+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Re: "Jill and Jessa: Counting On" TLC

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't need any scenes of Michelle or JB. I understand that she had to be there for Jessa's delivery, but we didn't need to see it. She could have just said who was present. And I certainly didn't need to see the gathering where JB lays a big kiss on Michelle. Ugghhh.....
    I agree. it was disgusting. I kind of thought that maybe baby talk didn't want the kiss either. It was very awkward

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    I agree. it was disgusting. I kind of thought that maybe baby talk didn't want the kiss either. It was very awkward
    I thought they, for the most part, kept it to a minimum. As I mentioned...I think JB is pissed as hell at Josh. That relationship (however it WAS a relationship) could be permanently damaged. I also think some of his brothers are going to have difficulty readjusting with Josh. If I were Derick and Ben Josh would not under any circumstances have contact with his sisters or the babies. Josh has been a sick sick kid and man. The degree to which he can be repaired remains to be seen.

I really wish these girls would stop the home births. I can't imagine why they try it when they are obviously having very big babies that can bring about complications. I see nothing wrong with home births per se, but I think it would depend on the course of the pregnancy, any complications, size of baby, etc. In other words...even up until the time of labor it isn't carved in stone. I wonder if the girls even visit an obstetrician?
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

Michelle seemed totally shocked at the size of the baby. Really? I thought Jessa knew the baby was quite large. I hope she got prenatal care, but I'm beginning to wonder.

And was there a qualified midwife present? I never saw one, but perhaps they just didn't want to be on camera. I wonder if it was just Jana, Michelle and Jill by skype. If that is the case, then it really is disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Michelle seemed totally shocked at the size of the baby. Really? I thought Jessa knew the baby was quite large. I hope she got prenatal care, but I'm beginning to wonder.

And was there a qualified midwife present? I never saw one, but perhaps they just didn't want to be on camera. I wonder if it was just Jana, Michelle and Jill by skype. If that is the case, then it really is disturbing.
    I think they mentioned Jessa's birthing team coming in. I could hear unfamiliar voices, which I assumed was the midwife. You would think they would realize before hand that the baby was large and Jessa would require assistance.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

I didn't notice that. Well, at least she had some professional assistance. I hope they were qualified. Some things I have read online say that the midwife would not have allowed her to labor that long with a large baby as it overexerts the uterus, which can result in hemorrhaging. I don't know, but their philosophy seems to be so lax with childbirth. I wonder what would happen if one of the girls said, I want to see a regular doctor and have my baby in the hospital. I mean, it's not that crazy of an idea, though, it seems rare in their circles. Now that Jill and Jessa have had difficulties in their first delivery, I guess they will have to see doctors and deliver in the hospital, right?

Was it just me or did Anna look really pretty on the last episode with that white vest she had on? It was the best I have ever seen her look. I just thought how she deserves much better. Sadly, she was raised not to.

I also noticed a girl with pants on but couldn't figure out who it was.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I saw a photo of Jessa with pants on around the time she married Ben. It was just before or just after their marriage and she was sitting with others including Ben in her parent's house living room. I saw it online. They looked like athletic type pants. I assumed that they had been working out.

Has anyone heard or seen anything about this....a crying swaddled Israel being blanket trained. Kind of scary stuff.

Jill Dillard Blanket Training? Disturbing Photos Of Bruised, Swaddled Israel Prompt Outrage On Social Media - Starpulse.com
    aramcobrat and Kiz like this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I took a minute to look at pictures in their family blog while having my morning coffee. I'd read that Derick is thin. That young man looks really unwell. Even when his mouth is smiling, his eyes are not.
    tinderbox likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Kiz

Thanks for the link, Jupiter.

In my opinion, swaddling an active toddler and blanket torture...err training...would be used solely to break a child's will (although, I don't know if these folks are following the Duggar parenting method of rebuking and/or smacking a child until he's afraid to explore past his blanket's edge).

The little boy is clearly in distress at having been completely bound by a blanket. I can't even imagine why the parents posted those sad photos. They're either thumbing their noses at everyone or are totally ignorant. I did a quick google search on swaddling, and even the staunch proponents advise stopping the practice at around four months of age. Israel is just shy of nine months now. And surely they have electric receptacle covers. Man, is that a horrible accident ever waiting to happen. An uncovered receptacle just mere feet from the boy's blanket (trained or not) and right behind his toys. Parenting 101 in addition to their Spanish classes is in order.
    Each evening, I think, "Boy, things can't get any dumber." The next morning I wake up and think, "Things were so much smarter last night." - Ben Shapiro

+ Reply to Thread