+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Like Tree419Likes

Thread: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Watched last night. Is it me or did Joseph and Kendra do a front hug? Twice.

I also have noticed with these weddings that Jim Bob gets so much more emotional than Michelle. She is flitting around in her girly voice and he is usually in tears.
    Last edited by libgirl2; 06-13-2017 at 09:16 AM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Michelle is not right; I think she lost it around the Josie/menopause/Josh-gate time. And yes; despite his foibles, I believe Jim Bob is a good and loving father.

So happy for Joe; who saw THAT coming? She seems perfect for him! Same for Joy and Austin; he is HOT... What a catch! Marriages are improving with time.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    Michelle is not right; I think she lost it around the Josie/menopause/Josh-gate time. And yes; despite his foibles, I believe Jim Bob is a good and loving father.

So happy for Joe; who saw THAT coming? She seems perfect for him! Same for Joy and Austin; he is HOT... What a catch! Marriages are improving with time.
    I think what made me realize that Jim Bob really does love his children was Joy telling Jim Bob she loved him and he is a good father. It came from the heart and you could tell he was touched. I agree about Michelle, something is just not there. She didn't act like the mother of the bride. She didn't seem to be too involved in any preparation.

Even though I think she is too young to marry, I believe Austin to be a good match for her. They seem very similar. He looks very much in love with her. And she didn't look like she was upset imho not even that nervous.
    Last edited by libgirl2; 06-13-2017 at 01:17 PM.

FORT Fogey

I honestly think their method of marrying is brilliant; bet it's much more successful than our version! It's just that I'd rather see something else for a change besides weddings. And courtships. And pregnancies. And babies. And hair.
    Mrs. Hanson and jeanne like this.

I would like to see the couples getting to know each other more. I don't mean physical but time alone just to talk. And just wait a bit more time until they get engaged and married. It doesn't have to be years but at least court for a year and then plan a normal wedding in 6 months or so. I would be so afraid to rush into it and then be disappointed and unhappy. It might also be more successful because divorce is almost non-existent. At least they do take their vows very seriously.

So far I do think the couples are all well matched out, except for poor Anna. She should be with someone who adores her and only wants her. She seems like a very nice and sometimes sad person. Josh is someone who hasn't taken his vows seriously.

FORT Fogey

Joy and Austin have known each other for fourteen years! They get together with other families (often off camera, I suppose), go to a family camp in the summer, etc. It's basically an arranged marriage and, just from what I've read, those generally work out better than our romantic matches based on "love" or, more often, lust. Those arranging the matches make sure they're compatible and are likely to succeed, and the commitment is more to the institution of marriage (in this case, their religion) than on the other person. Thus, it doesn't matter if infatuation fades, and true love usually grows because they treat each other well based on their values. They all seem pretty happy to me; JMO.

I would like to see the girls graduate from college or learn some trade. In today's society girls aren't marrying until they have done something beside marry and have babies. That is so 60's. Even their husbands, once they marry them, don't work. It's a really strange coupling and all being encouraged and paid for by TLC. Uggg.

Does this new husband of Joy's work? The storm cut out my tv so I didn't get to watch the two latest episodes. I also did not see his parents? Are they around and does he have a family..brothers or sisters.

Joy just seems so very young to marry. She talks like a baby and doesn't speak very well due to only some home schooling at the kitchen table with Michelle. Four girls down and what?? five to go???

She seems very immature to me. She's barely 18. I don't know what kind of work he does, but realisticly they don't have to work. The Duggars are millionaires and they get paid for the show. Plus they're all suing some magazine for exposing what happened with Josh. Anyone else think it's strange that Joe's "fiancÚ" looks just like his sisters? I'm surprised Jinger hasn't announced that she's pregnant yet.

I don't think the marriages are necessarily "arranged". I think the kids are exposed to people of the same mind set and background in hopes that they get together.

FORT Fogey

The women don't need a degree, career, or trade; they're married for life, per the marriage vows that they obviously all take very seriously. Even Anna. As for Austin, even if all he does is flip houses for a living (he's obviously a skilled carpenter/renovator/handyman). He could become a millionaire that way; especially if he keeps some properties to rent out, as that's how the Duggers survived before TLC came along. And I see Derrick didn't take my advice (I finally reached his brother via FB and suggested he be evaluated for a dissecting aortic aneurysm secondary to Marfan's Syndrome). Sigh!
    Last edited by sketcher; 06-14-2017 at 10:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread