+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

TLC has set the premiere date for the three-part Jessa and Jill Duggar special “Counting On,” the network announced Friday.

Part one of “Jill and Jessa: Counting On” will air on Dec. 13 at 8 p.m. with a 90-minute premiere.

The subsequent specials will air at 9 p.m. on Dec. 20 and 27.

https://www.thewrap.com/jessa-jill-d...premiere-date/

Welcome Back Jill & Jessa | TLCme | TLC

Anna Duggar has been silent about what has been going on with her since she found out Josh Duggar cheated on her.

Anna will finally speak about the scandal that rocked her world.

Anna Duggar will actually be on the upcoming special about Jill and Jessa to talk about what has been going on in her life.
    KAREN

Re: "Jill and Jessa: Counting On" TLC

I will be honest, I don't care about any of the Duggars BUT seeing this article that states ANNA will be in the first episode and will be addressing the scandal, that is something I would like to see. Only.
    ibot2much likes this.
    KAREN

I'd rather read about it and not add to the numbers of viewers for whatever sponsors TLC comes up with.
    “It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.” — Joseph Heller, Catch-22

no frikin' thanks

the Touching Little Children have lost it
    Punkin, NFL1, Imperfect1 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I'd rather read about it and not add to the numbers of viewers for whatever sponsors TLC comes up with.
    I understand completely, Punkin, I know I can read it online but I want to SEE Anna and see how she is doing. I am hoping she is not in any kind of denial.

AND dear gawd, she better not defend the molestor.

I hope she tells us she is getting some intense counseling.

The fact alone that she put her baby daughter in pants and posted it online..........
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

I'm not asking anyone else not to watch, but there will be a plethora of articles and posts for me to read. The thing with me is that I HAVE NEVER, EVER, EVEN ONCE EVER WATCHED THIS SHOW! So I really have nothing invested in Anna. I feel sorry for the poor woman, but she is after all, a brainwashed fundie Quiverfull kid. If the scandals hadn't happened, she'd just be birthing a bunch of kids to add to the cult, smiling sweetly. Josh Duggar must have been an unbelievable prize for this little girl! Josh learned from Slick Bob how to fool everybody, but Josh just happened to have some pretty horrible, awful things to fool everybody, especially Anna, about. The fact that she keeps herself under their roof and influence about half the time, and under the roof of the parents who indoctrinated her into this lifestyle the other half, makes me doubt she will leave him. She hasn't turned against the cult, and she was quoted recently as that she couldn't parent on her own. Red flag. So, I'm doubting she'll turn against Josh. This time. Maybe next time she'll finally run to her brother who will help her.

This new attempt by TLC should be more properly called Jill and Jessa, Counting on TLC!. Counting on going back to the good old days of fans, and money, and freebees, and all that TLC can bring them materially and as fame junkies. It'll take a concerted effort by those that hate enough, to go after any advertiser who dares to buy time on the show, but there seem to be some out there. I hope all things Dugger go away. I hate for people to be taken by shysters who glibly lie to fans, making some of them followers who fall for this fundie patriarchical cult. This type of thing has been going on on religious TV programming for decades. Jim and Tammy Baker finally put a face on the truth of the money scam, but that hasn't stopped hundreds of TV preachers and now The Duggars, et al, are still milking money out of people who often can not afford it. So if I'm hostile towards these two photogenic women with their families continuing Big Bob and Michelle's success, it's because I feel for those poor suckers who believe in their lie and send money they can't afford. It just pisses me off! Grifters.
    NFL1, Maveno, ness and 13 others like this.
    “It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.” — Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Well I will be watching I have no problem with Jill or Jessa. They have a right to feel how they want about some thing that happened to them. I can't wait to see the babies!
    MomAt40Pls and momrek06 like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Watch this?

Count me out.

Anything I want to know, I figure it'll be all over the news and Net probably seconds after the end credits roll.

I'll pick up whatever I want to know and snark about that way.
    Punkin, sclilred1 and Kiz like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

I'm totally disgusted by the whole idea of this show. For me, these girls have now officially become just as bad as Kate Gosselin. There is a famewh*re around every single reality corner, it seems.

I don't think anybody wanting any REAL answers or to know how the family REALLY is doing will get any satisfaction. With this sort of thing, TLC (and various talk shows and mags) usually put on the kid gloves, and nothing real is ever revealed. Remember how often people had hoped that some interviewer would really skewer KG or get the real truth out of her? and remember how it was all bs and soft answers, repeated to the nth degree? Same thing will happen here. As much as they can, they will pretend that nothing is wrong, and business as usual in the Duggar world is baby after baby, which is probably what they will focus on.

Boring, in other words. Unless you enjoy shows about kids and more kids. I don't.
    Punkin, NFL1, Maveno and 6 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast