+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Outdaughtered - TLC

Re: Outdaughtered - TLC

They bought the house they looked at. I don't see why they just didn't put the rock n plays in the bedroom instead of using the cribs for a while..... or get pack n plays with the bassinets; those are much smaller than the cribs. They probably did the TLC show just to be able to help afford things like housing and stuff for the babies. I don't think Adam is going to quit his job any time soon like Jon and Kate. I looked at their FB page and their blog and they seem really down to earth.

Is anyone still watching this show? I'm enjoying watching the quintuplets growing and the difficulties in raising six small children. The most recent show has me wondering why the mother Danielle is so enthusiastic about investing $100,000 in opening a new cycling/exercise business with two other couples, which would mean not only having to mortgage their home to raise the money but both of them having to spend time working in the business. The father already has a full-time job. How could this even be possible with the full plate they already have? I see it challenging for them to obtain enough customers in a brand new business to keep up with the expenses. Undoubtedly one or more of the six owners will become overwhelmed and walk away with the business subsequently folding. This might be something feasible when the children are all in school but highly unlikely to succeed with such young children who need 24/7 care.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Haven't seen this episode, but have read about it online.

I'm terrified that this show is following the usual TLC pattern. Take people who have a passle of kids and exploit them. I hope I'm wrong.
    I'm Paula.

Danielle and Adam seem like a nice enough couple. I think the show is trying to guide them away from all the Kate hoopla. BTW she's back again. Geeez.

Danielle seems to not have a care in the world. Kids eating with forks and painting with pointed brushes and a huge round coffee table right where they plan. I would go crazy worrying. But she seems very chill with the babies and a good wife and mom.

Sometimes Adam, with his purchases, seems a child himself but he really loves those babies and helps out all the time. It's probably hard to be the only male with seven women...wait til they are teens. Wowser

Mimi is great. I hope she finds a job and gets a nice, comfortable place to call her own.

When I first watched, it seemed that the parents had little planning skills and didn't think things through at all. That frustrates me.

I know they have an older daughter that attends school. Can someone remind me the circumstances of how they ended up with 5 little babies.

Quote Originally Posted by annifran View Post
    Is anyone still watching this show? I'm enjoying watching the quintuplets growing and the difficulties in raising six small children. The most recent show has me wondering why the mother Danielle is so enthusiastic about investing $100,000 in opening a new cycling/exercise business with two other couples, which would mean not only having to mortgage their home to raise the money but both of them having to spend time working in the business. The father already has a full-time job. How could this even be possible with the full plate they already have? I see it challenging for them to obtain enough customers in a brand new business to keep up with the expenses. Undoubtedly one or more of the six owners will become overwhelmed and walk away with the business subsequently folding. This might be something feasible when the children are all in school but highly unlikely to succeed with such young children who need 24/7 care.
    I really like this show, but I wondered about the investment too. It's great if it works, but it doesn't really seem like she is appreciating the risk. From the previews it looks like they talk to someone next week which is good. The preview showed her telling them that at least 50% of new ventures fail in the first year. Glad someone is giving them that honest information. With 6 kids you really can't afford to be wrong!

I like the show, but their parenting skills kill me. Letting the babies eat their snack right off the carpet had me ready to pull my hair out. And when they went on "vacation" making the Grandma sleep with the babies instead of giving her their room was so selfish. Danielle gave Adam such a hard time for buying that drone, then turns around and wants to invest $100,000 on a business that's probably gonna fail within 6mo. one bad decision after another.
    tinderbox and jenniferboston1 like this.

I have watch just last week's show, finally succumbing to all the promo videos I've see. I can appreciate all the reviews I've read here, but as a parent imagining five of what I had, I say whatever works and iat's all day to day for that family. And God bless their older daughter for her helpfulness; I hope she gets at least one huge hug each day and from many different relatives.
    tinderbox and JustJuls like this.
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

I have to admit Adam and Blayke's daddy/daughter tea party date melted my heart. I'm so glad they take time out for one on one (and 2 on 1) time with her.
    tinderbox likes this.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I was a little puzzled by last night's show where Danielle said they noticed on the trip to New York City that Hazel was squinting with her right eye after having had surgery on the left eye. I noticed this squinting the night the family went Trick or Treating when Hazel was dressed in her bright green turtle costume. It bothered me as several shows were on after that with Hazel squinting and no mention of such. How could they possibly have not seen this when they are with her 24/7? Whatever is going on, I wish her well and so happy to read the show has been renewed for a third season, albeit their seasons are very short.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast