+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Single Dad Seeking...

Single Dad Seeking...

Anyone watching this new TLC series?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Single Dad Seeking...

I'm watching! I was very pleasantly surprised by the 1st episode and I really enjoyed it! I was especially charmed by Mike and his adorable little son Mikey! And I really liked the connection he and Valene made. I have high hopes for them.

For anyone who's not familiar with this new show, below is some info from TLC plus some great videos, pics, and interviews with the dads here: Meet the Dads of "Single Dad Seeking" on TLC

(By the way, so far (in Episode 1) we've just been introduced to 2 of the 5 couples: Mike and Valene and Jake and Ami. You can still catch a rerun of Episode 1 this Saturday afternoon, May 21st, and it's probably available on TLC's website.):

SINGLE DAD SEEKING (TLC - Sundays)

"Single Dad Seeking follows 5 single fathers working hard to raise their kids, but they each feel that a critical piece of their family is missing. These dedicated dads are searching to find not only love in their lives, but also a woman willing to love their children.

Enter 5 women, each without children of her own, seeking her happily ever after with a responsible, caring man. In addition to finding love, these women sincerely want to be mothers. None of them have found the opportunity--until now.

These single dads and women have dated via phone calls, video chat, text and email and think they've found a match. But none of these singles have met in person. Could they be a match made in heaven? Maybe...

They are now ready to take the next step, moving in together for a trial run to see if it is meant to be, kids and all! Yet dropping into an already existing family has its hurdles. Moms aren't made overnight and parenting isn't for everyone.

From awkward first meetings to steamy first dates, from adventures in babysitting to dealing with teen angst, these couples might feel they have gotten into more than they've bargained for. Building relationships is hard and takes a lot of work... but when kids are involved, these dads must find a way to strike the delicate balance between fatherhood and finding love.

The series will follow these single dads throughout their journeys:

Mike
    Mike was born and raised in New Jersey. He works as a roofer and resides in Orlando with his son Mikey. Mike is hoping that he will find that special someone in Valene. She is originally from New Jersey and has always wanted to have at least one child.

Jake
    Jake was born and raised in Utah along with his 12 brothers and sisters. He has three children and works in construction. Jake is hoping to make it work with Ami, a high school science teacher from Fort Lee New Jersey.

Jason
    Jason was born and raised in Indiana where he raises his two teenage daughters. He is a public defender with an edge who loves metal music, art and reading. Jason is looking for a connection with Sara, a video game tester, who is originally from Connecticut.

Paul
    Paul was born and raised in the South. He works in retail to support his four children. Paul is hopeful things will work out with Kallie. She was born and raised in North Carolina and is one of triplets.

John
    John was born and raised in Kentucky where his family still lives. He works as a mechanical engineer and loves motorcycles and weight lifting. He currently lives in Indiana with his son Elijah. John is hoping that Denise, a nurse and equally enthusiastic fitness fanatic, is the perfect match."
    KTinCT likes this.

Thanks for posting all of that great info!

I would love, love, love to know some spoilers...
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I Wasn't able to see the first episode but I caught the second one. I enjoyed it and added it to my DVR to be sure I don't miss anymore episodes!

FORT Fan

Oh boy, I am fighting my gay-dar with a couple of these guys. Mike is a cutie, but I feel like Valene is posing for the cameras. She has zero connection with Mikey, but is way hot for daddy. I am just groaning at what a wuss Jake is---could he be any worse?

FORT Fan

Poor Ami--all that way from the East Coast for Jake who stays out all night (trying to figure himself out??) on the third day you are there. Run!
    Imperfect1 likes this.

My gay-dar is pinging, too!
    KathyinMaine likes this.

I'm with ya on the gay-dar! Perhaps that's why Jake stayed out all night...jk!
    KTinCT likes this.

(Thanks for the names, Imperfect.)

Can't say that I'm invested in any of them yet. Not much for hope for any of them either - except maaaaaybeee Jason and Sara.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Valene strikes me as vain, immature and selfish. It's not anything she said, exactly, other than pretending to be more enthusiastic about Mikey than she really was. But her coquettishness and high school-level crush behavior was offputting. He, on the other hand, seems a lot more authentic and caring. No way will Valene stand for being second to a child.
    KTinCT and BostonMom like this.
    "Totalitarianism demands, in fact, the continuous alteration of the past, and in the long run probably demands a disbelief in the very existence of objective truth." — George Orwell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast