+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 74748495051525354555657585960 LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

c'mon inner peace... Phart Blossom's Avatar

Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

I have only watched a handful of episodes, but see them in the news all the time. I really do not get the hate people seem to have for this family.
    Nobody is perfect...everyone's ass has a crack in it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Phart Blossom View Post
    I have only watched a handful of episodes, but see them in the news all the time. I really do not get the hate people seem to have for this family.
    I agree; it's over the top. I believe it's part-and-parcel of the sometime irrational hatred many have these days for all things vaguely conservative or, even worse, religious. One of the forums in particular oozes venom; the posters seem unhinged.
    Teri313 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Better luck this time, Josiah! The girl is very pretty!

JoyAnna had her baby. Baby boy names Gideon Martyn weighed over 10 lbs!
    sclarke257 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I think you're right - just the two sisters. I don't actually watch the show any more . . . just enjoy the snarking.
    I'm with you AZ, I get on here and check things out but that's about it. Derick Dillard has been causing quite a row on Twitter with his opinions of TLC and the transgender shows. He recently said the newest baby for Jill and he, Samuel, had been in NICU for awhile, and TLC never even offered to help pay his medical expenses. Derick claimed it took them over a year to pay it off. Gee Derick....just like real folks and no help from Big Daddy JimBob. Grow the hell up. Derick isn't nearly as clever as he thinks he is. His answer for everything is lifting a Bible verse out of context and laying it out as if he's been divinely inspired. TLC did well to get rid of him....he's a pompous pain in the ass.
    Kao, libgirl2, AZChristian and 1 others like this.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I'm with you AZ, I get on here and check things out but that's about it. Derick Dillard has been causing quite a row on Twitter with his opinions of TLC and the transgender shows. He recently said the newest baby for Jill and he, Samuel, had been in NICU for awhile, and TLC never even offered to help pay his medical expenses. Derick claimed it took them over a year to pay it off. Gee Derick....just like real folks and no help from Big Daddy JimBob. Grow the hell up. Derick isn't nearly as clever as he thinks he is. His answer for everything is lifting a Bible verse out of context and laying it out as if he's been divinely inspired. TLC did well to get rid of him....he's a pompous pain in the ass.
    Wow, the absolute nerve of this literal piece of human excrement. So, besides being a religious bigot, he expected TLC to pay his bills? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Wow, the absolute nerve of this literal piece of human excrement. So, besides being a religious bigot, he expected TLC to pay his bills? Ugh.
    It is a very involved story. The question is who is getting the money the show is making? Is Jim Bob hanging onto it? And if the kids are on the show and at this point THE show, are they getting paid. I'm not defending him, but its a huge mess. He is a nut but I can see Jim Bob doling out an "allowance".
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

That explains why Jill was alone in the interviews this season. I saw Joe and Kendra address the "front hug" controversy tonight. So bizarre they way they "court".

FORT Fogey

We may find it bizarre, but it seems obvious that it works for them. These people/couples seem very happy and apparently have successful marriages -- with the obvious exception of Josh, of course, but he moved away from his support system. I'm surprised Jeremy and Jinger are actually putting down roots in Laredo; doesn't seem like they could have much of a life there (does anyone speak English in the "Gateway to Mexico," because they don't speak Spanish), and even I don't like to see little kids grow up without any -- neither hers nor his -- family around. I don't get the Jinger love on other forums; she just seems like a bland, boring, shy little girl to me. What a waste of a big, handsome, athletic, funny, charming, bookish man! But there's no accounting for taste.

+ Reply to Thread