+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 543
Like Tree417Likes

Thread: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

  1. #101
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    I just think they really shouldn't have taken him out of the country so young. All three of them just look tired and scruffy.

  2. #102
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,015

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    I just think they really shouldn't have taken him out of the country so young. All three of them just look tired and scruffy.
    And again with the rumpled unmade bed and stuff all over the floor (yeah, Jill tried to blame Izzy)... I also forget to mention: my gawd, this family is dull! I just don't believe they'll ever get back that wacky spark they used to have. That ship has sailed.

  3. #103
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    17,935

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    Just watching Jessa and Ben talk about packing to take Spurgeon out of the house was so boring. Ben says there are so many things you have to take and then Jessa can only remember two things.....which is it? Hey Jessa, most people take baby wipes. lol

  4. #104
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,015

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    Ben trying to speak and his interactions with Jessa are just painful to watch! Despite the title, "Jill and Jessa," I feel like these are fishing expeditions for potential mates for Jana, Jinger, and Joyanna. Maybe John David, too?

  5. #105
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,011

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    Ben trying to speak and his interactions with Jessa are just painful to watch! Despite the title, "Jill and Jessa," I feel like these are fishing expeditions for potential mates for Jana, Jinger, and Joyanna. Maybe John David, too?
    Probably and to make money for the family.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  6. #106
    FORT Fogey Jupiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Just watching Jessa and Ben talk about packing to take Spurgeon out of the house was so boring. Ben says there are so many things you have to take and then Jessa can only remember two things.....which is it? Hey Jessa, most people take baby wipes. lol
    Absolutely....I mentioned something a few posts back about watching Derick and Jill is like watching paint dry. That beard on Derick looks horrendous. Jill looks like she is a mess, including the kid. She is NOT who I thought she'd be as a mom. I think they are both wayyyyyy in over their heads with this missionary thing. They weren't ready for it. Derick does not seem like he is helpful with Israel. And my Lord Ben and Jessa. Ben seems good hearted as can be.....but they have nothing to talk about for the camera...nothing. They both seem like they'd be like talking to a post, although Jessa does seem as if she has the better grip on motherhood. Her home looks nicely done (far better than when Josh and Anna lived there). The way they ummmmm and yeh..... and try and make a funny statement that always falls flat...just won't work. However...Spurgeon is adorable. Wayyyyy far cuter than Israel.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

  7. #107
    addicted MamaC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,742

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    I have yet to watch this show, I just like to read the dirt about these dolts on here.

    I have never thought it was a good idea for Jill and Derrick to take the baby out of the country and on a mission to some third world country. How old was the baby when they took off? Only a few months old. What about shots? Do the Duggars believe in vaccinations? I just think they took a great risk and, really, for what? Then they get caught flying back and forth frequently to Arkansas using money that loyal fans donated for their "mission". Uh-huh. I thought I then heard that the two of them were now taking language lessons down there to help them with their mission. Are these kids that stupid that they didn't know the language before they left the states?

    Last year one of the Duggar boys was courting some girl (they have since gone their own way IIRC). Anyway, he met this girl when he went to HER mother for tutoring in SPANISH!!! Now couldn't Dippy Derrick and Jill have gone to this woman, in Arkanas, for some basic lessons that would help them on their mission BEFORE they left the country?

    I can't remember exactly but didn't they bundle up the baby and get out of Dodge right around the time all of Josh's business hit the fan?

    Anyone know how long they anticipate staying on their "mission"? Is Israel being seen for his routine checkups - and vaccinations - (as he would if they were living back in the states?)
    aramcobrat and FlyAKite like this.

  8. #108
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,015

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    I think the scandal really hit Jill hard; after all, she had led a pretty sheltered life, and she seemed genuinely shattered in the Kelly interviews (unlike Jessa). Maybe it was for her mental health? The worst part, IMO, is taking that baby away from Cathy (the OTHER grandmother) when who knows how long her cancer will be in remission? Not happy about JB and Michelle sneaking their way back onto television... And eventually Josh?
    karna68 likes this.

  9. #109
    FORT Fogey Jupiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    Last year one of the Duggar boys was courting some girl (they have since gone their own way IIRC). Anyway, he met this girl when he went to HER mother for tutoring in SPANISH!!! Now couldn't Dippy Derrick and Jill have gone to this woman, in Arkanas, for some basic lessons that would help them on their mission BEFORE they left the country?

    I can't remember exactly but didn't they bundle up the baby and get out of Dodge right around the time all of Josh's business hit the fan?

    Anyone know how long they anticipate staying on their "mission"? Is Israel being seen for his routine checkups - and vaccinations - (as he would if they were living back in the states?)
    Josiah was in a "courtship" with Margie? that didn't last long enough for the water to get hot after the lid blew off the show.

    I've always pretty much assumed Derick and Jill hit the high road about that same time. Perhaps they would have been better off to have remained and faced it head-on than create more drama with this whole mission thing. Personally, I think Derick is so dull he couldn't witness to a cantaloupe, but that's just me. We've seen no evidence of Jill being a midwife except for maybe squirting electrode gel on some woman's pregnant belly, and listening to a heartrate. Show me the on/off switch and hells bells even I could do that.

    Jill does appear to be affected more by Josh's behavior than the others. Maybe her memories are more concise.....I don't know.

    Something that really perplexes me is why both Derick and Ben have not had more to say about the debacle, and clearly been more on the defense for their wives. Could be they've been told by the almighty JB to stay quiet...but I have wondered about it. If nothing else I'd think the boys would catch JB gone and then call a "come to Jesus" meeting with ol' Josh. Time to set some things straight. IMHO.


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    aramcobrat likes this.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

  10. #110
    FORT Fogey Jupiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.