+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: American Grit (Thursdays on FOX)

Re: American Grit (Thursdays on FOX)

I know he could probably kill me, but holy hell do I want to stick a boot up Burk's rear end.
    Revenge is ice cream.

This is out of order:

Season 2 Episode 2 - "Cena Does the Dishes" - June 18, 2017

per wiki:

The four teams must complete a relay race where they must pass through a gate and get a flag then plant the flags at the finish line. In addition, when a gate is reached, one of the team members must complete a task of either putting on a shock collar, drinking a liquefied alligator tail, or stripping naked. Team Burk wins the race, but Cena tells them they will not be immune unless the fourth member who did not complete a task has their head shaved. Melanie agrees to have her head shaved and thus Team Burk wins immunity and Burk gets to choose one member of the other three teams for the Elimination Challenge. He chooses Nathalie, George, and Gill. The Elimination Challenge has the contestants hold a bar while standing inside a frame suspended over the lake. Every 15 minutes, the frame will be tilted forward. The first person to drop will be eliminated. Nathalie drops out first, ending her day.

ELIMINATED: Nathalie Martin
    I do find it annoying that the team challenge is done so early in the episode and then they basically waste 45 minutes in the middle and the last 5 minutes are focused on the elimination challenge.
    No goat killers on my island.

per wiki:

Season 2 Episode 4 - "Secrets Are Revealed" - July 2, 2017

Cena advises the contestants that this week will have a double elimination. The Team Challenge has the members tethered together at the waist by a rope and they must complete a muddy race through a swamp. Team Grady wins the challenge, but Hannah from Team Burke is injured. She receives medical attention and is okay the next day. Grady selects Carla, Shermon, and Will for the Elimination Challenge. This challenge has the contestants balance on a platform while holding a ball over their heads suspended over the lake. When the ball is let go, it will swing into a bell to signal the elimination of that contestant. After an hour, Will loses control of the ball and is eliminated. After three hours, Shermon loses control of the ball and is also eliminated.

ELIMINATED: Will Westwater and Shermon Braithwaite
    Seeing Hannah freak out over spraining her wrist and two fingers and then go totally loopy on pain meds is interesting as well ad deeply disturbing. I feel as this woman is worse then a baby in regards in not being able to handle anything. How did she survive to 23. Who wants to deal with someone this needy and who is this high maintenance in regards to being an emotional mess.

I felt the challenge was a bit lame and simplistic and favored the physically fit green team. It is really sad to see the Red Team drag Janessa and the Yellow Team drag Richard who simply is not even remotely physically able to do this course, however he should be as I have seen the folks on Biggest Loser do tougher challenges and they weight more then Richard does.

Green Team Leader Grady accomplished what he set out to do and that is eliminated two strong competitors making it even easier for the Green Team to dominate the competition.

If George Foremen IV was so eager to make a name for himself apart from his famous father why did he even reveal who is father was? Did he miss the fawning of his fathers many fans? That's what it kinda looks like.
    Cornholio likes this.

Best quote from episode 4 "Is that a leech on my testicles?"

Season 2 Episode 5 - "Camp Love" - July 9, 2017

Watched the team challenge. Red wins. First loss for Team Green. Thought it incredibly stupid for Team Red and Team Blue to chose the Love option of the event, I would have chosen Power, and used it to break up Team Green. Suck it up people, you are that weak that you can't do without a love one visit, it's not as if you are on Survivor, of that it is the end of the world, you have been gone what 2 weeks from home. What a bunch of wusses.

Skipped the middle and watched the elimination challenge. The drama is so bad this season vs season 1.

Season 2 Episode 6 - "Selfish vs. Selfless" - July 16, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Grit#Season_2

Cena tells the Cadre that they will not be beside their team for the challenge. The challenge tasks each individual to pick whether they would choose to do something for the team (worth more points) or something for him/her (worth less points). Team Burk wins and also gets the reward to steal someone from another team, while Carla secures a safety which grants her one week free of elimination. Chris, having won the reward for his team, takes George from Grady's team. Burk sends Janessa, Scarlett, and Herman to the Elimination Challenge, which is a double elimination this week. The challenge is to hold on to an outcrop on a 45 slope with water running down it. Scarlett slides into the water and has to ring out, while an hour later, Janessa does too. Cena then reveals if all of one Cadre's team has rung out, the Cadre too must ring out.

ELIMINATED: Scarlett Angelina and Janessa Morgan
    This has to be the best episode of the season as there was action through most of it and not the challenge in the very beginning and 40 plus minutes of boredom and then 10 minutes of the elimination challenge.

Carla is clearly not liked in this series, maybe it's because she only dates guys who make a 6 figure salary and buy her stuff. mmm...I do believe a person who does that is normally referred to as a whore.

The challenge was an interesting one and I am glad the Blue Team won. I was worried that the Burk would be stupid and not use the reward, which was to take away another team's player and in this case they took George from the Green Team. Grady was a bastard in the way he tried to control the game by saying no matter who is picked to leave his team that person will not participate in the challenge causing Blue to lose and then Grady (assuming Green would win) would then pick off another Blue team member to go into elimination. He almost got Blue to back down. Grady is definitely shady and almost too clever to the point he looks as if he would do this sneaky stuff in real life and consider it a win.

I don't know Alison and from what I have seen on the show she does not come across that sneaky or conniving. On the other hand I know a lot of ladies like Janessa who always accuse someone of setting them up and by talking about it long and hard convince everyone else that that person is guilty. That is what I see on the show, whenever Janessa has a bad hand it is always Alison's fault. So who is really the shady one.

If the ladies had been fitter, I do believe they might have had a chance against Herman in that endurance challenge.
    Cornholio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Grady is definitely shady and almost too clever to the point he looks as if he would do this sneaky stuff in real life and consider it a win.
    Dude was a green beret, so I don't really have a problem with this; all he's really doing is bringing the asymmetrical warfare idea to the competition, because, let's face it, special operations is basically shady/sneaky stuff half or more of the time anyways.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    Dude was a green beret, so I don't really have a problem with this; all he's really doing is bringing the asymmetrical warfare idea to the competition, because, let's face it, special operations is basically shady/sneaky stuff half or more of the time anyways.
    There is shady and there is shady. This level of competition does not approach the level of warfare Grady dealt with when he was on active duty. It's stupid and dumb of him in this context and makes him look like an idiot.
    sclilred1 and Cornholio like this.

Really starting to feel like this show's jump the shark.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I don't know why the first season was better. I guess it was more serious somehow. Most of these contestants come across as spoiled whiny babies. Especially Hannah, Alison and Gigi. The competitions seem less military. The cadres have less integrity. I don't know what it is, it's just less serious this season and more soapy... the cadres and the competitors this season just do not command respect the way last season's did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567