commercials that the father seems REALLY effeminate? He pings my gaydar. I know that's how guys are these days (or at least how they're portrayed in the media), but now he's suffering from an episode of depression -- and sorry, social engineers, but only WOMEN can experience post-partum depression; it's hormonal -- or identity crisis or something as well? Makes me wonder if he'll be "coming out" soon or perhaps they're gearing up for a transsexual story line like "All About Jazz." You know how this network loves its crossover shows. Anyone else, or is it just me?
    Yeh...I thought the same thing about him. I'm probably going to get in trouble here...but he's kind of prissy and sure as hell is a whiner. About the depression thing...please don't think I am in any way minimizing this. I have lived with anxiety and depression my whole life. I know the toll it can take on anyone. Adam has been obstinate as the dickens about the whole thing. He talked to a pastor. Then he actually met a man on line who is supposedly also a pastor who counsels men with the same issues as Adam. This guy only had 2 kids...and he was depressed. Danielle and Adam had her sisters keep all the kids while they flew to Nashville to meet with Mr. Pastor/Counsellor of depressed guys with kids. I actually think it was a let's get alone time for Danielle and Adam....nothing wrong with that...but call it what it is please. They met up for dinner with Pastor/Counsellor man and his wife and oo'ed and ah'ed over their similarities. The moment the Pastor/Counsellor guy suggested Adam seek professional help, everything screeched to a halt. Adam talked about seeing people as weak and whiney who couldn't solve their problems. Really Adam??? Geeesh. Anyway...Adam agonized over his decision and finally agreed to seek professional help. He hummed and hah'ed and whined to Danielle. Good Lord you would think someone told him he was dying with terminal cancer. He saw a therapist who asked him several questions....which clearly made Adam uncomfortable and I don't believe the idea of meds was approached yet. If it is..he'll probably have kittens.

AGAIN....I am not mocking people with depression/anxiety. I have taken meds for many many years for this. I don't see the need to call this Postpartum Depression. From my point of view, anyone who suddenly brings home 5 infants...for a grand total of 6 kids....requiring space..vehicles and all the baby stuff you can imagine....formula, diapers, etc etc...plus giving each kid TIME....who wouldn't be depressed??!! The guy whines incessantly. One of the girls had some eye surgery and eventually needed glasses. You'dve thought they were going to take her damned eye ball out. It's no one's fault...it just happened. Put it down for God's sake.

Another thing...these folks don't appear to be short of money on any level. They bought a new home that's huge. Some of their family has a swimming pool. They travel..eat out...buy this and buy that. They've also invested in a cycling studio with some other couples. It's supposed to bring in the kids college money. We'll see.

Twitter and Facebook defend him right and left. You'd think the guy should get a medal of honor. I started once to subtly make a point about all the drama and decided against. Being skewered on social media for your opinion is not fun.

I love watching the kids. As far as I'm concerned they could just turn the camera on the babies and tell Adam to shut the hell up, and polly perky Danielle too, although she is more palatable then him. Sorry for the rant...I kind of like the show for all the kids..but Adam is on my last nerve...gay or not.
    Kao and libgirl2 like this.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

FORT Fogey

I still wonder if the depression angle isn't leading up to some kind of transgender storyline (Jazz is said to suffer from it, as well; her gender change is supposed to help it).
    Jupiter likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast