+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree417Likes

Thread: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

I shall not watch one minute of anything Duggar related again.
    Punkin, ness and redsox girl like this.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Oh I hope Jill isn't pregnant. If she is I hope she's taking precautions against Zika.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    I would be very surprised if Jill were NOT pregnant! And for all her bossiness (she bugged) and apparent leadership qualities while at home surrounded by family, I think she's finding herself very much at loose ends without that familiar support system. She also seemed the most devastated by the media's "betrayal" of their secret. I have to admit, it's a pretty dull show WITHOUT Jim Bob and Michelle (and Josie), so bring them.
    I agree with you. Jill is really like a fish out of water and it shows. Just watching Jill and Derrick is like watching paint dry.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1 View Post
    To line the Duggar pockets some more. TLC is also hoping that viewers will forgive, forget and tune in meaning more money in their pockets as well.
    Line the Duggar pockets some more?

THAT one, I gotta think about, for a minute. I TRULY do not believe that Touching Little Children gives a flying hot DAMN about the Duggar pockets (even though, yeah, we ALL know they're paying 'em SOMETHING, still, because they HAVE to!). It's their OWN pockets they're trying to keep lined. And they're aware, with the hordes of ignorant sheep out there that still believe the Duggars are the Way, the Truth, and the Light, that they can STILL make money off these holy-rollin', baby-making buncha grifters.

I truly DO believe that if the PTB at that network didn't believe that they can still make SOME type of significant ducats for themselves off these weirdos, they would've dropped their asses like a bad habit, quick, fast, and in a hellified hurry.

VERY early on, right when the crap started hitting the fan with them.

The same way they did with the late, UN-lamented BooBoo Clan.

JMHO.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

^^^ This is why I needed my Nessie back! Nobody can get down to the crux of the truth better than she can!

If it looks like a cult, walks like a cult, and quacks like a cult, IT'S A CULT! And TLC doesn't care if it is promoting a cult to it's viewers as long as they are making money off of it. Josh won't be the last scandal coming out of this dysfunctional cult family. There are more to come. Just wait until the gay or trans child/children come out. This network preys on children being exploited by fame-whore parents without regard to the long term effects on those children.

As for the "fans" and their complicity.... I really don't understand it. If you wat reality watch the 'Housewives' or Bad Girls Club or Mob Wives, adults who want to put themselves out for ridicule and infamy for a paycheck! But the Duggar kids, the BooBoo kids, the Khate kids, how are these kids going to come out of this experience of intimate scrutiny by cameras and gossip rags that have no qualms about digging out the dirtiest family secrets and scandals that they will always have to live with? We know how many child actors have had disasterous problems in later life because of too much exposure at a young age. Why would these youngsters have any different outcome? We already see how the Duggar girls are desperate to keep up with the "family business". Even if one of them, by the viewers in this thread making concerned remarks, seem to say she is stressed and overwhelmed by playing her part in the "script" in order to stay on TV. (By this time children raised in this environment may not even know the difference between "real life" and the "script" they have been following for the cameras for years.) But these "worries" for her wellbeing only add to the 'drama' that keeps you watching. Neilsen ratings! So, she's pretty much stuck in that stressful and overwhelming situation to keep ratings up. I wonder what that young woman thinks when she reads comments like I have read here that she and her husband are like "watching paint dry"? I am eternally grateful I have never had to worry/obsess over such judgments on me and my life.

I will admit, again, I have never watched this (cult) family or Khate or BooBoo. I have never known anything about them until scandals arose and I started watching these threads. Until I retired and had way too much time on my hands, I thought reality TV was Survivor, TAR, and Big Brother and a few other prime time network shows. It's different now, I watch way too much crap on cable. I often blame the viewers for allowing and supporting this new brand of what I see as 'child abuse'. But, on the other hand, I doubt anyone who started watching these "wholesome family shows" could have even imagined that the children might be damaged in the process. I couldn't blame any viewers who supported the shows and became invested in caring about these lively, interesting children. No one was thinking about what might be the effect on the children. Probably not even Mama June, Khate or the horrible Duggar cult parents (all fame whores and $$$$$$ dependents). But now we are seeing the damage. So I have no advise for the 'fans'. You care about them and want to see how their lives unfold. But the TLC camera people and producers see everything you do not. But they just keep filming, because it's their paycheck too. And the heck with the kids.
    ness, aramcobrat and bamafan like this.
    Lynda

Punkin!!!!!

MAGNIFICENT post!

It COULDN'T'VE been better said, and ICAM!!!!!!

Punkin likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    ^^^ This is why I needed my Nessie back! Nobody can get down to the crux of the truth better than she can!

If it looks like a cult, walks like a cult, and quacks like a cult, IT'S A CULT! And TLC doesn't care if it is promoting a cult to it's viewers as long as they are making money off of it. Josh won't be the last scandal coming out of this dysfunctional cult family. There are more to come. Just wait until the gay or trans child/children come out. This network preys on children being exploited by fame-whore parents without regard to the long term effects on those children.

As for the "fans" and their complicity.... I really don't understand it. If you wat reality watch the 'Housewives' or Bad Girls Club or Mob Wives, adults who want to put themselves out for ridicule and infamy for a paycheck! But the Duggar kids, the BooBoo kids, the Khate kids, how are these kids going to come out of this experience of intimate scrutiny by cameras and gossip rags that have no qualms about digging out the dirtiest family secrets and scandals that they will always have to live with? We know how many child actors have had disasterous problems in later life because of too much exposure at a young age. Why would these youngsters have any different outcome? We already see how the Duggar girls are desperate to keep up with the "family business". Even if one of them, by the viewers in this thread making concerned remarks, seem to say she is stressed and overwhelmed by playing her part in the "script" in order to stay on TV. (By this time children raised in this environment may not even know the difference between "real life" and the "script" they have been following for the cameras for years.) But these "worries" for her wellbeing only add to the 'drama' that keeps you watching. Neilsen ratings! So, she's pretty much stuck in that stressful and overwhelming situation to keep ratings up. I wonder what that young woman thinks when she reads comments like I have read here that she and her husband are like "watching paint dry"? I am eternally grateful I have never had to worry/obsess over such judgments on me and my life.

I will admit, again, I have never watched this (cult) family or Khate or BooBoo. I have never known anything about them until scandals arose and I started watching these threads. Until I retired and had way too much time on my hands, I thought reality TV was Survivor, TAR, and Big Brother and a few other prime time network shows. It's different now, I watch way too much crap on cable. I often blame the viewers for allowing and supporting this new brand of what I see as 'child abuse'. But, on the other hand, I doubt anyone who started watching these "wholesome family shows" could have even imagined that the children might be damaged in the process. I couldn't blame any viewers who supported the shows and became invested in caring about these lively, interesting children. No one was thinking about what might be the effect on the children. Probably not even Mama June, Khate or the horrible Duggar cult parents (all fame whores and $$$$$$ dependents). But now we are seeing the damage. So I have no advise for the 'fans'. You care about them and want to see how their lives unfold. But the TLC camera people and producers see everything you do not. But they just keep filming, because it's their paycheck too. And the heck with the kids.
    Well Punkin...I'm the one who made the comment about Jill and Derick and watching paint dry. Jill and Derick are not children. They were jolly well grown enough to get married and spit out a kid. When you are in the public eye not everything is going to swing their way. There are a lot of people who've been way harder on the duggars than I. Most of the time I have defended Anna who is stuck between a rock and a hard place when trying to do what's best for her and her children. This forum is for expressing our opinions for the good or the bad. I am not effecting the outcome of anyone's life any more than anyone else on this board.
    Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Punkin!!!!!

MAGNIFICENT post!

It COULDN'T'VE been better said, and ICAM!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

FORT Fogey

You got it, re: TLC... Does it make anyone besides ME wonder why the wonderful, intelligent, accomplished, selfless, generous, inspirational, well-educated, self-respecting, clean, upstanding, funny, sweet (I could go on and on with the ridiculous praise heaped upon these two) LITTLE COUPLE would have anything to do with this network? Especially when they -- unlike many of these other reality TV families -- DON'T need the money?

Or maybe it's just me!
    Punkin and libgirl2 like this.

Did anyone see the part when Anna was going to visit Josh?

It seems that the producers are really pushing Jana and John David into relationships, but I wonder how that's really going.

I bet it's killing Michelle to be off camera. The way she loves attention....very little camera time and no babies....I can't imagine how she is doing. The girls seem more relaxed to me, though. Maybe Michelle has to care or the little ones while the older daughters are filming! That kind of cracks me up.
    libgirl2 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Anna must be pregnant or planning to be soon (surprise) since she passed on extra airtime on the trip to Zika Virus land. She practically said as much. And I agree; it must really suck to be Michelle these days. Of course we had to have a big old close-up of Jim Bob's head on Face Time with the kids back home! It really did seem to be an infomercial for Jana last night; maybe she's finally being released to pursue her own life now that Josie is six (?) and Michelle's run as a breeder -- at least -- is over. Anna must've been bequeathed the younger girls to help raise her brood. I think John David is kind of hot!
    libgirl2 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread