+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: American Grit (Thursdays on FOX)

American Grit (Thursdays on FOX)

Been watching this since the premiere, which was last week. Interesting to civilians doing military-based exercises. Thought the grey team was built to self-destruct, and the team leader's decisions haven't helped. Green team doing well is really nice to see; seems to prove having a good leader makes a huge difference.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Re: American Grit (Thursdays on FOX)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Grit

American Grit is an American reality television series filmed at the foothills of Mt. Rainier in Eatonville, Washington that premiered on Fox on April 14, 2016.[2] The series stars WWE Superstar John Cena.[3] Fox has ordered 10 episodes of the competition series.[3][4]

Sixteen men and women are split into four teams. Challenges are given to each team, and a $1 million prize will be awarded to the winning team.
    To clarify there will be four finalists who will each win $250,000. If a team leader picks a team carefully enough and coaches them and mentors them well enough the four remaining players will be all the same team and that team indead will have won a million dollars.

Day One - two irritating people, on Team Tee, the silver or grey team it is Chris the trainer to the stars. Ouch arrogant, lousy personality. On red team you have Maria, the no excuses mom, arrogant and full of excuses and very abrasive.

Episode 1 - Ruck Up - Team Noah wins. The rest of the teams have to sent in a player for the elimination Obstacle Course and Endurance Challenge. Chris loses. Yes.

Episode 2 - Iced Cubed - Team Noah wins. Maria is injured and I hear lots of excuses from the no excuses mom. Her team mate Kara Joy is also injuried but goes into the Obstacle Course and Endurance Challenge. Brooke from Team Tee collapses and is eliminated.

I really hate it that John Cena says who ever loses the Obstacle Course and Endurance Challenge is a quiter. They are not quiters their bodies gave out and they simply could not do the challenge any longer.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm not a fan of the way the show fetishizes the military or its personnel, or the show's idea of toughness; like you, I also don't like the idea of calling the people who lose the Circus "quitters" unless they gave up voluntarily, because the things they're doing in there clearly have nothing to do with one's "heart", like the most recent episode where the eliminated contestant's body shut down and she basically fainted.
    Revenge is ice cream.

The person I think is a quitter would be no excuses mom, Maria Kang, who basically said she didn't want to be sent into the Obstacle Course and Endurance Challenge but would be OK with going home cause she is injured and misses her kids. She has also thrown her teammates under the bus two episodes in a row in regards to who goes to the Obstacle Course and Endurance Challenge.
    HaikenEdge likes this.

I saw a little of this show. I called my brother to tell him about it. He and his wife have gotten into racing/obstacle course competitions. They've been traveling around the state competing and I thought they might check it out. The prize of a million sounds awesome.

We've been watching from the beginning too... it's something different and we are enjoying it so far. Can't believe the arrogance of Chris Krueger "trainer to the stars" - hoping they paid him to act that way for the drama! He also looks so familiar - was he a bachelor contestant or on some other show?

I like a lot of the contestants though!

If American Grit has another season, it would be a fun one for a pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    We've been watching from the beginning too... it's something different and we are enjoying it so far. Can't believe the arrogance of Chris Krueger "trainer to the stars" - hoping they paid him to act that way for the drama! He also looks so familiar - was he a bachelor contestant or on some other show?

I like a lot of the contestants though!

If American Grit has another season, it would be a fun one for a pool.

I was on Chris's Facebook page today and according to him it was all editing and that he can't reveal all as he can't per the talent contract he signed. He also ended by saying that they left alot of his life on the editing room floor and that the show was exploiting American veterans and he also implied that John Cena uses Steroids.

https://www.facebook.com/ChrisKruege...64491850285998

Facts that a Scumbag Hollywood producer left out of the first episode of American Grit.
    I was born at Madigan Army Medical Center on Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
    My father served 20 Years in the United States Military.
    My dad died when I was 18, He had a military funeral and his ashes are interned at a National Cemetery.
    My all-time favorite American is Army Ranger Pat Tillman.
    My hometown is Tacoma, WA. It’s less than 30 miles from the “wilderness” where American Grit was shot. I spent most of my life there.
    I perpetually confess to have have very little talent at anything, especially athletics.
    My football team awarded me the RYFP award my senior year as the player that did the most to “Reach Your (my) Full-Potential. It’s generally given to a player with minimal talent, but excellent work ethic.
    I was one signature away from joining the US Marine Corps and shipping out for Officer Candidates School in Quantico, VA. My transcripts were approved, my letters of recommendation were submitted, I passed the basic physical, I scored high on the physical fitness test, and the ASVAB. It all came down to my flight physical. It turns out I’m too color blind to be a Marine Corps Aviator.
    Since I started my youtube channel I’ve been helping US military members with their fitness and combat readiness for free and corresponding with them directly in Iraq and Afghanistan via email.
    In 2009 I injured my back at work, herniating my L4 and L5. I gained 50 pounds during the injury.

When I say, “the average person is fat, weak, slow, and stupid,” the context is that our lives are distorted by corporate greed, misinformation, broken institutions, and domesticated living. The average person actually is fat, weak, slow, and ignorant to how they are being poisoned by the purveyors of everything from cereal to soda. The work I do everyday is promoting simple and easy strategies so that we can all be healthy, happy, lean, and strong. My central hypothesis is that humans are the best animal. Our DNA codes all of us to be fit, strong, fast, and smart, but to realize this potential we must remove the distortions.

I’m grateful to Tee and everyone of our service men and women for the sacrifices they make. I would never question her ability to lead Marines or the sacrifices she has made for our country. During our "scene" I wanted to be open and honest with her. The terms of my contract with the show prevent me from elaborating, but I’m sure people would have vastly different opinions if they saw ALL the raw footage from Episode 1.

My confidence in my ability came from studying BUD/s 234 on Youtube and diligently preparing for all the obstacles that Seal prospects face. During my preparation, I overcame my fear of swimming beyond the waves. When I left for filming, I was able to swim for miles in the ocean without a wetsuit (in November). I could hold my breath for 3 minutes underwater. I could tread water in the open ocean for 6 minutes with my hands out of the water. I could effortlessly run for miles and I had the stamina for hundreds of push-ups, dips, pull-ups, and crunches.
    I was expecting something like BUD/S 234 when I showed up for filming. Instead I got a mash-up of Survivor and Big Brother.

I’ve been using “Captains of Crush” grip trainers for over a year. My right hand is still a lot stronger than my left hand. This is an interesting fact, if you were to ever see all the raw footage from the first circus. Again, I can't say anymore per the wording of my contract with the show.

My wife is a beautiful Latina. She was pregnant with our first child during the filming of American Grit, interesting that my wife, daughter, and even my dog (a great dane, named Buttercup) were left on the editing room floor.

Just some facts. Here’s a question: If someone told you a professional athlete, beloved by the military was a hosting a television show, would you expect a real athlete or an Actor/Pro Wrestler with a cartoonish bodybuilding physique and a lifetime of steroid use under his (WWE Heavyweight Championship) belt?

Finally here’s a thought: Let’s stop exploiting our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen (and women) and Marines for TV Ratings. Instead let's start truly supporting them. Our veterans are certainly not getting the care they need through the VA. Isn’t it time that our fighting men and women had access to the same gold-plated healthcare that we bestow on our congresspeople? Wouldn't that be the ultimate sign of respect?
    Best,
    CK.
    It's a sign of arrogance when you see all the back handed comments. Bitter much? Oh and you used your right hand in the last part of the endurance challenge not your left. Maybe if you focused on yourself instead of making faces and trying to psych out your opponents a small woman and a 53 yr old police officer you would have lasted longer.

They can't edit what you don't give them.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-26-2016 at 01:27 AM.
    Cornholio and LuckyMom like this.

While he does sound bitter, it really wouldn't surprise me if Cena turned out to be a roider; every time he gets injured, he returns several months faster than what the medical community says is normal for that injury, so either he's Wolverine, or he's using something to help with his recovery and steroids are known to improve healing times.

I mean, I still think he acted like a jackass, but I already voiced my thought on his disagreements with Tee, and I do think he was made out to be the villain in the first episode on purpose. He's not factually wrong in some things, but it's not something people want to hear.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Episode 3 - Moving Camp

Army wins again.

I noticed that if you watch the previews carefully you can see who is going into the circus next week.

I find it interesting that supposedly the grey, red and blue teams are tired of army winning and it looks as if they are trying to sabotage them somehow. I think army is winning through a combination of luck, the coach picked a really compatible group of people, they listen to the coach and they are communicating well with each other and not being "egos". The other teams will do better if they start doing some of what army is doing instead of trying to sabotage them.

I think it also helps that Noah, the green team's coach (I'm not going to call them Army, since red team is also led by an Army veteran in Army Ranger Nick Irving) has less ego than the other coaches and seems to have the mindset of doing things right, rather than just fast. Would love to just see his team remain completely intact all the way through to the end of the season.
    Bearcata and Cornholio like this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast