+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Like Tree419Likes

Thread: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Re: "Jill and Jessa: Counting On" TLC

I may be all wet about this, but I think this show is being done for financial reasons only. This family appears to have adapted very well to living life in front of a camera and the financial reward it gave all of them. With the birth of Jessa's son, this all has obviously been planned for quite some time. I doubt JB gives a rat's ass as long as he gets a cut of the deal. Now a word or two about the participants. Ben comes across as a very caring young man....just not very well educated and young. I was truly taken aback by Derick. From past shows I thought he had a little more going for him than I'm seeing now. I find it odd that neither young man comments on Josh having molested their wives in childhood. You'd think they'd have a very strong need to kick Josh's ass....and would say so. Jill cries easily. I wonder why? Jessa is shrewd and tries to be a manipulator, although I don't think she's very good at it. Then there's Anna. I don't know what to make of her. Her announcement about not leaving Josh does not surprise me. She still comes across as mousey and needy, but somehow I don't believe she actually is either of those things. Along with her MIL, Michelle, Anna has adopted an affectation, a way of speaking, holding her head, smiling, body language...all that for some reason they seem to think is flattering. In the final analysis her decision to return to Josh is her own business. I don't understand airing out one's dirty laundry unless it is for the paycheck. I firmly believe that's what we are seeing now. TLC will more than likely step back, gauge viewer mood and ratings....then swing around with another 3 episodes probably sometime near Spring; all the while keeping interest going with People Magazine articles, etc. Josh will get out of rehab and with the help of a PR firm, begin working his way back into a world that includes the camera. It may take some time....and a good PR group will understand that. Anywho....that's my take on it. They (especially the girls) need the money. Its as simple as that.
    aramcobrat, tinderbox and Kiz like this.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Maybe if Josh does the unthinkable with one of his daughters, Anna will finally do what needs to be done to stop it.

"Next on 'Wives with Knives,' the story of a religious hypocrite who went one step too far . . . "
    Jupiter, ness, libgirl2 and 2 others like this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Maybe if Josh does the unthinkable with one of his daughters, Anna will finally do what needs to be done to stop it.

"Next on 'Wives with Knives,' the story of a religious hypocrite who went one step too far . . . "
    Unfortunately, I believe it may just HAVE to come down to that.

But then again, Anna is SO twisted, I've got to wonder if even Josh crossing the line with either or both of their daughters would give her enough momentum to run, NOT walk, to the nearest divorce attorney.

WHERE is the local DFACS when it's MORE than pretty clear that they're needed?

SMH.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post

Well...we'd like to think so right? If my family were connected with the Duggars & they revealed Josh's prior behavior, my father would've marched us out the door before the food was served. Yet Anna & her family apparently accepted & forgave what they called "curious" behavior from an adolescent. Folks...5yr Olds want to get a peek at sister's boobies. THAT'S normal. When an adolescent desires to feel up his sisters, that is twisted & as we all have discussed ad nauseum, should've been addressed as a very serious issue. So...here we are...back at the starting gate. Anna never should've married Josh, but she did. She ain't gonna abandon ship now. And yes...it is tremendously worrisome for his daughters. I do hope Child Protection consistently follows up on Josh, but I'm doubtful about it. It's a very troubling & sad situation.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

I wish that Jessa and Ben could wait until they have parented for a little while before trying to adopt a baby. If the agency had allowed them, they would have gotten two babies at once. That kind of behavior reminded me so much of Michelle. She's only 23 years old. She has no real education or training and she's completely consumed with multiple babies. I really feel for her in that she seems to have no ambition. And I guess she has no qualms about assigning the duties on to older daughters, if she gets those.

It appears that Jill is doing more with her talents and interests. I respect that. I did notice how when visiting the child care facility in central America she said that Jessa would want to take all the children home with her. Maybe, she was joking, but I sense that even she recognizes this obsession with loads of kids.

I do wonder if anyone says to them, "Why not devote your time and attention to this one child and give this child your all for at least a couple of years?' That kind of thing just seems to not dawn on them. It's always about more kids, more babies, a house full, etc. I'm not sure I can tolerate much more of it. It's what I despised about Michelle. If her daughters mimic it......I just can't take it. And it would be nice, if the husband/daddy, said, You know, we are going to take care of one child, before we rush to get another one. We both have some maturing to do and rushing another baby, before we even learn how to parent this one is too premature. Maybe the husband should take the lead.

Derick said he was trying to gain weight. I know that he had some oral surgery. Is that what caused his weight loss? He doesn't seem to be very healthy. Did anyone notice that. I mean for a guy his age, he seems rather sedate.

I could have done without seeing JB and Michelle last night. They could have been cut out.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I wish that Jessa and Ben could wait until they have parented for a little while before trying to adopt a baby. If the agency had allowed them, they would have gotten two babies at once. That kind of behavior reminded me so much of Michelle. She's only 23 years old. She has no real education or training and she's completely consumed with multiple babies. I really feel for her in that she seems to have no ambition. And I guess she has no qualms about assigning the duties on to older daughters, if she gets those.

It appears that Jill is doing more with her talents and interests. I respect that. I did notice how when visiting the child care facility in central America she said that Jessa would want to take all the children home with her. Maybe, she was joking, but I sense that even she recognizes this obsession with loads of kids.

I do wonder if anyone says to them, "Why not devote your time and attention to this one child and give this child your all for at least a couple of years?' That kind of thing just seems to not dawn on them. It's always about more kids, more babies, a house full, etc. I'm not sure I can tolerate much more of it. It's what I despised about Michelle. If her daughters mimic it......I just can't take it. And it would be nice, if the husband/daddy, said, You know, we are going to take care of one child, before we rush to get another one. We both have some maturing to do and rushing another baby, before we even learn how to parent this one is too premature. Maybe the husband should take the lead.

Derick said he was trying to gain weight. I know that he had some oral surgery. Is that what caused his weight loss? He doesn't seem to be very healthy. Did anyone notice that. I mean for a guy his age, he seems rather sedate.

I could have done without seeing JB and Michelle last night. They could have been cut out.
    I noticed we saw much more of Michelle than JB....and I don't think that's an accident. Michelle was seen on camera during the baby shower moments in last weeks show...and then of course during Jessa's delivery this week. JB is there....but says and is seen very little. I'm wondering if when Josh gets out of rehab if his main source of problems in dealing with the aftermath of this mess will come from JB? JB is not a happy camper. Their TV show was ruined and pulled off the air because of Josh. They've endured humiliation and embarrassment. Further rubbing salt in the would is the fact that JB undoubtedly got Josh set up with the FRG in Washington and had Josh on a political track (that's my opinion...I don't know it for a fact). I think JB is pissed as hell...and it shows.

I'm not too concerned about this adoption facet of the show. The producers have to do something to keep the pot stirred up, so I believe they throw out the "adoption" storyline hoping to keep the thing going. Keeping this show going even on a part time "special" basis, is going to take some work. Last nite's program was like watching grass grow. I swear Jessa and Ben come across as unbelievably dull and half-witted people, Jill and Derick the same if not worse. Yes...Derick is thin because of oral surgery, but that's the least of his problems. That boy doesn't act like he could get out of a building quick if someone yelled "fire!". Perhaps they don't show it...but I don't see much hands on help with Israel coming from Derick either. I do think by now Jill knows exactly what she's let herself in for. She's married to a nincompoop...living in a foreign country with a new baby ....horrible langague skills....and Jana, Jinger and Joy are no where in sight to take Israel for her. Well now Jilly Muffin.....ain't that a conundrum?
    woodiedog likes this.

I hate to voice concern that is not founded, but have any of you ever heard of Warfan's syndrome? I wonder if Derick has been tested for it. Crowded teeth, tall, thin body, prone to exhaustion are some of the symptoms. Most have cardiovascular problems that limits their activity level. It would explain some of the things I noticed about him. Maybe, they know, but haven't revealed it.

I think Jill made it clear that she would be consulting with pregnant women, but not be their midwife. I guess she is not ready for that with a small child herself. Plus, if she's their midwife, she might not be able to fly home that much. I guess, I'm trying to envision the type of mission that they are preparing for. Jessa said that Jill and Derick's next home would not have internet. I really wonder if she is just trying to escape all the publicity about her family. I can understand it, but it's rather extreme.

I have read online that Jessa's medical problem could have been avoided with proper care. Some midwives have chimed in about it. I wonder if she realizes that now and if she will attempt another home birth.
    Last edited by Debb70; 12-28-2015 at 07:31 PM.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Hadn't thought about it (haven't watched the show very often). But I did some looking up on Marfan's Syndrome. Hope it's not that . . .
    I'm Paula.

I was flipping channels and caught a little bit of the show after Jessa had the baby. Ole JB had to mack on babytalk and it disgusted me so I turned it.

I don't need any scenes of Michelle or JB. I understand that she had to be there for Jessa's delivery, but we didn't need to see it. She could have just said who was present. And I certainly didn't need to see the gathering where JB lays a big kiss on Michelle. Ugghhh.....

+ Reply to Thread