+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Long Lost Family - TLC

Long Lost Family - TLC

I came across this show when I saw an ad for it during another show. It's exactly what it sounds like, reuniting adopted men/women with their biological families. I am 2 episodes in and it is great! In the first episode the woman looking for her mother had no idea she had worked with her in the past, she knew her!! This show is so heart warming! Tonight I am doing a marathon of the rest of the shows that have aired! Has anyone else watched?
    Punkin, shyra and momrek06 like this.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

Re: Long Lost Family - TLC

Yes, I've ben watching it from the start! I was surprised that I hadn't noticed there was no thread for it. Thanks! It's a great tear-jerking, emotional roller coaster as you hear the stories. Both hosts were adopted and found their birth families and are so invested in helping these adoptees and parents who had to let go of their babies find each other and fill an empty place in their lives. Heart warming is a perfect description!
    AmyKay and momrek06 like this.
    Lynda

This is another show that I have all recorded just sitting ready for me to watch!

I have to make time!

It does look good!

Appears I will need an extra large box of kleenex!
    Punkin and AmyKay like this.
    KAREN

FORT Fan

I love this show. I've cried through every episode!!
    Punkin, momrek06 and judesdca like this.

I love this show! It always makes me cry and reminds me of when I met my birth mother. I found out that we only lived blocks from each other until I was six and she moved. I talk to her all the time and she only lives 45 minutes away from me now.
    Punkin, AmyKay and AZChristian like this.

Wow, shyra, that's great! How were you able to reconnect?
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonsmom View Post
    I love this show. I've cried through every episode!!
    Me, too! I love this show. It's very heart-warming, very touching.
    "Show a dog an ounce of love and he'll be your friend for life." ~ Stuart and Linda Macfarlane

Punkin, It was a very long process. I started looking when I was pregnant with my first child at 21 so I went to the children's aide office in the town I was born in and put in for a search. Long story short at age 29 we met each other. At the time I was not too sure about meeting my birth mother because my parents gave me a great life so I felt guilty but I went ahead with trying to fin her mostly for medical history. Anyway, Children's Aide said I could write her a letter through them of course but not put any identifying marks in it such as the town I was in etc. From that letter by birth mom went and looked at the obituary's looking for a girl who just recently lost a brother and had 3 brothers total. From there she had my birth uncle call me one morning and asked if I was adopted and if my birthday was on such and such a date. We talked on the phone for over 2 hours and he invited me to his house to meet my birth mom and I said yes as she was only 20 minutes away from me back then. I don't know how long my search would have been if she didn't go through the old papers at the library because Children's Aide lied to my birth mom and said I was adopted out of province and they told me that my birth mom lived out of province and then we come to find out we lived in the same small town for the 1st six years of my life.
    Punkin and AmyKay like this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I am always emotional while watching this show.

Mine was a horribly dysfunctional childhood, full of emotional, physical and sexual abuse. Whenever I see these adoption programs - where the birth mother always says she loved and her child and gave it up so it could have a better life - I wonder, "It's obvious my mother didn't want me. Why didn't she give me up so I could have a better life?"

Then I remember that if I had been brought up somewhere other than where I was, I would not have met my wonderful husband. So I look back on my childhood with sadness (and sometimes with anger), but I know that I'd go through it all again to end up with Mr. AZC.

I do love watching "Long Lost Family" . . . when the daughter started playing "Fur Elise" for her birth mother on last night's episode, it was so beautiful. The mother had said that her first thought on seeing her baby's long fingers was that she should play piano. And the daughter had wondered if her birth mother had instilled in her a love of music. It was lovely.
    Punkin, karna68 and shyra like this.
    FoRT friend you are most likely to meet up with, wherever you live!
    So far: Jezebella, Punkin, Momrek06, Ellen, JLuvs, Pikachu, Cornholio
    Working on: Everybody else!

That is a great story, shyra! I'm so glad it went well for you. It doesn't for everyone, but I doubt we will see any of those stories on this show. I only want to see the happy, teary successes though.
    shyra likes this.
    Lynda

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast