+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Married by Mom and Dad - TLC

Married by Mom and Dad - TLC

Anybody watching this? I like the show. Basically Mom and Dad are picking the spouse. They narrow it down to 2 or 3 then their son/daughter meets the prospects, see how everyone interacts and makes their final decision. Their are 4 sets of parents and sons/daughters.

Christina-Poor thing, her parents found a guy. She was adamant that she didn't want to see him until the wedding day but the guy wanted to meet her. He ended up basically dumping her at the altar claiming there was no chemistry. So parents went looking again and found Tom, they did get married now next episode will show how everything is going.

Marivic-I feel bad for her too. Her Dad thinks nobody is good enough for her which isn't a bad thing but he gets fed up and wants to quit the process.

Mitch-His parents found what I thought would be a really good match but she's very funny about her family, they weren't at the wedding and she refuses to talk about them much in interviews.

John-Again, his parents found a really good one but I think he starts to get cold feet.
    Moontat and jucamer like this.

FORT Fan

Re: Married by Mom and Dad - TLC

I've been watching ...

Christina first guy looked gay to me. She seems terribly desperate to get married. Saying she doesn't want to meet the guy until the alter. Just like Married at first sight. I feel sorry for Tom because he is really second choice. But he too look desperate to get married too.

Marivic already said that she just wanted to be like all her friends , dating or married , kids etc. She went the traditional route including on line dating and couldn't find someone. I liked her father. Her parents didn't see anyone suited for her. Even when she met them you could see they were not a match.

Mitch's wife is strange not wanting to talk about her family. That would be a red flag to me. The step mother bugs me ....lol

John, I think his parents love the girl more than he does. Coward conversation in the car. I'm glad they got to meet up before they went to the alter.
    karna68 likes this.

I think John and Chandler would be good together, they got along on their first date. I think he was just getting too much in his head on the car ride.

FORT Fan

Oops I meant Award conversion in the car with John and Chandler. I like Chandler too better then the real skinny girl he met first. I keep thinking I saw John somewhere else. I was thinking the Bachelorette maybe.
    karna68 and woodiedog like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I'm so glad to see this thread cause I've really been enjoying this show! I just wish there were more episodes, and at least one follow-up episode to see how they're all doing.
    karna68 likes this.

FORT Fan

I've been watching however am behind a couple of episodes. I really like John's parents. They would make great in-laws. I hope he doesn't get cold feet. I agree that Chandler is the better choice for him.

Christina's parents are great too. They seem to be taking this very seriously and want the best for her. She does seem a little desperate though. Hope it works out for her.

Marivic.... She seems to have huge chip on her shoulder. I doubt she's gets matched up with anyone. Her parents are nice but I think she needs to cut the apron strings.
    karna68 likes this.

I agree winstonsmom! I love john's parents! Did I hear that they are parents of 9 children?

FORT Fan

I don't think Christina knows what she wants. This being her second chance , yes he is a stranger but you don't want to live with him? All she wanted was to get married to someone she never saw before until the alter. Was this for attention from her family, just a shot to be on TV what. Feel sorry for Tom.

Mitch's wife is strange too and why didn't he ask her something about her or her family when she said ask me anything. Not sure why she didn't stick up for him when they thought he was gay. Maybe she put her friend up to that conversation.

John is getting cold feet or really doesn't click with her. Maybe she is too independent for him. I know the parents really like her. His dad said he gave up his vacation time to do this for him because that is what John wanted. Not sure I would do this for my kids. I would get it all wrong.
    Imperfect1, jucamer and woodiedog like this.

I happened to come across Emily's (Mitch's wife) IMDB page. She's one only one on this show that has one. She's been in low budget movies. Wonder if she's just on here for publicity for her acting career?

I agree about Christina, this is what she wanted, what the heck? Tom seems to be pretty understanding though, I give him props for that.

I don't know what John's issue is either, maybe it's like his Dad says, he has control issues.

I wonder if Mitch is regretting marrying Emily, she's definitely got some issues. I still hope it works out for everyone. I wonder if we'll see any more about Marivic?
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast