+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

I have to admit I tuned in to see the rebroadcast because I couldn't sleep. Lots of Jana! I get a feeling she is in no rush to get married and wants to be as independent as she can be given her circumstance.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I was sorry to hear that she plans to have kids. Really, Jana? Haven't you had enough? I was kind of hoping she was putting off marriage until she was too old to procreate. It's sad to me that so many women (not only Duggars) can't envision any other kind of life for themselves. It really IS optional...
    redsox girl likes this.

I don't have a problem with her wanting kids! Just because women have more options today doesn't mean A woman who wants to start a family is somehow giving up something because they want to have a family.
    bamafan, sclilred1 and KatesMom like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Does anyone know why Jessa and Ben are so hell bent on adoption. Obviously I would have nothing against adoption; but they are young married, and beginning their family with birth children. Jessa has been pushing it since before they got married. What's the rush?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    ness likes this.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Does anyone know why Jessa and Ben are so hell bent on adoption. Obviously I would have nothing against adoption; but they are young married, and beginning their family with birth children. Jessa has been pushing it since before they got married. What's the rush?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    She's a Duggar by birth, and she wants to keep up the proud family tradition of having so many rugrats that the only way she'll be able to feed her brood quick and easy dinners is to give 'em a steady diet of Tater Tot Casserole or pizza every night for dinner.

She's trying to move and shake and get that goal met quickly.

And no, there ain't no way in HELL that NBDJ is going to run HER body completely into the ground by popping out 19, 20, 21 and counting, kids.

She's WAAAAYYYY too self-centered.

Just sayin'.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

I've read that the adoption storyline is scripted to give the couple something to talk about. Plus, since she had some complications when Spurgeon was born, she may not be as equipped to have them back to back like Michelle did. She'll need to rely on getting her brood in other ways.

I am surprised that in most ways Jana seems less mature than Jill and Jessa. I never realized that based on what I had seen in previous seasons. I really like her though. I wish she could have some great things in life that does not include her parents or bosses telling her what to do or how to live.
    karna68 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    ...Plus, since she had some complications when Spurgeon was born...
    Oh man, I forgot his name was Spurgeon!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I've read that the adoption storyline is scripted to give the couple something to talk about. Plus, since she had some complications when Spurgeon was born, she may not be as equipped to have them back to back like Michelle did. She'll need to rely on getting her brood in other ways.
    Far as NBDJ following in Big M's brood mare footsteps . . .

I seem to recall --- even BEFORE The WEDDIN' --- that she and Baby Ben were asked (almost ad nauseum!) SOME variation of the question of whether or not they planned on having a large family, a la Big M and JB. I also seem to recall NBDJ taking the lead (PLEASE don't tell me that surprises anyone?) and saying that that'd be OK with them, but they were also interested in adopting, as well.

I also seem to recall that not too long before or right at the time she got knocked up, she said something to the effect that they'd already looked into adopting and had been advised that in their particular state, married couples interested in the adoption process had to wait a period of two years BEFORE moving forward and beginning the process.

Yep. The two of 'em DEFINITELY needed some sort of an ongoing storyline to pin their raison d'etre on for continuing to be one of the main anchors of that "show".

Yep. That was a horrifically wild ride NBDJ went on to get Spurgeon (!) here (SMH). From what I've heard, she came kind of close to checking out of here altogether? And if I were in HER shoes and had been planning to give birth to an Arkansas version of The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, I'd've DEFINITELY hit the brakes and stopped THAT show right THEN.

But, yep. I believe that even WITHOUT the factors of a scripted storyline and dangerous birth to add fuel to this particular fire, she and Baby Ben were headed for the "19, 20, 21 and Counting" races all on their own, possibly even WITHOUT a "show".

After all, when asked if they planned to follow in her parents' footsteps and do the single-letter first name thingy for THEIR kids, she, apparently, wrinkled her nose and replied "no", because that was not her "thing".

P.S.:

If I was little Spur, when I grew up and reached legal age, I'd ABSOLUTELY get that name legally CHANGED. THEN, I'd kick BOTH their behinds for saddling me with it in the FIRST damned place!

Just sayin'.
    Punkin, aramcobrat and sclilred1 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Far as NBDJ following in Big M's brood mare footsteps . . .

I seem to recall --- even BEFORE The WEDDIN' --- that she and Baby Ben were asked (almost ad nauseum!) SOME variation of the question of whether or not they planned on having a large family, a la Big M and JB. I also seem to recall NBDJ taking the lead (PLEASE don't tell me that surprises anyone?) and saying that that'd be OK with them, but they were also interested in adopting, as well.

I also seem to recall that not too long before or right at the time she got knocked up, she said something to the effect that they'd already looked into adopting and had been advised that in their particular state, married couples interested in the adoption process had to wait a period of two years BEFORE moving forward and beginning the process.

Yep. The two of 'em DEFINITELY needed some sort of an ongoing storyline to pin their raison d'etre on for continuing to be one of the main anchors of that "show".

Yep. That was a horrifically wild ride NBDJ went on to get Spurgeon (!) here (SMH). From what I've heard, she came kind of close to checking out of here altogether? And if I were in HER shoes and had been planning to give birth to an Arkansas version of The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, I'd've DEFINITELY hit the brakes and stopped THAT show right THEN.

But, yep. I believe that even WITHOUT the factors of a scripted storyline and dangerous birth to add fuel to this particular fire, she and Baby Ben were headed for the "19, 20, 21 and Counting" races all on their own, possibly even WITHOUT a "show".

After all, when asked if they planned to follow in her parents' footsteps and do the single-letter first name thingy for THEIR kids, she, apparently, wrinkled her nose and replied "no", because that was not her "thing".

P.S.:

If I was little Spur, when I grew up and reached legal age, I'd ABSOLUTELY get that name legally CHANGED. THEN, I'd kick BOTH their behinds for saddling me with it in the FIRST damned place!

Just sayin'.
    Ness....I love ya honey...but what the hell is "NBDJ"?????
    Punkin, ness, sclilred1 and 1 others like this.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Ness....I love ya honey...but what the hell is "NBDJ"?????
    No Big Deal Jessa.
    Punkin and sclilred1 like this.

+ Reply to Thread