+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: 60 Days In ~ A&E

60 Days In ~ A&E

Anyone watching this one?

The premise is 7 individuals from differing backgrounds enter clark County Jail with no criminal backgrounds. No jail officials or prisoners know they are there as part of experiment to uncover any illegal activity or to help improve how the jail functions.

Its actually very good. One of the females is Mohammed Ali's daughter.
    Punkin and cablejockey like this.

Baby, it's cold outside Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 60 Days In ~ A&E

Laila Ali is out of the kitchen? She has been on TV on various reality shows so much, I would be surprised if no one recognizes her.

This is actually a bad idea. I mean if they are to record it, there will be cameras. What will be the excuse for their presence that will fool staff and inmates?

THIS SOUNDS STUPID!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Maryum Ali is the daughter.

The warden started this project as his jail is notorious for narcotics/drug activity on both prisoners and staff and he is trying to clean up his jail. These volunteers are there to get intel from the inside.

They actually have the premise of the cameras that they are filming a documentary for first time prisoners. They set the cameras in the prison before the "prisoners" came in so as to not raise suspicion. They interview prisoners and the plants alike. So far, only one of the plants are being suspected, but that's through no fault of the show. The prisoner who is being suspected is Robert who is in the "D" wing, which is the worst as far as crime and drugs. Robert is blowing his cover story, asking questions of the other prisoners. He has been labeled a narc/cop. The prisoners are suspicious of him. Robert has now probably put himself in danger and I believe they are probably going to remove him from the block for his own safety (this will probably be the next episode). He has already got one prisoner beaten (shown this last episode) due to this prisoner trying to 'help' Robert adjust.

It brings prison life into a whole new light.

Check it out... its definitely a good show.
    60 Days In Full Episodes, Video & More | A&E
    Punkin likes this.

Baby, it's cold outside Arielflies's Avatar

Thanks for the explanation. Now, it sounds like a good set-up except for the danger. I still am not interested, but you've rounded out the experience to perhaps bring in others.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

We've been watching and enjoying it. It's definitely interesting in a creepy, scary way.
    Lynda

When is this show on? Sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    When is this show on? Sounds interesting.
    I believe Thursdays at 10? Check that link. You've only missed 2 (or 3?) episodes so far - the first episode was a double, so not sure if they would break that down and call it 2 episodes. Im sure you can catch those on the website and/or On Demand. Definitely worth checking out. There's 2 'plants' that I really like... Zac (marine) and a woman I cant remember her name, she's a cop.
    Punkin likes this.

I caught a mini marathon of it last weekend. It's pretty good. I'm worried for Robert's safety. I think this week he gets put into solitairy for some reason, but I think it's just them trying to protect him. I'm also worried about the female cop, she also has a target on her back.
    Punkin likes this.

I think opposite, I think the female cop is doing good. I think the one inmate (Jennifer?) tested her by taking her shower shoes, but I think she handled that perfectly. I think the single mom is going to have more problems than any of them in the female wing.
    Punkin and shyra like this.

I'm completely hooked on this show. It doesn't have the reality show fakery because nobody knows the plants aren't real prisoners. Even the plants don't know the other is a plant. The smart alec is going to be in for a rude awakening.
    Punkin and lilcountriegal like this.
    "Totalitarianism demands, in fact, the continuous alteration of the past, and in the long run probably demands a disbelief in the very existence of objective truth." George Orwell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast