+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Jacksons: Next Generation (Lifetime)

The Jacksons: Next Generation (Lifetime)

Lifetimeís all-new docuseries "The Jacksons: Next Generation" (#JacksonsNextGen) focuses on the third generation of the famed Jackson family -- Taj, Taryll and TJ -- Tito Jacksonís sons and nephews of the famed Jackson 5. Premiering Friday, October 2, at 10PM ET/PT, the series features the brothers as they work to balance a career and their lives as traditional family men while living up to the pressures and demands that comes with their last name.

The siblings, known as the music group 3T, have toured and sold more than three million records worldwide just off their debut album. Still impacted by the loss of their mother, Dee Dee, the brothers are raising their children and managing the day-to-day tasks within their families, just like everyone else. Their quest for normalcy, however, often collides head-on with the good and bad of living with one of historyís most renowned last names. The series reveals what itís like for them living with the last name Jackson including how they deal with constant rumors, stalkers, and frauds who all want a piece of anything and anyone related to the familyís legacy.
    I watched the first couple eps onDemand and I think I am gonna like this one. I can't believe all together TJ, the youngest at 34, has 8 kids! He has a stepdaughter, 4 of his own including a newborn, and Michael's 3. Taryll is 39 and has 2 kids, his baby mama seems to be a headache so far. TJ is the oldest are 41. I was a fan of these guys when they were 3T, I even saw them in concert!

Anyone else watching?
    mayamaisha and tapper01 like this.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Jacksons: Next Generation (Lifetime)

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    I watched the first couple eps onDemand and I think I am gonna like this one. I can't believe all together TJ, the youngest at 34, has 8 kids! He has a stepdaughter, 4 of his own including a newborn, and Michael's 3. Taryll is 39 and has 2 kids, his baby mama seems to be a headache so far. TJ is the oldest are 41. I was a fan of these guys when they were 3T, I even saw them in concert!

Anyone else watching?
    I'm watching. I just tuned into the 1st episode out of curiosity, not expecting to like or care about these people. Well, that lasted about 2 minutes!!! I am totally invested now and am enjoying the family immensely.

LOVE TJ! He seems like a very sincere, conscientious, nice person, and it's really interesting to me that he's the one who shares guardianship (with grandma Katherine) over Michael's 3 children. I think that was a wise decision, cause from what (little) we can see, he seems like a very stable, caring, good role model uncle.

Tayrll needs to get his act together --- he seams like a real wanna be, and constantly complains about it -- but doesn't really seem to have the drive to actually DO much about it. (And if his brothers aren't invested enough in re-invigorating 3T, then he should figure out something ELSE that he could be doing.) And don't get me started on that girlfriend of his. She is a pill! I wonder what the back story is on the two of them. But whatever it is, they would both be so much happier if they could work out their problems --- together or separately.
    mayamaisha and tapper01 like this.

I started watching it out of my interest in the family. I watched when Tito, Jermaine and the guys were trying to do something after Michael died.

You just want to will them to do great things.

TJ is so sweet and has such responsibilities. He seems to be the most down to earth guy and he is cute too.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post

Anyone else watching?
    I think TJ said he had 9 kids altogether and Taj is the oldest. he's 42, a yr younger than me. I hope they get it together, can't wait to get their new album.

I thought he said 9 too but everything I found online added up to 8. Missing a kid somewhere, lol

Thanks for catching my mistake, I mean to say Taj not TJ again
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)

I watched it because I couldn't sleep and it happened to be on. I had absolutely no interest UNTIL I watched it. It's very well produced & I found myself completely invested. It is now set on my DVR. They all seem to be so down to earth. I hope the best for them all. I agree the girlfriend of the one brother seems to be in it for the name and what's in it for her. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AmyKay and Imperfect1 like this.
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

I thought TJ said he had 2 step children which would make it 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

That's where I'm missing one then, I thought there was only one stepchild, the one that just graduated.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

I saw this thread this morning, and decided to look for this show OnDemand since you all spoke highly of it. Glad I did! Entertaining, and I really like TJ and his (immediate) family. He's really got that Jackson look.
    AmyKay and Imperfect1 like this.

I think the one kid not accounted for when searching online is the new baby they just had.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast