+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: My Diet Is Better Than Yours (ABC)

My Diet Is Better Than Yours (ABC)

Guide | TheFutonCritic.com - The Web's Best Television Resource

MY DIET IS BETTER THAN YOURS (ABC)
    [two-hour series premiere] 1/7/16 at 8:00 PM
    [regularly airs] thursdays from 8:00 PM-10:00 PM EST

(from ABC's press release, November 2015) Hosted by Shaun T, creator of the workout sensation "Insanity," the new reality series "My Diet Is Better Than Yours" features celebrity trainers coaching average Americans to lose weight and get in shape. Each trainer brings his/her own individually designed and wildly diverse diet and exercise plan to their contestant, and works with them to change their lives and prove that "My Diet Is Better Than Yours." In the end, one team will reign victorious. "My Diet Is Better Than Yours" is produced by Kinetic Content and Milojo Productions.
    Two diet shows to pick from this January, this and Biggest Loser 17.
    Brooks, momrek06 and Cornholio like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: My Diet Is Better Than Yours (ABC)

This series will be 8 episodes long and they will air two episodes at a time so it is over by the end of January. Considering how many folks try to lose weight after the holidays this series is a good idea.
    GabbyG, momrek06 and Cornholio like this.

I agree! January is a great time for weight loss shows. Wish I could sign up.

The Biggest Loser cast was announced Dec 1 and there is a thread under the shows we are not watching currently inside the Biggest Loser 16 thread there is another thread about season 17 in case anyone was interested.

Richard Hatch Season 1 winner of Survivor is in the cast.

New ABC Show

New ABC Show “My Diet Is Better Than Yours” Hosted by Shaun T & Starring Abel James!
    Posted by Abel James | November 24, 2015 | Abel James, Featured, The Wild Diet, Videos |

Abel James to star on ABC's My Diet is Better Than Yours

Hey Readers and Listeners,
    BIG news! I’ll be starring on a new ABC show, “My Diet Is Better Than Yours” with celebrity trainers and Shaun T of Insanity! You’ll be hearing a lot about Fat-Burning Man and The Wild Diet in the next few months… Read on below to get the details (and stay tuned for more to come)…

ABC is shaking up Primetime this January with a new show called “My Diet is Better Than Yours.” The network will premiere the weight loss show on Thursday, January 7 at 8/7 Central.

In the show, star experts and trainers will coach overweight Americans on how to lose weight on their unique diet and fitness plans.
    “My Diet is Better Than Yours” features celebrity trainers including Abel James (bestselling author of The Wild Diet), Dawn Jackson Blatner (author of The Flexitarian Diet), Carolyn Barnes (creator of the cLean Momma Plan), Jovanka Ciares, and Jay Cardiello (celebrity trainer to 50 Cent, Jennifer Lopez, and professional athletes).

Unlike NBC’s The Biggest Loser, contestants on ABC’s “My Diet is Better Than Yours” will be following their expert’s unique diets from their home.
    There’s no “weight loss camp” – it’s just real people working their day jobs, living with their families, and doing the best they can to lose weight.
    Real people. Real diets. Real competition. #MyDietIsBetterThanYours premieres on Thursday, Jan 7 at 8|7c on ABC! https://t.co/B0dpVYy7ld
    — ABC Network (@ABCNetwork) November 24, 2015

To measure each contestant’s weight loss and fitness progress, contestants will be evaluated in challenges created by celebrity trainer Anna Kaiser (whose clients include Kelly Ripa, Shakira, and Sarah Jessica Parker).

Another concept of “My Diet is Better Than Yours” that makes it unique is that contestants may eliminate their trainers if they don’t feel like the plan is working for them.
    According to TVInsider, ABC has ordered eight one-hour episodes, and will air two back-to-back in a two-hour block for four weeks in January 2016.
    - See more at: New ABC Show

Thanks Bearcata!

My biggest potential for disappointment is that the trainers may not go into enough detail about their programs, so I'm going to do some homework. Just requested The Wild Diet, The Flexitarian Diet, The cLean Momma Workout, and Cardio Core 4x4 (Cardiello) from my library. (Guess I know how I'm spending January, LOL)

I like that the contestants can fire their trainers although that may skew the results.

If only those shows worked via osmosis! I get excited about a new diet or program but quickly get bored (ummm, self sabotage) and just can't find the motivation again. Maybe this will help find something that will kick my butt in gear again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

Then the plan for you would be the cLean Momma plan, because even if you don't lose any weight your home will sparkle!
    Dicechick likes this.

Scoop: MY DIET IS BETTER THAN YOURS on ABC - Thursday, January 7, 2016

Scoop: MY DIET IS BETTER THAN YOURS on ABC - Thursday, January 7, 2016
    December 22

Scoop: MY DIET IS BETTER THAN YOURS on ABC - Thursday, January 7, 2016 "Let The Diets Begin"/"Cookiegate" - The contestants meet their experts this week and the work begins to lose weight and get fit and healthy in the new year. With each expert bringing an individually designed and wildly diverse diet and exercise plan to their contestant, tensions flare and frustrations mount with certain teams, but in the end, only one team will reign victorious on "My Diet Is Better Than Yours," THURSDAY, JANUARY 7 (9:00-11:00 p.m. EST).

Hosted by fitness expert Shaun T, creator of the workout phenomenon "Insanity," "My Diet Is Better Than Yours" brings together trainers Carolyn Barnes, Jovanka Ciares, Jay Cardiello, Dawn Jackson Blatner and Abel James, who each introduce diet and exercise plans with the potential to change viewers' ideas about how to shed pounds. In an interesting twist, the competitors hold the power of elimination where trainers can be sent packing if their teams do not feel that they are hitting their fitness goals. Strategies like the "cLean Momma Plan," which promotes burning calories through performing different household chores, and "The Wild Diet" which combines a high fat diet consisting of foods primitive man would find in the actual wilderness with high-intensity workouts, give contestants' an edge in the race to reach their goal weight.

Throughout the journey, contestants will be presented specific milestone fitness challenges designed by celebrity trainer Anna Kaiser that will test their progress along the way while learning tips and tricks to help them achieve their long-term weight loss goals.

"My Diet Is Better Than Yours" is produced by Kinetic Content and Milojo Productions for ABC. Chris Coelen, Katie Griffin, and Susan House are executive producers for Kinetic Content.

I've heard this was coming and have seen a advertisement or two, but never paid much attention. I figured "Another diet show. No thanks." I didn't even read this thread to learn more about it. Plus the title is a bit of a put-off.

Then, today, I found out it was hosted by Shaun T. I LOVE Shaun T! I've been using Beach Body & their DVD's/Products for over a year now. I've lost 30lbs and kept them off. I didn't realize I even had that much to lose until I did it. Shaun T has been one of my very favorite trainers. I hope he interjects his upbeat and energizing personality into this.

Plus it's on ABC. I get ABC! I'll be there for sure to watch this one.
    Punkin and Bearcata like this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast