+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: American Grit (Thursdays on FOX)

Re: American Grit (Thursdays on FOX)

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    I don't know why the first season was better. I guess it was more serious somehow. Most of these contestants come across as spoiled whiny babies. Especially Hannah, Alison and Gigi. The competitions seem less military. The cadres have less integrity. I don't know what it is, it's just less serious this season and more soapy... the cadres and the competitors this season just do not command respect the way last season's did.
    I agree. The elimination challenges were much more intense and challenging. I wonder if there were insurance risks that came into play. I remember one lady getting close to being very ill after submerging herself into freezing water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cornholio likes this.
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

Season 2 Episode 7 - "Role Reversal" - July 23, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Grit#Season_2

This week's challenge looks nearly identical to the last Elimination Challenge in that there is a 45 slope with water running down it and a handle at the top, but this time, the Cadre are the ones who will participate. Grady wins the challenge and his team selects Richard, Alison, and Chris for the Elimination Challenge. In this challenge, three floating balls are under ropes, and the contestants must balance on the balls while using the ropes to prevent floating away. The first one to drop will be eliminated. Richard falls quickly and is sent home.

ELIMINATED: Richard Mallard
    Richard being eliminated was no great loss, he is like a lot of guys I know he talks the talk but does not walk the walk.

Chris and Alison are tougher then they look.

This season is really lame.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 2 Episode 8 - "Shady Grady" - July 30, 2017

For this week's Team Challenge there is a rotating set of four basketball hoops on one end of a court, a pile of colored balls on another, and large bungee cords in the middle. The contestants must run with the bungee attached to them to grab a ball then shoot it into an opponent's colored basket. The first three teams that have five balls in their baskets will go to elimination, which this week is another double elimination. Alison secures the win for Team Chloe. By default, Carla is sent to elimination while Allison selects George and Herman. In this challenge, the competitors are harnessed to an underwater pulley system which supports a box that holds 50% of each competitor's weight. They must hold on to a rope while in the water to support the box. The first two competitors to let go will both be eliminated. Carla drops out first, eliminating Team Riki altogether. After over 50 minutes, George loses his grip and is eliminated.

ELIMINATED: Carla Mireles and George Foreman IV
    I liked the team challenge and it was fun to see Carla and Alison with the help of the Blue Team eliminate the Green Team, then C & A eliminate the Blue Team and then Alison eliminate Carla.

Double elimination. Team Yellow Captain is upset that Team Red Captain Chloe sent in Herman and George into the elimination against Carla. Hey if I have a chance to eliminate a strong player I will why would I want to keep one around for the finale. Seriously does anyone think Hannah or Gigi have a chance to win this thing? Next week is a two hour finale so that might mean it is really episode 9 & 10 airing one after the other and with 6 players left that makes sense. They will have another double or triple elimination or more. Do they want a 2 person finale, a 3 person finale or a 4 person finale? I personally would like all the weaker players to make it to the finale as it would be an even playing field as opposed to having several strong players like Herman and Michael in the mix with the weaker players. The casting from the very beginning seemed kinda lopsided.

This Sunday, August 6, 2017 will be the finale and they will air episode 9 and 10 back to back. I won't be surprised if there is another double elimination in episode 9 as I can't see them going into a finale with 5 players, they may even do another elimination in episode 10 but we will see.

They are repeating the finale (eps 9 & 10) this coming Saturday.

Wow, no comments on the winner. Guess that indicates level of interest in this show.

Season Episode 9 - "Cena Says" - August 6, 2017

With Riki's team being eliminated, Riki becomes the first-ever Cadre to ring out. Cena visits the contestants and shares with them a story with details about his life. For the Team Challenge, Cena quizzes the contestants about details of his story, and they must slide down a ramp into a mud pit to grab a tile with the correct answer, then return it to the start. The first team with four correct answers is safe from another double elimination. Team Grady wins the challenge. All members of the other teams must compete in the Elimination Challenge. This challenge has the contestants balance a weighted ball on a shelf while also balancing themselves on an unstable platform. After ten minutes, they must transition to another platform that is more unstable. The first two contestants to drop their balls will be eliminated. After about 36 minutes, Alison drops her ball, thus also eliminating Team Chloe. A few minutes later, Chris drops his ball and is also eliminated.

ELIMINATED: Alison Kempkey and Chris Edom
    I liked that Alison immediately picked up on that John Cena had an ulterior motive for "hanging out" with the groups. I did think it was unfair that Alison was competiting against a team of two and a team of three, she was going to get tired faster. If she had just gotten one more question answered she would have been safe and potentially would have been able to send the two male Green Team members into elimination against Chris/Blue Team. Considering Alison dislocated her finger during the challenge she did very well during the elimination to the point I thought she might win especially considering her competition: Hannah and Chris. That Hannah (cries at everything) won the elimination is amazing. So it looks as if it will be Team Blue/Hannah vs Team Green/Michael, Hermann, and Gigi for the finale.

Some of the earlier elimination challenges did seem geared to more the males but this balance challenge was gender neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfGrrl View Post
    Wow, no comments on the winner. Guess that indicates level of interest in this show.
    Nah, just waiting for the wiki write up before posting.

Season 2 Episode 10 - "Who's Got Grit?" - August 6, 2017

Cena tells the remaining contestants that they are now competing as individuals and their Cadre can no longer assist them. In the first challenge, the contestants have a puzzle where every piece is the face of a former contestant, and they must put them in the order that they were eliminated. Michael solves the puzzle first, and he gets to choose two other people to compete with him in the finals. He chooses Hannah and Gigi to move on, thus eliminating Herman.

ELIMINATED: Herman Brar

For the final challenge, the contestants are suspended over the lake while holding on to a crossbar. They will be quizzed on facts that occurred during the course of the season, and must answer them by releasing either their left or right hand. Getting a wrong answer results in a penalty of holding the bar with one hand for three minutes. The last competitor to hold on will be the winner. After over an hour, Hannah loses her grip and is eliminated in third place. After over two hours, Cena runs out of trivia questions and forces the two contestants to hold on with one hand for the remainder. Michael loses his grip and is eliminated, making Gigi the winner of season two of American Grit and the $250,000 prize.

ELIMINATED: Hannah Koen
    RUNNER-UP: Michael Wilson Morgan
    WINNER: Gigi Gustin
    Glad to see there will be another challenge to pare down the final 4 to a final 3. While Michael/Green Team won the picture challenge, he was really torn between doing what was best for the Green Team vs himself. I liked that they said they now need to play as individuals. My first thought is get rid of Hermann as he is the biggest physical threat and I would kick myself if I didn't win because I didn't send him home when I had the chance. What surprised me during the advice session from the cadre leaders is that Grady pushed for Michael to keep the Green Team together while the other cadre members told Michael to get rid of Hermann resulting in a heated argument between the team leads. I did find it a tad hypocritical when after Michael chose Hermann to be eliminated that Grady said yeah, it was the the smart move. Then why was Grady such an a$$ about keeping the Green Team together for the finale?

At this point I was thinking Hannah had a good chance of winning and I was kinda rooting for her just so no one from Green Team would win. After Hannah's elimination I thought for such Michael would win as Gigi comes across as the weakest player in the entire cast. I was impressed that they were up in the air for over two hours, I think closer to 3 or 4 as questions were initially asked every 20 minutes. Especially when Gigi answered some of the questions wrong and had to hold on at least 3 times with one hand. Wow! Gigi won. I don't think anyone watching this show from the very beginning would have predicted that Gigi would have won anything thing and that she was incredibly lucky that Grady chose her for the Green Team. Hope she learns to spend her money wisely else it will be all gone soon.

As a summer show season 1 was OK but needed improvements. As a reality TV show season 2 was AWFUL and they need to revamp their premise and redesign some of the challenges.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678