+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    And some people like vanilla ice cream.
    She has always been the one with a great sense of style and I like her photography. I think with the right atmosphere she would have been quite accomplished.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Nothing outstanding about her photography. I'll concede that she dresses nicely.

Nothing outstanding about her photography. I'll concede that she dresses nicely.
    Her photography is better than I can do! lol! You have to realize she hasn't had any formal training or probably even taken a basic class on photography, but she loves it and its too bad she couldn't explore it more.

FORT Fogey

You're obviously a fan (I won't argue further)... I'm not... Dull as dishwater!

You're obviously a fan (I won't argue further)... I'm not... Dull as dishwater!
    Not so much a fan, just find her the most like able of all of them. I think for the most part the whole family seems dull. The smiles don't quite reach the eyes....

Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat View Post
    At first I was agreeing that she might have gotten pregnant beforehand, but then I started thinking about all their super-strict courtship and engagement rules. I don't even like this show, but I do keep up with it here out of curiosity, and the other day decided to check the TLC website for the latest episode, so I could check how thin/not thin Joy was before the wedding - to compare her tummy size. Well, the latest episode available is a behind the scenes interview show. It was mildly interesting. I was struck with John David (I think - it's weird that he was speaking for them all when talking about courtship rules, since he hasn't even been in one) saying that not all their family friends do it this way. They know they're odd/different. So that also means everyone (even family friends) is going to be sort looking at them out of curiosity, watching to see IF they can do it (or not do it, haha).
    So that led me to start thinking about the family having a brand to protect. This whole "schtick" (not trying to knock their religious convictions) is their paycheck. You better bet mama and JimBob, as well as all those siblings are watching every one of them like a hawk. They know any little thing will be noticed by everyone. I doubt even engaged couples are ever truly alone long enough for more than just a quick front hug or kiss - if they decided to "rebel."
    When I was about her age my mother said to me: "First babies can come any time, all the rest take nine months." As a matter of fact I think that was the only "talk" we had.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

There's a LOT of "stuff" out there alluding to the probability of an early start to their intimacy. Where there's a will . . .
    libgirl2 likes this.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread