Re: Jill and Jessa: Counting On - TLC

Ha! I guessed correctly about NBDJ!
    ness and sclilred1 like this.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    No Big Deal Jessa.
    Excellent!
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

I realize that a lot of people don't care for the name Spurgeon, but I know someone with that name and he's a really nice person, so it doesn't bother me. lol

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Does anyone know why Jessa and Ben are so hell bent on adoption. Obviously I would have nothing against adoption; but they are young married, and beginning their family with birth children. Jessa has been pushing it since before they got married. What's the rush?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    I would say also for J-slaves (maybe adopting an older child to help with current baby or even another baby to help with subsequent adopted children, since Spurgeon is obviously a boy and thus disqualified for domestic/nanny duty...

I agree that, after that harrowing experience, Jessa isn't up for 19 deliveries, but they'd both still like 19 kids.

As for the name, although not a Duggarite, I WAS familiar with the pastor/author Charles Spurgeon, so it didn't shock me.
    Last edited by sketcher; 03-28-2016 at 09:40 AM.

I think they should have made it the middle name. That's a pretty unique name to saddle a kid with.
    ness and aramcobrat like this.

At least he won't have to go to school and get picked on constantly for his name. But still, that poor kid. I really wish parents would stop and think about the names they give to their children and how it will affect them growing up.
    karna68, ness, aramcobrat and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    I think they should have made it the middle name. That's a pretty unique name to saddle a kid with.
    Agreed.

I once worked for a guy whose middle name was Spurgeon. When I found out what the "S" stood for, I was like: "OOOOHHHHH. OK.", because I also found out that Spurgeon was his mother's maiden name. So that odd name made all kinds of sense.

Plus, it sounded OK to me, too, when used as a middle name.

He suuuuuuuure didn't go by First Initial, "Spurgeon". Last Name!!!!!

For OBVIOUS reasons, I think!!!!

LOL!!
    aramcobrat and sclilred1 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

I know its probably just me....but something about Jill's kid is off or something. I don't know...he doesn't look right around his eyes. I don't mean this to be picking on a baby, really...but has anyone else noticed it?
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I know its probably just me....but something about Jill's kid is off or something. I don't know...he doesn't look right around his eyes. I don't mean this to be picking on a baby, really...but has anyone else noticed it?
    Oddly, I thought that last night too. I turned it on for maybe a few minutes as I was going through channels and noticed that.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I have to confess that I thought this, too, watching last night! Overall, he just looks a little sickly to me. Sorry, kid!

+ Reply to Thread