+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Border Wars

FORT Fogey

Border Wars

This TV show is on the Justice Network. On one episode they showed what it is like in Reynosa, Mexico, where a drug cartel apparently took over the city from the police. Border guards are trying to keep the same think from happening in Hidalgo, Texas. On another episode, the guards found over a half of a million dollars worth of marijuana in the spare tire in a family's car. Both parents were sentenced to five years in a federal prison. On the show, they stated that they only find about one percent of the drug money. The drug cartels buy weapons with the money that they make selling drugs in the U.S.

If addicts could buy their cocaine and marijuana at pharmacies, it would keep drug cartels out of the U.S.

FORT Fogey

Re: Border Wars

On the most recent episode, a twenty-year-old woman was caught with heroin and meth under her clothes. It didn't look like much, but the drugs had a street value of $60,000 dollars. The announcer said that she would likely face a life sentence in prison. A trucker was caught with drugs in the tires of his truck. On my TV screen there was a statement that he would like spend 25 years in a Mexican prison.

On a previous episode, the U.S. police entered a drug cartel house right after the residents left. (The residents must have been tipped off about the approaching police). There was a bag of cocaine about the size of a lunch box next to some baby bottles.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    On the most recent episode, a twenty-year-old woman was caught with heroin and meth under her clothes. It didn't look like much, but the drugs had a street value of $60,000 dollars. The announcer said that she would likely face a life sentence in prison. A trucker was caught with drugs in the tires of his truck. On my TV screen there was a statement that he would like spend 25 years in a Mexican prison.

On a previous episode, the U.S. police entered a drug cartel house right after the residents left. (The residents must have been tipped off about the approaching police). There was a bag of cocaine about the size of a lunch box next to some baby bottles.
    Does anyone else think there is something wrong with this? A Murderer can get 25 years, with parole. These poor women, though committing crimes, are likely being used as mules by corrupt men who wouldn't put themselves in that danger, so they can feed their children.
    “It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.” — Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Does anyone know if JUSTICE NETWORK is on TWC?

I have tons and tons of channels but was soooooo hoping I could find this show.

Would it have another name ... the network by chance?

TY VM
    KAREN

Mine shows up as on National Geographic Channel.
    momrek06 likes this.
    “It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.” — Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Mine shows up as on National Geographic Channel.
    Awwwwwwwe, now that Channel I have! Thanks so much, Punkin! Yeah!
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

Are you all watching reruns?

I cannot find a NEW season.

On my NGC, the BW is all reruns.

Looks like the show ended in April 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_Wars_(TV_series)
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

These shows are reruns, but I'm watching them for the first time.
    momrek06 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Does anyone else think there is something wrong with this? A Murderer can get 25 years, with parole. These poor women, though committing crimes, are likely being used as mules by corrupt men who wouldn't put themselves in that danger, so they can feed their children.
    The punishment doesn't fit the crime. Those who commit crimes of violence should always get longer prison sentences. The man who was caught with drugs in the tires of his truck said that he had a wife and three children. He was crying. He was put in handcuffs and ankle cuffs. They also took his shoes off.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

One show was about drugs that are brought to Florida by boat from Puerto Rico, but most shows are about what goes on in Texas and Arizona. In El Paso, Texas, they showed a drug-sniffing dog who sniffed all of the cars that were crossing into Mexico. Also, the police hired a mechanic to take a car apart to get drugs. The announcer said that the drug cartel must have also hired a mechanic to put the drugs in the car.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast