+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Like Tree419Likes

Thread: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Watched last night. Is it me or did Joseph and Kendra do a front hug? Twice.

I also have noticed with these weddings that Jim Bob gets so much more emotional than Michelle. She is flitting around in her girly voice and he is usually in tears.
    Maybe Kendra decided a front hug was okay? I thought the girls set the rules. I get having a chaperone but there are some things to be discussed between a future husband and wife that NO ONE ELSE NEEDS TO HEAR. It can be random stuff, it should be some serious stuff.....it needs to be between the two of them.
    libgirl2 and aramcobrat like this.

FORT Fogey

Well, to some extent, it a tenet of their religion. With some wiggle room allowed for individual preferences, I suppose.

I don't know if anybody else caught it but somebody...pardon my memory...either the minister or one of Joy's brothers when asked about the first kiss said 'oh they did good but they have experience'. I thought that was eye opening.

I'm not so sure they are so non touchy off camera. Jinger and her guy seemed quite close many times.

I can't imagine Joy and Austin kissed before marriage. Now Jinger and Jeremy, I wouldn't be surprised.
    Mrs. Hanson and jeanne like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Is it just me, or did anyone else get a melancholy feeling about poor Spurge? I know it's tough to adjust to going from being an only child to being an older brother, but it seems like they're asking him to go from 0 to 60. One day Jessa is loving on Spurge, cuddling him, holding him, talking to him, and after the baby comes she's 'wearing' it (is that necessary; don't newborns sleep most of the time?) so that she can't pick up or hold Spurge. He's also being asked to wait, share, sit by himself, not climb on her, etc. (and is too young to understand why) and doesn't look like the happy, smiling little boy he was. Seems to me they could transition more gradually. I just got the uncomfortable feeling that Jessa was being her old mean girl self again; she can be kind of a sadist! I hope not.

Many kids who have a sibling close in age have to deal with this, but I will say Spurge doesn't look like he wants to have anything to do with it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Many kids who have a sibling close in age have to deal with this, but I will say Spurge doesn't look like he wants to have anything to do with it.
    I honestly thought she was unnecessarily over-the-top about it. That sling carrier isn't even appropriate for a newborn who can't support his own head; it hit the back of his neck, and his head was flopping all over the place unless she was actually holding it up. The baby could've been snoozing in a crib or swing while Spurge got just a little of the "cuddling" he was used to rather than cut him off completely to obsess over the newborn. Even during naptime, she kept the baby right beside her. I hope she's not going to be another Michelle: loving the youngest child only until the next youngest child comes along. Yes, he has to learn that things are going to be different now, but it's as if she indulged herself with snuggling him until the baby arrived, and then couldn't give him the time of day. Her behavior with Spurge was cold and harsh for the first time, in my opinion, and reminded me of her "mean" past. It made me really sad to watch.
    Last edited by sketcher; 07-06-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    libgirl2 likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    I hope she's not going to be another Michelle: loving the youngest child only until the next youngest child comes along. Yes, he has to learn that things are going to be different now, but it's as if she indulged herself with snuggling him until the baby arrived, and then couldn't give him the time of day. Her behavior with Spurge was cold and harsh for the first time, in my opinion, and reminded me of her "mean" past. It made me really sad to watch.
    That was my first thought when reading about this. Like mother, like daughter? Baby addiction.
    sketcher likes this.
    I'm Paula.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    That was my first thought when reading about this. Like mother, like daughter? Baby addiction.
    Well, that's what she grew up seeing! :'(
    libgirl2 and AZChristian like this.

Yes, she could have put Henry down for a nap or even in a baby seat and spent time with Spurge.
    sketcher likes this.

+ Reply to Thread