+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree376Likes

Thread: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Do these people not stop to think about all the torment these kids are gonna be put through growing up with names like Spurgeon and Wilberforce?
    aramcobrat and sclilred1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    Do these people not stop to think about all the torment these kids are gonna be put through growing up with names like Spurgeon and Wilberforce?
    I've actually gotten use to Spurgeon. It's not as bad as it seemed at the beginning, especially since they seem to shorten it to Spurge or Spurgie. Wilberforce is only a middle name, so even thought it's bad, hopefully they will just call him Henry.

I'd say they are clueless about teasing. They've never been to school and have never really socialized beyond their own siblings and siblings in other large families in their Quiverfull (isn't that what it's called?) movement.

I don't think I can ever get used to Spurgeon. And honestly Spurge is almost worse for me. Spurgeon makes me think fish (Sturgeon); Spurge makes me think throwing up - purge. I can only imagine the teasing with that one.
    As someone who has a "weird" name (Gretchen - no, it's not Spurgeon-level weird, but I got plenty of teasing growing up; the worst being Wretched or Wretchin'.), I have to say it sticks with you.

Although once again, they probably won't go to school or ever socialize beyond their family either.
    tinderbox and sclilred1 like this.

Okay, now I know they have no sense. Jill and Derick are headed back to Central America - the Zika capital of the world. Jill is pregnant, and stupid by all accounts.
    aramcobrat and bamafan like this.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

FORT Fanatic

What's the timeline? Maybe they plan that for AFTER the baby is born. I'm sure she probably doesn't want to deliver down there! Hopefully...

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    What's the timeline? Maybe they plan that for AFTER the baby is born. I'm sure she probably doesn't want to deliver down there! Hopefully...
    In People, it said they're heading there for a few months before the baby is born. No sense at all.

Didn't she say she was hoping she would get pregnant so that they wouldn't have to go back?
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat View Post
    In People, it said they're heading there for a few months before the baby is born. No sense at all.
    They are insane.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

aramcobrat and JustJuls like this.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Okay, wait a minute...Jill had to have a c-section with her first kid, correct? And after being in labor for four days, right? And while living in Arkansas, which is part of the USA? Where there are real doctors and real hospitals where she can go if she needs another c-section.

Now these two dimwits want to go back to some third-world country BEFORE this new baby is born? Where there are known diseases prevalent. Where if she needs medical intervention when she is in labor, doctors and hospitals are scarce and/or far away. So she will have two under two, (if she survives childbirth) doing missionary work. And, according to the magazine article listed above, Derrick has some health issues of his own. Oh, and since they are broke, let's reach out to our fans and beg for money?

This sounds so well thought out! I mean, what could possibly go wrong???

(I had to have an emergency c-section with my first child. Second child came 22 months later. My doctor advised me not to try for a VBAC since it was less than 2 years since my first section. There was an increased risk that I could have a uterine scar rupture during labor or something like that. When #3 came along, seven years later, doc said to still not try for a VBAC. I have heard of more women trying to do a VBAC, but ending up with another section instead.)

These two are just being extremely foolish and taking such a risk by going back to wherever in Central America. And for what??? Honestly, if they were so hell bent on missionary work they should have held off on starting a family. I thought they were being reckless when they went down there so soon after their first child was born. I was worried the little one had had so few shots and could become extremely ill down there.

None of this makes any sense.
    bamafan, sclilred1 and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread