+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

FORT Fogey

Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    What is with their show??? My SAY YES TO THE DRESS was cut off at 8:53 and they showed this for 7 minutes......and then the next episode of SYTTD started at 9.
    That must've been a "first look"; they show a few clips of the upcoming show to entice you to watch...

Just a quick observation. After watching the first episode I've reached some conclusions about Jill and Jessa that are completely opposite of my original thinking. I always thought of the two sisters, Jill would be the more maternal. With whatever skills she may possess as a midwife (no matter the level), Jill appeared to be more than well suited to accompany Derick into the mission field with their son and continue with whatever role they felt they had as missionaries. I don't see it. When filming, Jill appears ill at ease. She seems as if motherhood has overwhelmed her. Derick is usually at home helping with the baby; if he is not, Jill appears to both miss and need her sisters very much. In contrast....Jessa appears as to "taking the bull by the horns" so to speak. Her sisters helped her with the "Fall Feast" (why they don't call it Thanksgiving I haven't a clue); but Jessa seems comfortable with her baby....comfortable talking to the camera....fairly settled. I think I am correct in saying Jill has already been visited by multiple family members in South America. She and Derick both look thin and as if they don't feel well. If I were guessing, I think they may have bit off more than they can chew in their new mission. Somehow it doesn't quite seem to have turned out the way they thought. Izzy always appears sort of "funky eyed"....he's a big baby but not nearly as cute as Jessa's son. Anyway these are just some of my observations. Anna is still terribly sad but seems to be bravely soldiering on no matter what. Her baby Meredith looks to be thriving. Jim Bob and Michelle say very little. Michelle has a sadness about her....as if her enthusiasm or spirit has been knocked out of her. I guess it would be. I'm not defending anything about them, just saying how I think things appear from where I'm sitting. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts if you're watching.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

FORT Fogey

It was clear from the very first reveal show that Jessa was a much stronger personality than Jill, and that has proven true since then. I agree that Jill seems ill at ease and Derrick seems a mess; he needs to sue that oral surgeon big-time. Quite a let-down from what seemed like a promising beginning. They need to give up the whole "missionary" ruse and come home and let Cathy love on that little grandbaby while she's still healthy...

Anna's woe-is-me routine is wearing thin, and she seems to be squeezing out the tears for the camera. No doubt she hopes for a show of her own eventually, as I believe this has always been her ambition; hence her frenzy for more and more children. I am pretty sure there's a bun in the oven if they had a conjugal visit...

Joy Anna seems about the happiest of the bunch now... I've always thought she had a secret crush on Ben?

Was disappointed to see Jim Bob and Michelle front and center again, and kissing no less. Give us a break!

And the point of this show is.....What?
    holly71, Punkin, Jupiter and 4 others like this.

I haven't started watching the new season yet. Why oh why do they have to have JB and Michelle on? I thought it was strange for Derick and Jill to go to Nepal with Israel so young.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    To line the Duggar pockets some more. TLC is also hoping that viewers will forgive, forget and tune in meaning more money in their pockets as well.
    Punkin, redsox girl and bamafan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    As far as I'm concerned you couldn't make a point with this show with a pencil. As I said...just my observations. I completely agree Jessa is the stronger personality of the girls....what I assumed is that Jill would be more maternal in nature; more comfortable caring for children in general and that's not what I'm seeing. Frankly, I think Jill looks lost, overwhelmed and exhausted. I'd be willing to bet the all wonderful Derick does not help much with Izzy. I think Jill's ineptitude is probably the reason for so much company from home. When her sisters speak of Jill, there is a genuine tone of concern in their voices; probably for good reason.

Of course the show is back on because TLC needs it. They've orchestrated it centering on the older girls...and sons (sans Josh) with moderate appearances by JB and Michelle. What I'm waiting to see is how long it will take until Josh is brought back into the story line.

I do believe Anna is doing the best she can and I believe she does so genuinely. If I were in her place I don't believe my decisions would be the same; but then I have the benefit of living 30yrs that Anna has not. Time wounds all heels...so we shall see.

The last consideration for the show is financial. They are all being paid, something I'm certain is needed for the young couples especially.

Ok...don't blast me. All if this is my opinion only. I could be wrong about all of it, some of it or none of it.

One final note...IMHO I believe Jill is pregnant. That would explain the reason we are only seeing her on Skype and why her sisters are concerned. With the Zika virus spreading, Jill may very well be frightened about it and very lonely. Time will tell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    GabbyG likes this.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

"One final note...IMHO I believe Jill is pregnant. That would explain the reason we are only seeing her on Skype and why her sisters are concerned. With the Zika virus spreading, Jill may very well be frightened about it and very lonely. Time will tell."

Oh I hope not Jupiter!

Quote Originally Posted by woodiedog View Post
    "One final note...IMHO I believe Jill is pregnant. That would explain the reason we are only seeing her on Skype and why her sisters are concerned. With the Zika virus spreading, Jill may very well be frightened about it and very lonely. Time will tell."

Oh I hope not Jupiter!
    I'm only guessing...but it would not surprise me one bit.

FORT Fogey

I would be very surprised if Jill were NOT pregnant! And for all her bossiness (she bugged) and apparent leadership qualities while at home surrounded by family, I think she's finding herself very much at loose ends without that familiar support system. She also seemed the most devastated by the media's "betrayal" of their secret. I have to admit, it's a pretty dull show WITHOUT Jim Bob and Michelle (and Josie), so bring them.

+ Reply to Thread