+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 543
Like Tree417Likes

Thread: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

  1. #501
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,011

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    Well that didn't take long. Seriously, she is way too young. I'm glad Jinger and Jeremy seem to be waiting (at least I hope). Enjoy each other, grow with each other...... first.

    Counting On's Joy-Anna Duggar Is Pregnant with First Child
    Jupiter likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  2. #502
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,015

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    Not "too young" if that's what she wants to do! These two seem to be totally on the same page, and she seems beyond happy, so... Good for them!

  3. #503
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,011

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    Not "too young" if that's what she wants to do! These two seem to be totally on the same page, and she seems beyond happy, so... Good for them!
    They do seem to really like each other, but I still think she is too young. She is still a teenager.
    Last edited by libgirl2; 08-31-2017 at 03:59 PM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  4. #504
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,015

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    What else are they going to do; sit around and look at each other for ten years? Why? Early marriage and motherhood used to be the norm (in antiquity, at puberty). So I see nothing harmful or strange about it considering there's no college or career on Joy's horizon for which to delay it. The younger the mother, the healthier the eggs!

  5. #505
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,011

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    What else are they going to do; sit around and look at each other for ten years? Why? Early marriage and motherhood used to be the norm (in antiquity, at puberty). So I see nothing harmful or strange about it considering there's no college or career on Joy's horizon for which to delay it. The younger the mother, the healthier the eggs!
    A good point, this is what she was raised for, marriage and babies. There is no college or career. She should have had that opportunity but she didn't get it. I wonder how many of those kids could have been doctors, maybe even cure a disease, or an inventor..... but its not going to happen, especially for the women.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  6. #506
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,015

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    A good point, this is what she was raised for, marriage and babies. There is no college or career. She should have had that opportunity but she didn't get it. I wonder how many of those kids could have been doctors, maybe even cure a disease, or an inventor..... but its not going to happen, especially for the women.
    Why should we bemoan her fate? Why do we assume that everyone wants that and no one wants this? It's rather presumptuous of us, I think. Again, she seems beyond happy to me. Every college graduate/career woman should feel so fulfilled! In fact, ALL the married girls seem happy with the possible exception of Jill, who has other reasons to be unhappy...

  7. #507
    FORT Fogey Jupiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    Points well made...by everyone. Even so, I keep thinking "she's only 19...she's only 19". I didn't go to college either and my first child was born just after I turned 20. I love my sons and wouldn't trade them for the world, but I was so young...and stupid. Even if I did not pursue college, there are so many things I could've done as a young person. I might have traveled...volunteered in another country. Learned about other people...everywhere...anywhere . Read, study, think....learn to think on my own. How sad this is all she was raised for. If she's happy...then good; but if she were my child and knowing what I know now, I wouldn't be happy at all. Well, what's done is done. I wish these young people well.
    libgirl2 and aramcobrat like this.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

  8. #508
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,015

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    Juliet (of Shakespeare fame) was only 13; just remember that!

  9. #509
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    55
    Posts
    5,881

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    Congrats to Joy Anna on her marriage and baby! Not sure why people make marriage seem like a death sentence?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  10. #510
    FORT Fogey Jupiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Congrats to Joy Anna on her marriage and baby! Not sure why people make marriage seem like a death sentence?
    Who said its a death sentence? I've been married to my second husband 32 years and I wouldn't have it differently. You're comparing apples and oranges. I'm talking about age. Life has certain opportunities that anyone might step up and take when the time is right. If she's happy in her situation...good, but she is so young. There are so many things that could be done at this time in her life with plenty of time remaining to marry and raise a family. I think its also important to note the Duggar family, married or otherwise, does not seem to have the financial struggles that most young couples at the age of 19 with a baby on the way would have. I've been there in my first marriage and it was a difficult way to live.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.