+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 848495051525354555657585960 LastLast
Like Tree464Likes

Thread: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    We may find it bizarre, but it seems obvious that it works for them. These people/couples seem very happy and apparently have successful marriages -- with the obvious exception of Josh, of course, but he moved away from his support system. I'm surprised Jeremy and Jinger are actually putting down roots in Laredo; doesn't seem like they could have much of a life there (does anyone speak English in the "Gateway to Mexico," because they don't speak Spanish), and even I don't like to see little kids grow up without any -- neither hers nor his -- family around. I don't get the Jinger love on other forums; she just seems like a bland, boring, shy little girl to me. What a waste of a big, handsome, athletic, funny, charming, bookish man! But there's no accounting for taste.
    Jeremy is very much into his image and Jinger fits the part. She is very pretty and stylish and looks good on his arm. She is the dutiful wife and I'm sure is a very sweet person. Also from looking at their pictures, she looks like she can be fun to be around.
    Last edited by libgirl2; 03-13-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    sclarke257 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Jeremy is very much into his image and Jinger fits the part.
    There must be SOME reason he chose her? They just seem very mismatched to me; like a worldly adult (Jeremy) with a sheltered child (Jinger); kind of almost creepy. I frankly think he and Jessa and she and Ben would be more compatible!

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    There must be SOME reason he chose her? They just seem very mismatched to me; like a worldly adult (Jeremy) with a sheltered child (Jinger); kind of almost creepy. I frankly think he and Jessa and she and Ben would be more compatible!
    He compliments her often so I think, while she is the "subservient" wife, he tries to bolster her and is proud of what she does.
    sclarke257 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I think he'll get tired of propping and trying to "grow" her up; she just seems so vapid and milquetoast to me!
    sclarke257 likes this.

FORT Fogey

That's really infuriating. Poor Joy! Dumb Jill!

There will eventually be a tragedy with these home births if these reality shows keep this up (for ratings).

Sorry, but Jinger was no more impressive this episode than last. Jeremy trying to force her to do something interesting and independent and pawn it off as her own idea and enterprise. Even having to order, "Back to work!" Jinger turning to him and asking, "Do I like it?" or whatever she asked. Even HE answered, "You should know!" She's got a cute little figure and dresses stylishly, but otherwise is a blob of bland!!! I still say she should've married Ben, while Jessa was perfect for Jeremy (they both actually have personalities).

I hate to say it, but more Jim Bob and Michelle! At least they're halfway entertaining.
    libgirl2 likes this.

c'mon inner peace... Phart Blossom's Avatar

I don't believe they are doing home births for ratings. Many people have home births these days as well as using Midwives.
    Nobody is perfect...everyone's ass has a crack in it.

FORT Fogey

But you have to admit that it's better TV with a home birth (I wouldn't think most facilities would even allow filming). Probably myriad reasons, including religious, but it's possible filming is one of them. At any rate, 30 miles from the nearest hospital is too far, and at least get a midwife with two brain cells to rub together...

I think the whole midwife/ home birth thing is religious based. And don't forget JB's comment about her having a "natural" birth. There is something creepy and weird about all of this.... a bunch of women surrounding Joy as if it was some cult welcoming in the anti-Christ. And why pray for a natural childbirth and not a safe one first and foremost.

FORT Fogey

No different from Maddie's birth on "Sister Wives." At least they didn't pull out folding chairs!

+ Reply to Thread