+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Long Lost Family - TLC

Re: Long Lost Family - TLC

New season started last night. Sunday nights.

As always great. I do think it is easier for the show to do the connections. People are so emotional. In asking ground work questions, they put themselves at emotional risk.

One of the best shows on TV....LOVE
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    New season started last night. Sunday nights.

As always great. I do think it is easier for the show to do the connections. People are so emotional. In asking ground work questions, they put themselves at emotional risk.

One of the best shows on TV....LOVE
    I am loving this show. I had watched before but just started watching again. Sad the guy didn't get to meet his father. I didn't catch the first part of the show so where was the girls mother.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I am loving this show. I had watched before but just started watching again. Sad the guy didn't get to meet his father. I didn't catch the first part of the show so where was the girls mother.
    The older sister Enris was being raised by her maternal grandmother b/c the mother was an addict. The grandmom tried to get custody of the younger sister, whom I presume was in foster care at the time (she was only 5), but she didn't have an attorney and I guess not speaking English sort of hampered her chances. It was at the custody hearing that Enris, at age 7, first found out that she even had a sister. I was so happy for the both of them. How wonderful they only live an hour away from each other! And now Enris not only has a sister but nieces and nephews too. The grandmother coming in from NY to surprise her granddaughter...well, I was a mess! I cry throughout this show...happy tears, but still!

I was happy that Christian got to at least meet his mother. I was giving her the side eye when she insisted she did not understand what Lisa was getting at...re Christian being unsure of his racial identity b/c his skin was darker and his birth certificate said both his parents were Caucasian. I don't know if she truly blocked out a sexual encounter with Christian's dad or just was not willing to admit it on camera. I am glad she decided to come clean. I can understand her reluctance to admit something like that to her parents at the time because unfortunately, many parents would object to having a biracial grandchild back in those days. I am guessing her parents are deceased by now so I am glad she was finally able to admit the truth. Hopefully Christian will be able to find some relatives on his dad's side as well.
    Lizard likes this.

I was glad that they showed his adoptive parents with him. If I put my kid up for adoption, I would want amazing parents like those ones.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123