+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Outdaughtered - TLC

FORT Fanatic

Re: Outdaughtered - TLC

Overall I like this couple; they seem down to earth. I do find it odd though that they keep saying if the cycling gym works out "it will ensure their children's future" -- what about if it doesn't? Very risky.

The finance person was saying they had to set aside all this money now for college. Yes, it's a good idea to set aside some money, but the woman could have also mentioned the potential for financial aid.

I wonder how much money this family is paid to be on the show? I also wonder how much the news show paid for them to fly to NYC. To fly all those people there, put them up in hotels, ship portable cribs, etc. -- must have cost a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    Overall I like this couple; they seem down to earth. I do find it odd though that they keep saying if the cycling gym works out "it will ensure their children's future" -- what about if it doesn't? Very risky.

The finance person was saying they had to set aside all this money now for college. Yes, it's a good idea to set aside some money, but the woman could have also mentioned the potential for financial aid.

I wonder how much money this family is paid to be on the show? I also wonder how much the news show paid for them to fly to NYC. To fly all those people there, put them up in hotels, ship portable cribs, etc. -- must have cost a LOT.
    Count the commercials when this show is airing. That pays for lots of trips, hotels and nannies. I noticed the rooms were small and not the best NY has to offer. The eats were so so. I think the trip was kind of low budget plus a lot of these places give freely to the show for the advertisement. The tour bus, the tour boat and all the sightseeing was probably given to the show. So all in all maybe just the plane and hotel rooms the show picked up.

Does anybody happen to know if the show has been picked up for another season?

^^
    No word yet on renewal or cancel. Now that they're all developing personalities, I'm so hoping for a renewal!
    tinderbox likes this.
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

Seems I saw a short clip on this family. Wonder if they get another season?

Found this clip. Maybe. ‘OutDaughtered’ Season 3: The Busby Family Posts Updated Pictures Of The Quints, But No Premiere Date Yet

Wow! The kids have really grown.

I liked this show and am anxiously awaiting for the debut date of the new season.

Kao

Watched the first new show out of curiousity and I think it will be my last time. The messes. The crying. They went to visit someone named Mimi, and those kids were opening doors, climbing into drawers, running into different rooms...and Mom's just standing there like it's a-ok to let them wander like that. One of them even managed to lock themselves in a closet. That would have been the first and last time they would be invited to my house. Dad works late every night, so poor mom is the one feeding, bathing, playing with the children and getting them ready for bed, and the only help she has is her oldest daughter, who is just a child herself. That poor child deserves all the hugs and cookies in the world.

Then it was Valentine's day and Dad promised he would get off work early to celebrate. So Mom takes all 6 kids to the grocery store and gets cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries, candles, and other things. Gets home, feeds and bathes the kids, and stops them from tearing up the house. Gets them to bed, orders a nice steak dinner for 2, puts on a nice dress, and waits. 2 hours later, she's fuming, and calls him. Apparently, there was an office meeting, and he couldn't be bothered to txt her and let her know. By the time he gets home, the food is cold and she's pissed. Maybe this was a bad way to get introduced to these people, but it left a real bad taste in my mouth.
    Mrs. Hanson likes this.

I love this show. Most people's lives are messy and aren't perfect. I'm glad to see they don't "sugar coat" it just for TV.

Mimi is the grandma and the house was empty because she hadn't moved in yet. I'm pretty sure Mimi didn't mind the kids running about the house. No one was hurt or injured and nothing was broken. With 6 kids 5 and under...I would say that's a good day.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Newbie

I love it, too! Such a cute, loving couple, adorable babies & I love Mimi, as well.

I have both the countdown to this season & the first epi of this season (from 7/11) on my DVR. I haven't watched them yet, but will be watching all epis. I never watch any live TV, other than news, because I like like being able to FF thru commercials & like to binge watch some shows.
    I've been to the puppet show and seen the strings.

I think everybody loves Mimi with her idiocracy because her daughters love her. They are like a lot of kids they just don't know what to do with her. Mimi does things the kids don't agree with but they surely love their mom.
    What happened with her house? Did she ever sell it?

I think Danielle would love to have Mimi's help with the kids but I think Adam has had enough. He wants his privacy but really he's gone too much to help so I wish Mimi could be there more often.

BTW what happened to that Gym deal they were putting money into last season?

FORT Newbie

Maybe we'll hear more about the gym in upcoming episodes. They seemed pretty serious about it. I don't remember, did they actually finalize a deal on the space they were looking at, last season? My memory is that they didn't, but I'm a senior citizen so my memory gets worse with each passing day.
    jeanne likes this.
    I've been to the puppet show and seen the strings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast