Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 343444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Like Tree417Likes

Thread: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Well that was fast.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

wouldn't surprise me if Joy was pregnant beforehand. They moved the wedding date. Also....traditionally Duggars are very coy about the pregnancies until after the first trimester. Don't blame them. As I said before....if that's what this couple wants, I wish them well; but having well-heeled parents will help considerable.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

At first I was agreeing that she might have gotten pregnant beforehand, but then I started thinking about all their super-strict courtship and engagement rules. I don't even like this show, but I do keep up with it here out of curiosity, and the other day decided to check the TLC website for the latest episode, so I could check how thin/not thin Joy was before the wedding - to compare her tummy size. Well, the latest episode available is a behind the scenes interview show. It was mildly interesting. I was struck with John David (I think - it's weird that he was speaking for them all when talking about courtship rules, since he hasn't even been in one) saying that not all their family friends do it this way. They know they're odd/different. So that also means everyone (even family friends) is going to be sort looking at them out of curiosity, watching to see IF they can do it (or not do it, haha).
    So that led me to start thinking about the family having a brand to protect. This whole "schtick" (not trying to knock their religious convictions) is their paycheck. You better bet mama and JimBob, as well as all those siblings are watching every one of them like a hawk. They know any little thing will be noticed by everyone. I doubt even engaged couples are ever truly alone long enough for more than just a quick front hug or kiss - if they decided to "rebel."

FORT Fogey

They're all "chaperoned" at all times; in Joy's case, it was mostly by Austin's dad as they flipped houses together. There wouldn't be any point in "short engagements" if they were going to go ahead and do the Mambo without benefit of marriage.
    aramcobrat likes this.

FORT Fogey

Enough about Joy; let's talk about how lacking in personality Jinger is. My goodness, that girl is as dull as dishwater!
    aramcobrat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    Enough about Joy; let's talk about how lacking in personality Jinger is. My goodness, that girl is as dull as dishwater!
    I think she does have a good personality. You can see bits of it. I think it has to do with being on camera.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Josh and Anna welcomed baby no. 5

Josh & Anna Duggar Welcome Fifth Child
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I think she does have a good personality. You can see bits of it. I think it has to do with being on camera.
    And some people like vanilla ice cream.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant View Post
    Josh and Anna welcomed baby no. 5

Josh & Anna Duggar Welcome Fifth Child
    "Five Kids and Counting." I think it's always been Anna's ambition to be Michelle 2.0 (it seemed she and Jill were vying for the role for a while, but it turns out Jill isn't built for it), and she wasn't about to let Josh's "indiscretion" stand in the way of that. The only sticking point is getting the viewers to accept him again, but they're certainly worming their way back into the public eye!

+ Reply to Thread