+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: American Grit (Thursdays on FOX)

Re: American Grit (Thursdays on FOX)

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    God, I despise Rorke.
    Why?
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 1 Episode 7 - "Dawn Patrol" - May 26, 2016

Yes, I was OK with Blue Team being lost in the woods. Why, oh, why does everyone think it is easiest to go in a straight line in the woods, it is not. Army was smart to use the road. Red's belly aching is getting on my nerves. Instead of constantly complaining that army is winning look to yourselves to improve as a team. I did not like the way red and blue teams were conspiring to undermine Tony. But it was an eye opener that people do do that. Still as a former professional athlete Tony has probably experienced worse.

Why is it the Team Leads always seem to throw the women into a challenge against men twice their size. It does look to me as if they are subconsciously, on purpose keeping their strongest players out of the Circus.

This week we didn't see who was going into the circus but we know for next week. Tony,Blue and Army and it looks as if it is the last Army female ... interesting how Noah is keeping his two strongest guys with him again. Just saying.

I am glad that Red Team Leader Nick noticed that Cam is scared of the circus and that he was pushing for KJoy to go instead of him.

3 more episodes to go.

Ep 8 to air on June 2. 9 people are left. One will be eliminated so there will be 8 left. Will there be free for all at the end.

Ep 9 & 10 to air on June 9.

Season 1 Episode 8 - "Barricade the Bunker" - June 2, 2016

Tony won the evolution and finally gets to sit out a circus. Man needs the rest. He also won a visit from a family member which he graciously gave up to Haze who hasn't seen her father in 3 months. I cry foul as a think Haze is a spoiled pouty baby.

Cam was eliminated from the circus. I was hoping it would be him.

Mark from Team Noah and Goldie from Team Roarke are now automatically going into the finale.

Therefore David and Clare from Team Noah will compete in episode 9's evolution.

Haze and Maria from Team Roarke will compete in episode 9's evolution.

Jim from Team Nick will compete in episode 9's evolution.

Tony from Team Tee will compete in episode 9's evolution.

8 folks left, 2 episodes to go, 4 winners.
    HaikenEdge and Cornholio like this.

I was hoping it would be Cam too. Usually you can tell by the set up who it will be. This time, when they announced that Cam would be going, he said "Every Circus needs a clown and this one has C-A-M," and it just fell flat... you could tell they were setting it up that he wasn't taking it seriously enough and he deserved to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    I was hoping it would be Cam too. Usually you can tell by the set up who it will be. This time, when they announced that Cam would be going, he said "Every Circus needs a clown and this one has C-A-M," and it just fell flat... you could tell they were setting it up that he wasn't taking it seriously enough and he deserved to go home.
    Talk about an AWKWARD moment.
    Cornholio likes this.

Season 1 Episode 9 - "Tired Out" - June 9, 2016

The main reason I root for Team Noah is that every other team bellyaches how unfair it is that Team Noah wins all the time and how they need to bring them down. If the other teams put all the name calling negativity into focusing on their own team and working as a team they would all do better.

Jim from Team Reaper/Nick/Red clearly states he is OK with no other teammates holding him back and yet I do believe he is the last person to finish this evolution. Tony wins and Mario/Blue, Jim/Red and David/Green get thrown into the circus. David comes in last so must start a vertical ladder climb. He smart as he has a minute to complete the climb before he has to push a button and that gives him a chance to rest although the other cadre members are yelling at him to push the button. The men complete 92 revolutions/climbs. During that last climb David finally came in first and Mario came in last. David also immediately pushed his button. Mario thinks he did but he did not and sits there letting the time run out not realizing that he never rang his button.

Going into the finale are Team Roarke, which is Haze and Goldie. Team Noah with Clare, David and Mark. Team Tee with Tony. Team Nick with Jim. Right after the elimination they have 30 minutes to get ready for the next evolution. They run back to camp to get ready.

I didn't like that in episode 9 you didn't see the order of who finished the evolution that and Clare didn't give a reason why it took her so long to finish the puzzle, really bad editing/story telling and lack of consistency as they have been showed the order each team finished all season.

Season 1 Episode 10 - "Over the Falls" - June 9, 2016

Episode 9 and 10 ran back to back for a 2 hour finale.

The teams do a rope traverse over a waterfall. This is a timed event. Teams with more then one person will have their times averaged out. I do think this event was a tad screwed to upper body strength and rather unfair to Team Roarke which at this point is all female (Haze and Goldie). Team Roarke averages over 4 minutes. Tony has 1:08. Jim has 1:10. Team Noah averages 1minute. Both Mark and David did the rope in 50 seconds plus and Clare was over a minute. Team Noah earns a 3 minute advantage in the final circus. The final endurance challenge is a standard rope hold while leaning over that they use all the time on Survivor and is actually a very fair challenge between men and women with woman doing very well.

The final Circus is tougher. Teams have to do it twice. After the first lap they have to do a 15 minute rope hold. Yes, there are the regular advantages depending if you finish first, second, third and fourth. They added several obstacles to the circus to make it tougher. After the second lap the teams have to do the rope hold again until there is one team left. Haze drops out. David (Green) drops out. Goldie drops out. Jim drops out. Tony drops out. Clare and Mark (Team Noah) are left and win $250,000 each.

Now I have a bit of a bone to pick with this show. They announced that there would be 4 winners of $250,000 each. I assumed, wrongly it seems, that the last four people would win. I would have been OK with Clare, Mike, Jim and Tony getting the money with them being the last 4 competitors standing. Instead even if your team won, in this case Team Noah, David who was part of this team, made it to the finale and dropped out didn't get to share in the winnings yet he helped his teammates in their journey to victory. It's a bit of a cop out to the producers as the odds of an entire team of four making it to the finale are very slim. Even 3 members of a team completing the finale are not good. You really are on the hook for only $250,0000 to $500,000.
    zookeepertx likes this.

My bone to pick with the show is that it presented itself as a team competition, but ended up being an individual competition in the end.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I felt really bad for David that he didn't share in the $.
    Bearcata likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast